Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

Well. The darker side of the moon looks terrifying.

I'll give you a tip people hate hearing

If you turn on assist mode it becomes a challenging but fun level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What does Assist mode even do?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dizz posted:

What does Assist mode even do?

6 HP
If you stand still HP Regenerates
And the big one - falling into pits is no longer instant death, it takes away 1 HP and drops you back off at the nearest safe space (basically turns every section in the game into a checkpoint)

It's still possible to lose in specific places but basically it just makes the whole level a series of checkpoints. Every time you fall a couple of times you wait and regen health and try again.

You still have to beat the level, you just don't have to replay the first 5 minutes every single time to try

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Motto posted:

Isn't this just Halloween mercy

No, it's Bo Peep: The Anime

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/932869463308779521

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: if you poop his garments
e: oh gently caress someone beat me

Feenix posted:

I’m about 20 minutes into Battle Chef Brigade

As a consumer who is not typically not into this kind of thing, I am finding it very satisfying already.
I had a quick look at it on the eShop last night, is it some sort of Cartoon Network property? Also, it seems to be about 4 or 5 different genres of game, like some platforming with some sort of Match 3 puzzling and maybe some RPG elements thrown in?

Chill Penguin posted:

(I've only played bb)

Has any body said that they should put the Souls games on this thing

Also RE4
I'd love an eShop-only RE4 port just because it's such a fun game. While RE5 is somewhat problematic with its setting, the co-op is a lot of fun. Also Chris punching boulders never gets old.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 21, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I had a quick look at it on the eShop last night, is it some sort of Cartoon Network property? Also, it seems to be about 4 or 5 different genres of game, like some platforming with some sort of Match 3 puzzling and maybe some RPG elements thrown in?

It was a Kickstarter that is published by Adult Swim.

I am really really enjoying Battle Chef Brigade. Everything about it is absolutely charming, delightful, and whimsical; with the added bonus of being a fun challenging game.

Check out this Quicklook for an overview of what it's all about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PI2e1amEUc

Production values are top notch across the board. The art style and voice acting are outstanding.

10/10 would influence you to buy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you like Studio Ghibli movies + Match 3's you'll enjoy the gently caress out of it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

6 HP
If you stand still HP Regenerates
And the big one - falling into pits is no longer instant death, it takes away 1 HP and drops you back off at the nearest safe space (basically turns every section in the game into a checkpoint)

It's still possible to lose in specific places but basically it just makes the whole level a series of checkpoints. Every time you fall a couple of times you wait and regen health and try again.

You still have to beat the level, you just don't have to replay the first 5 minutes every single time to try

Wow I wish I knew of that beforehand. At least I can brag about not using it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

It was a Kickstarter that is published by Adult Swim.

I am really really enjoying Battle Chef Brigade. Everything about it is absolutely charming, delightful, and whimsical; with the added bonus of being a fun challenging game.

Check out this Quicklook for an overview of what it's all about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PI2e1amEUc

Production values are top notch across the board. The art style and voice acting are outstanding.

10/10 would influence you to buy
Oh yeah, I meant Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network. It listed them as the publisher so I wasn't sure. Just looked odd from the screenshots, I thought it was licenced though when I saw AS as the publisher.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

i still need the replaying the first 5 minutes every single time, in my life, but i can foresee a day when i wont

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Battle Chef Brigade looked interesting when I first saw it but wasn't 100% convinced to get it. But I think I might give it a go now!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

irlZaphod posted:

Oh yeah, I meant Adult Swim, not Cartoon Network. It listed them as the publisher so I wasn't sure. Just looked odd from the screenshots, I thought it was licenced though when I saw AS as the publisher.

It's something I would watch as a cartoon, even if fighting giant monsters and then cooking them is basically Toriko.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

e: oh gently caress someone beat me

I'd love an eShop-only RE4 port just because it's such a fun game. While RE5 is somewhat problematic with its setting, the co-op is a lot of fun. Also Chris punching boulders never gets old.

Adult Swim has gotten into publishing indie games because it fits their brand, they don't actually do TV rights or anything.

Zas posted:

i still need the replaying the first 5 minutes every single time, in my life, but i can foresee a day when i wont

Yeah I can definitely see why a lot of people are totally against the thing especially as someone who has spent a lot of time playing every Souls game. But personally I did not want to spend that much time to beat this level, especially because it's not the very last thing you do.

With 3D world it made sense to spend so much time doing it because you literally have to 100% the game up to that point to even unlock the final level, as soon as you beat that thing you put the game down forever. With this as soon as I beat Darker side I went back and started finding more moons so I didn't wanna burn myself out too bad

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
TRIP REPORT: LA NOIRE

one of the first missions was buggy as poo poo - chasing a guy, knocking him down on the ground over and over, while he just keeps getting up to run ahead to the scripted fist fight. Havent seen any bugs after that tho.

it looks great - especially textiles - driving feels nice and the music is really good. the shooting is difficult as balls with the attached joycon sticks/in handheld mode

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Blade

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No boobs

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

she looks like a dot hack

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

They need to roll out more clothes

They heard me!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

the truth posted:

Why were people so crazy about Lydia when this came out? All she can do is carry my loot and fight a little bit. She never has poo poo to say.

I don't know of any reason other than she is extremely powerful compared to your level 1-10 scrub character. She is your tank, sworn to carry your burdens, and will gently caress up anything you meet along the way that even looks at you funny.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I can't decide what to get from the new games coming out. I have about $140 in credit to GameStop.

Probably Rocket League is the only definite.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
People also enjoy Lydia's lovely attitude when you ask her to carry your stuff.

My favorite NPC companion is the Khajiit from the Mages Guild. J'zargo is a smooth operator :allears:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I always like the idea of joining guilds in Elder Scrolls games, but they always want me to do stuff for them first, which puts me off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jye1pXhl2to
Big Splatoon 2 update coming, new hair, new clothes, new photo options, 4 new maps and seems like a new ranked mode as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

deadly_pudding posted:

People also enjoy Lydia's lovely attitude when you ask her to carry your stuff.

My favorite NPC companion is the Khajiit from the Mages Guild. J'zargo is a smooth operator :allears:

My favorite at the beginning is Faendal because you can pay him to train your archery up and then just loot the money back straight from his inventory.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

irlZaphod posted:

I always like the idea of joining guilds in Elder Scrolls games, but they always want me to do stuff for them first, which puts me off.

Generally I enjoy guilds, but I really didn't like Skyrim's take on them. I like it when a guild has various chapters and locations, and not just one big hub that has one specific quest line, and that's it.

Daggerfall Guilds or gtfo :colbert:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

njsykora posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jye1pXhl2to
Big Splatoon 2 update coming, new hair, new clothes, new photo options, 4 new maps and seems like a new ranked mode as well.

Hopefully it’s something you can play with a friend without being X competitive rank for no reason.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm down with Tron Katana Man, and the girl with the neon pink ax is mostly cool but I don't like the circle things on the backside of her skirt.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Generally I enjoy guilds, but I really didn't like Skyrim's take on them. I like it when a guild has various chapters and locations, and not just one big hub that has one specific quest line, and that's it.

Daggerfall Guilds or gtfo :colbert:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they changed that model. I liked how the Guilds in Oblivion required you to do like a full tour around Cyrodiil before the actual "story" of the guild even really began. I think the only one that had a hub from the start in that one was the Dark Brotherhood.

What I hate is how the Thieves Guild is like on the other end of the map from where you start. If you don't vigorously pursue the main quest, or have access to spoilers, then you won't start the Thieves Guild questline until you're like 10 hours in. It just sucks because sticking close to the stealth skills is the most fun way to play these games, imo. Heavy Warrior builds are too straightforward and boring most of the time, and going past like the second tier of magic requires such a specific build, like you'd better have been putting every level into Magicka and be prepared to wear only items that are enchanted with magic boosters. It's weird because my go-to in most RPGs is spellcasters, but my first run through any elder scrolls game is always a thief and/or assassin type.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Huge new Splatoon 2 update coming. Tons of new gear, maps, a new ranked mode and QOL improvements.

Between this, Xonic out today, Xenoblade next week, and a million other games I haven’t beaten and indies, the Switch already has too many games!

Please, Nintendo, I have a family to feed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tempura Wizard posted:

Huge new Splatoon 2 update coming. Tons of new gear, maps, a new ranked mode and QOL improvements.

Between this, Xonic out today, Xenoblade next week, and a million other games I haven’t beaten and indies, the Switch already has too many games!

Conjure more tempura

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Aether foundation has gone too far this time.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My favorite at the beginning is Faendal because you can pay him to train your archery up and then just loot the money back straight from his inventory.

I know you asked this earlier so I looked it up and there's six other followers in the game that let you do this. Five of them are with the Companions in Whiterun, and they teach archery, one-hand, two-hand, block and heavy armor. The last one is a wizard in the Dragonborn dlc that teaches conjuration.

Faendral can only take you up to 50 skill, the others can get you to 75 or 90.

And of course you can get free training from anyone if you boost pickpocketing enough

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh jeez I have a pretty high pickpocket already it never occurred to me to do that with trainers. That’s hilarious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Skyrim has been great overall and I"m enjoying it. I've had it shutdown on me unexpectedly 3 times, though since it autosaves very often, I never really lost much. It just says "An error has resulted in the application shutting down." Or something like that. Of course the first time it happened was just as I accessed the character creator in the beginning of the game, leaving me terrified it wouldn't work at all, but things have been fine since.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only bug I've run into is the companions all went aggro on me when I was supposed to be in a sparring match, but I was able to redraw and resheathe my sword and they chilled out

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

As far as bugs or glitches in the game go, I've had spiders teleport on top of me (while outside), twice they were already dead. Otherwise, I get a lot unresponsive enemies when in stealth, allowing me to just hit them multiple times without them reacting. But maybe that means it's working as intended? I know I don't mind.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tempura Wizard posted:

I really wanted to like Xonic but I already hate the concept of... notes coming out of a circle or whatever. I really liked Technika (pretty sure the ex-Pentavision devs Of Xonic worked on that) but this interface just looks frustrating. I like my rhythm games vanilla, thanks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've been getting my fair share of some wicked lag in Rocket League handheld. My pin is usually about 30-50, which is what I get on my Xbox One as well.

Players and the ball are hovering in place for a second and then moving, never saw it happen on my Xbox unless someone in the game had a terrible connection.

Anyone else having the same issues? Seemed like it didn't happen the first two days.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Beastie posted:

I've been getting my fair share of some wicked lag in Rocket League handheld. My pin is usually about 30-50, which is what I get on my Xbox One as well.

Players and the ball are hovering in place for a second and then moving, never saw it happen on my Xbox unless someone in the game had a terrible connection.

Anyone else having the same issues? Seemed like it didn't happen the first two days.

This happens to me sometimes on PC. I don't think it's a Switch specific issue. Probably just their servers being weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gaffle posted:

And of course you can get free training from anyone if you boost pickpocketing enough

My first 100 every playthrough is pickpocket. Admittedly a little more annoying to do on switch as there no quickload button like on pc but still possible. Without mods though, i've had to rope in my desire to pickpocket every single npc as I don't want to raise my level too high early on and get railroaded in quests.

Pickpocket is seriously the best though. Getting the top perks lets you pickpocket armour and weapons from bandits, leaving them naked and defenceless. There's also a forsworn enemy that you can kill by pickpocketing their heart.

• Locked thread