Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

Obama didn't prosecute wells fargo for the recent mass account fraud scandal. Obama stopped prosecution of any major financial or real estate institutions for mass fraud that caused the 2008 economic crisis. Obama didn't prosecute anyone for the robo fraud foreclosure scandal following the crisis. Obama gifted the major financial institutions with almost a trillion in unaccountable TARP bailouts and 4.5 trillion in quantitative easing. Obama carried water for these institutions after they gave themselves huge bonuses after getting bailed out. Obama did not nationalize the fraudulent failing banks and hedge funds that were bailed out (this had been done before in previous crisis). Obama ensured that protections for homeowners in the original tarp bill was removed. Obama made sure that the banks could foreclose on over 5 million american families. Obama made sure to implement austerity, a policy favored by banks. Obama in effect enacted policies that allowed fraudulent irresponsible lenders to be made whole on their bad loans and they also got the collateral on top of it. Obama's terrible policies were a large part of trump's win.

Thanks Obama.

George Herbert Walker Bush was harsher on bankers in the S&L crisis than obama was in the Great Recession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Let's build a wall and pay comedyblissoption to write it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Obama didn't prosecute wells fargo for the recent mass account fraud scandal. Obama stopped prosecution of any major financial or real estate institutions for mass fraud that caused the 2008 economic crisis. Obama didn't prosecute anyone for the robo fraud foreclosure scandal following the crisis. Obama gifted the major financial institutions with almost a trillion in unaccountable TARP bailouts and 4.5 trillion in quantitative easing. Obama carried water for these institutions after they gave themselves huge bonuses after getting bailed out. Obama did not nationalize the fraudulent failing banks and hedge funds that were bailed out (this had been done before in previous crisis). Obama ensured that protections for homeowners in the original tarp bill was removed. Obama made sure that the banks could foreclose on over 5 million american families. Obama made sure to implement austerity, a policy favored by banks. Obama in effect enacted policies that allowed fraudulent irresponsible lenders to be made whole on their bad loans and they also got the collateral on top of it. Obama's terrible policies were a large part of trump's win.

Thanks Obama.

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Thanks Obama.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Creamed Cormp posted:

liberals see weakness, cowardice and lack of convictions as a strength, because being decisive, strong and driven are "authoritarian" qualities

*in panzeh voice* trump supporters are neoliberal corporate shills. hth

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

I really have never understood how bragging about how weak and ineffectual you are is a good thing.

A lot of people would much rather believe that the guys they keep putting in power are well-meaning but frustrated by basic obstacles than that they're just plain evil, cause in the latter case they'd have to question their own motivations in backing them

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Nov 21, 2017

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/11/20/gillibrand-gun-control-laws/

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez posted:

*in panzeh voice* trump supporters are neoliberal corporate shills. hth

whoa so are hillary supporters!
those dudes should totally suck each others dicks.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.

really queer Christmas posted:

George Herbert Walker Bush was harsher on bankers in the S&L crisis than obama was in the Great Recession.

and the never mentioned Bush son Neil was involved directly in creating the S&L mess

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jose Mengelez posted:

whoa so are hillary supporters!
those dudes should totally suck each others dicks.

isn't that what this thread is for, is that not what we're all doing now

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

isn't that what this thread is for, is that not what we're all doing now

if you're a hillary/trump supporter I seriously urge you to carefully insert long glass rod into your peehole then deliver a might karate chop to your dick.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

really queer Christmas posted:

Why was this a surprise to anyone?

Obama was a politician from Chicago. You know, machine politics central?

The only way it would be more blatant that nothing would actually get done is if they put up a politician from Detroit or, God forbid, New Jersey.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Tallgeese posted:

or, God forbid, New Jersey.

hahah imagine a guido president with like orange spray tan and stupid loving hair

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Jose Mengelez posted:

hahah imagine a guido president with like orange spray tan and stupid loving hair

Not sure why you went straight to casual racism, but that's not what I was going for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
do i get to do my first racism probe?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jose posted:

If you have to question it, just do it.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

if you don't class italians as white, sure go for it.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
That just post smiley with just probe instead

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Jose Mengelez posted:

if you don't class italians as white, sure go for it.

So using a slur against a maligned minority is OK as long as you classify them as white? Really?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also, do Mark Zuckerberg horror stories count as loling at the dems?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

just include the gifs

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

EorayMel posted:

Well, he's either running in 2020 or 2024 with a D by his name, so probably!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are we seriously surprised someone whose name manages to be both a reference to a Nazi war criminal AND a problematic "joke" directed towards hispanics is turning out to be a racist?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Tallgeese posted:

Why was this a surprise to anyone?

Obama was a politician from Chicago. You know, machine politics central?

The only way it would be more blatant that nothing would actually get done is if they put up a politician from Detroit or, God forbid, New Jersey.

I'm coming as the pol from Detroit, gonna destroy all cars and Make Amtrak Great Again

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Creamed Cormp posted:

Are we seriously surprised someone whose name manages to be both a reference to a Nazi war criminal AND a problematic "joke" directed towards hispanics is turning out to be a racist?

nobody tell this guy that half of his posts get filed under a big green Holocaust joke

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I was just listening to the audio from a Canadian University where three faculty members held an inquisition of a TA because she showed her students a debate with some guy who is a bigot, I don't know, and it was really loving creepy. One of the worst things is how they wouldn't even tell her how many people had accused or reported her.

I'm a progressive person and general vote Dem ticket because I have a hard time trusting Republicans to handle anything, but holy poo poo this party is in so much trouble. Infighting and gender politics bullshit have completely crippled our ability to provide a message to people who are actually hurting. I'm pretty indifferent to gender politics and wish people could just move on past them. Let the trans people get called what they want and use the bathrooms. I don't give a gently caress it makes no difference to me.

Here in Seattle it's gonna cost me $293 to register my car, as well as another $300-400 repair for my wheel bearing and I'm living on welfare. But there's no real Dem support to actually get people like me into better training programs or networking connections so we can find well paying jobs suited to our skills. The simple fact is that Donald Trump, for all his idiocy, looked at a bunch of people who were suffering and said "I'm gonna make things better" while Clinton looked at people who were suffering and said "You're a bad person for not liking transexuals."

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

EorayMel posted:

I hereby endorse all mark zuckerberg horror stories

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

Let the trans people get called what they want and use the bathrooms. I don't give a gently caress it makes no difference to me.
The problem is that people won't do this, hence the need to argue for these rights.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's great that the one leftist thing to survive the 70s in the US is struggle sessions

FactsAreUseless posted:

The problem is that people won't do this, hence the need to argue for these rights.

you misunderstand, I don't care about this issue so long as nothing is going to actually change regarding it

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 21, 2017

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Lil Peeler posted:

Here in Seattle it's gonna cost me $293 to register my car, as well as another $300-400 repair for my wheel bearing and I'm living on welfare.

I repeat: Death to the Automobile

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

it's great that the one leftist thing to survive the 70s in the US is struggle sessions

come on now there's also weird sex stuff and pseudo-religious spiritual new-age garbage

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

struggle sessions
I'm not familiar with this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Creamed Cormp posted:

come on now there's also weird sex stuff and pseudo-religious spiritual new-age garbage
But what about on the left?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

But what about on the left?

http://ruralpeople.atspace.org/honoring_the_legacy_of_november_18th.htm

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not familiar with this.

it's like a maoist cuddle puddle

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

it's like a maoist cuddle puddle
The Great Leap Spoonward

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Creamed Cormp posted:

Tallgeese posted:

So using a slur against a maligned minority is OK as long as you classify them as white? Really?

heh typical liberal snowflakes calling anyone they disagree with nazis.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Pokémon go to the polls makes laugh still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Squallege posted:

Pokémon go to the polls makes laugh still

someone post the gif of her "reacting" to the balloons. that poo poo is the definition of uncanny valley.

• Locked thread