Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Remember during the 2016 primaries when the hot takes were all “lol are they actually gonna choose Trump, what a windfall for Hillary! Trump must be a secret Dem plant to wreck the GOP and smash any hopes they had of winning!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jose Mengelez posted:

someone post the gif of her "reacting" to the balloons. that poo poo is the definition of uncanny valley.
No, Mark Zuckerberg hasn't run yet.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
O’Malley would have won.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, Mark Zuckerberg hasn't run yet.

they were clearly fabricated in the same foxconn plant.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Entropic posted:

Remember during the 2016 primaries when the hot takes were all “lol are they actually gonna choose Trump, what a windfall for Hillary! Trump must be a secret Dem plant to wreck the GOP and smash any hopes they had of winning!”

Trump's a longtime Democrat who threw in with the Republican party after Clinton lost the 08 primary in much the same way as Bernie was an independent who went Democrat to run, the Podesta leaks detail that the Clinton campaign's plan literally was to set him up to wreck the GOP and clear her path, he just underestimated how truly bad a candidate Hillary was and miscalculated throwing the match

poor guy doesn't have the slightest idea what the gently caress to do with a Presidency he just wants to play golf and see himself on TV from time to time

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Nov 21, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jose Mengelez posted:

they were clearly fabricated in the same foxconn plant.
Calibrated Lexical Intelligent New Type Organism Nonorganic

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he was, hillary was just so bad he hosed up even throwing the match

Trump, 2 hours before the election: Don’t worry hildawg, I got this thing wrapped up in the bag for you. Should be a price of cake.

Trump: 4 minutes after the election: Hahahahabahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Jose Mengelez posted:

someone post the gif of her "reacting" to the balloons. that poo poo is the definition of uncanny valley.
It’s not fresh but I lol

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Squallege posted:

It’s not fresh but I lol

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/ovN2Ghi.gif :nws:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the Clinton campaign's plan literally was to set him up to wreck the GOP and clear her path

she nailed the first part lol.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm sure everyone has seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6gqwHR7M8

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

FactsAreUseless posted:

The problem is that people won't do this, hence the need to argue for these rights.

This wasn't an issue tho. Trans people have been using whatever bathrooms they've wanted to since the existence of separate bathrooms.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

LMFAO I'm 14 again.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dubplate Fire posted:

This wasn't an issue tho. Trans people have been using whatever bathrooms they've wanted to since the existence of separate bathrooms.

On that note, is it even illegal for a dude to go into a female bathroom and vise versa?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Over There posted:

On that note, is it even illegal for a dude to go into a female bathroom and vise versa?

Some states have been tryin to pass laws to that effect. Though they are pretty unenforceable and mostly just a way for religious right to look down their noses.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

new phone who dis posted:

LMFAO I'm 14 again.

stifling a confused boner?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jose Mengelez posted:

stifling a confused boner?

No, just a resurgence of dicksuck gifs being the funniest thing I saw today.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

new phone who dis posted:

No, just a resurgence of dicksuck gifs being the funniest thing I saw today.

it was a joke my maga friend, no need to get weirdly defensive.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Lil Peeler posted:

I was just listening to the audio from a Canadian University where three faculty members held an inquisition of a TA because she showed her students a debate with some guy who is a bigot, I don't know, and it was really loving creepy. One of the worst things is how they wouldn't even tell her how many people had accused or reported her.

I'm a progressive person and general vote Dem ticket because I have a hard time trusting Republicans to handle anything, but holy poo poo this party is in so much trouble. Infighting and gender politics bullshit have completely crippled our ability to provide a message to people who are actually hurting. I'm pretty indifferent to gender politics and wish people could just move on past them. Let the trans people get called what they want and use the bathrooms. I don't give a gently caress it makes no difference to me.

Here in Seattle it's gonna cost me $293 to register my car, as well as another $300-400 repair for my wheel bearing and I'm living on welfare. But there's no real Dem support to actually get people like me into better training programs or networking connections so we can find well paying jobs suited to our skills. The simple fact is that Donald Trump, for all his idiocy, looked at a bunch of people who were suffering and said "I'm gonna make things better" while Clinton looked at people who were suffering and said "You're a bad person for not liking transexuals."
the democratic party has mostly the same wealthy donors as the republicans. the democrats are going to support their donors' policies. since the donor policies are at exact odds with what voters want, the democrats or republicans can't run on the donor policies. the political parties get votes through campaigning on policies the donors don't care about like guns or gay rights or identity politics. this is why whenever politicians campaign they use vague bullshit platitudes that don't mean anything instead of outlining concrete economic policies.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

my boner isn't confused

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

World War Mammories posted:

my boner isn't confused

Sometimes drunk and lost, but never confused.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

the democratic party has mostly the same wealthy donors as the republicans. the democrats are going to support their donors' policies. since the donor policies are at exact odds with what voters want, the democrats or republicans can't run on the donor policies. the political parties get votes through campaigning on policies the donors don't care about like guns or gay rights or identity politics. this is why whenever politicians campaign they use vague bullshit platitudes that don't mean anything instead of outlining concrete economic policies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_football

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

embrace democrat doom they did this to themselves laugh at their misery and tears once they have turned on each other like the mad dogs they are we will feast on the fetid remains

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Entropic posted:

O’Malley would have won.

more specifically, Mike O'Malley from Nickelodeon's Guts.

Take it away, Moe.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiberius Christ posted:

embrace democrat doom they did this to themselves laugh at their misery and tears once they have turned on each other like the mad dogs they are we will feast on the fetid remains

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

ruddiger posted:

more specifically, Mike O'Malley from Nickelodeon's Guts.

Take it away, Moe.

It's "Lets go to Moe. Moe!"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I really just wish that Bernie had won. He's not even that far left. He's basically just a FDR style democrat minus a preference for white people. That's near to communism in the eyes of the right wing but nobody should be loving paying attentionbto them. Betnie Sanders should represent a moderate and centrist opinion since he more or less promotes welfare capitalism which is hardly pinko commie poo poo unless you're a deluded moron.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'll punish anyone who has a bad word to say about Bernie itt

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

popewiles posted:

It's "Lets go to Moe. Moe!"

"Hillary Clinton clocked in last with 0 votes"

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Jose posted:

He was the hero we needed, but not the hero we deserved

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

basic hitler posted:

I really just wish that Bernie had won. He's not even that far left. He's basically just a FDR style democrat minus a preference for white people. That's near to communism in the eyes of the right wing but nobody should be loving paying attentionbto them. Betnie Sanders should represent a moderate and centrist opinion since he more or less promotes welfare capitalism which is hardly pinko commie poo poo unless you're a deluded moron.
the democratic party rigged the primaries against bernie lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bernard Sanders would have won:
-The general election, had he been the democratic candidate.
-The democratic primaries, if they were held impartially, with open primaries and day-of voter registration.

the democratic party rigged the primaries against bernie lol

They admitted this in open court. This is canon. Any Hillistine who tells you it isn't true is trying to gaslight you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dubplate Fire posted:

Yes, but then Republicans realized trans people exist.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

They admitted this in open court. This is canon. Any Hillistine who tells you it isn't true is trying to gaslight you.
they argued that they have no obligation to run a fair primary and that their own dnc charter is not legally binding. they didn't admit that they rigged it.

of course, this is still really bad.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

basic hitler posted:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Obama didn't prosecute wells fargo for the recent mass account fraud scandal. Obama stopped prosecution of any major financial or real estate institutions for mass fraud that caused the 2008 economic crisis. Obama didn't prosecute anyone for the robo fraud foreclosure scandal following the crisis. Obama gifted the major financial institutions with almost a trillion in unaccountable TARP bailouts and 4.5 trillion in quantitative easing. Obama carried water for these institutions after they gave themselves huge bonuses after getting bailed out. Obama did not nationalize the fraudulent failing banks and hedge funds that were bailed out (this had been done before in previous crisis). Obama ensured that protections for homeowners in the original tarp bill was removed. Obama made sure that the banks could foreclose on over 5 million american families. Obama made sure to implement austerity, a policy favored by banks. Obama in effect enacted policies that allowed fraudulent irresponsible lenders to be made whole on their bad loans and they also got the collateral on top of it. Obama's terrible policies were a large part of trump's win.

Thanks Obama.

I was going to write a big long post expanding on this because I feel like I could write a book on the crimes and shady poo poo that went down during the financial crisis, but I'll just sum it up with my favorite part:

Not a single wall st. executive went to jail or even to trial. And you had things like when Lehman was about to go under and the entire loving staff there was staying up all night shredding documents and walking out the next morning with trash bags full of shredded evidence. Nothing to see here folks!

lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

they argued that they have no obligation to run a fair primary and that their own dnc charter is not legally binding. they didn't admit that they rigged it.

of course, this is still really bad.

They used the lack of obligation to run anything fair as an actual in court legal defense against Bernie's lawsuit alleging they rigged it.

So I mean you can argue they didn't put it on a neon billboard but yeah, they said it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Fortunately she lost so we get 2 threads to laugh about stupid poo poo

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

basic hitler posted:

imagine taking this completely reasonable statement and then adding "and that's why i voted for trump" to the end. then slap a silent majority av on it and you got yourself a recipe for pure distilled smoothbrains.

then have a good deep lol at the fact hillary clinton conspired to make this magical outcome possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jose posted:

long live the idiot king

• Locked thread