Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

FisheyStix posted:

what if it were possible to shut the gently caress up itt because the dems are bad lol

U go first biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Dems? more like Dums lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

U go first biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

The idiot king doing good work.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Have Blue posted:

Dems? more like Dums lol

:drat: :wow:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

comedyblissoption posted:

Obama didn't prosecute wells fargo for the recent mass account fraud scandal. Obama stopped prosecution of any major financial or real estate institutions for mass fraud that caused the 2008 economic crisis. Obama didn't prosecute anyone for the robo fraud foreclosure scandal following the crisis. Obama gifted the major financial institutions with almost a trillion in unaccountable TARP bailouts and 4.5 trillion in quantitative easing. Obama carried water for these institutions after they gave themselves huge bonuses after getting bailed out. Obama did not nationalize the fraudulent failing banks and hedge funds that were bailed out (this had been done before in previous crisis). Obama ensured that protections for homeowners in the original tarp bill was removed. Obama made sure that the banks could foreclose on over 5 million american families. Obama made sure to implement austerity, a policy favored by banks. Obama in effect enacted policies that allowed fraudulent irresponsible lenders to be made whole on their bad loans and they also got the collateral on top of it. Obama's terrible policies were a large part of trump's win.

Thanks Obama.

i like how palpably unaware you are of all of this, and how unprepared you are to defend it

lol indeed

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

really queer Christmas posted:

The idiot king doing good work.

Ahh, like a refreshing glass of lemonade on a hot summer day

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Homestar Runner posted:

i like how palpably unaware you are of all of this, and how unprepared you are to defend it

lol indeed

Put 'im to death right along with every other person who ever gained power and didn't tear the world down with it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

basic hitler posted:

Lol the dems are a joke

truth

EorayMel posted:

Did anybody like the Mark Zuckerberg effort horror story I posted back on page 2 I like it :unsmith:

I did and I thout it was ripped off of some other thing with zuk spliced in, but it might have been orig?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Have they uncovered the fact that Bernie is a rapist yet?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jose Mengelez posted:

whoa so are hillary supporters!
those dudes should totally suck each others dicks.

I'm sure that's happened a time or two in a DC airport bathroom.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Looke posted:

get got mf

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

they argued that they have no obligation to run a fair primary and that their own dnc charter is not legally binding. they didn't admit that they rigged it.

of course, this is still really bad.

That's like when someone did something bad and you are calling them on it and they go "look I didn't do that but IF I did would it really have been such a bad thing?" and everyone in the room knows they did that poo poo.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Looke posted:

And a turd

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Looke posted:

Rekt

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pawn 17 posted:

I was going to write a big long post expanding on this because I feel like I could write a book on the crimes and shady poo poo that went down during the financial crisis, but I'll just sum it up with my favorite part:

Not a single wall st. executive went to jail or even to trial. And you had things like when Lehman was about to go under and the entire loving staff there was staying up all night shredding documents and walking out the next morning with trash bags full of shredded evidence. Nothing to see here folks!

lol

I think one (1) person went to prison? For like a year???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Looke posted:

Only a matter of time imo

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Bernie would have won.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

I'll punish anyone who has a bad word to say about Bernie itt

He did the worst thing anyone could do in this awful timeline; he gave us hope

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Homestar Runner posted:

lol indeed

If you say so. It’s more like I’m not going to write a 12 page essay to refute any of it especially since the common response from the Chuds was “well I guess I’ll vote for Trump who’d do the same poo poo but worse.” Obama absolutely did some lovely poo poo but to pretend everything on that list is Obama being a corporate shill is bullshit. None of that poo poo is as black and white as presented.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

scrubs season six posted:

If you say so. It’s more like I’m not going to write a 12 page essay to refute any of it especially since the common response from the Chuds was “well I guess I’ll vote for Trump who’d do the same poo poo but worse.” Obama absolutely did some lovely poo poo but to pretend everything on that list is Obama being a corporate shill is bullshit. None of that poo poo is as black and white as presented.

The only thing black and white about CHUDs is how they want the offense of miscegnation to be dealt with

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

a 12 page essay sure sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics!

Obama is a gold-standard corporate shill hth

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey if you hate the GOP the Dems aren't the only other possibility and the inability of many bourgeois Dems to see that is

:discourse:

And whether that particular list is fully true or not is pretty immaterial because to argue that the Dems aren't corporate shills is also

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Anyone who feels inclined to defend the Dems really should read Listen, Liberal so they can see how terrible the party has become.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Homestar Runner posted:

a 12 page essay sure sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics!

Obama is a gold-standard corporate shill hth

"Obama is good!! Obama is Good!!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a neoliberal

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

COMRADES posted:

Hey if you hate the GOP the Dems aren't the only other possibility and the inability of many bourgeois Dems to see that is

Does that include Bernie? :smugbert:

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

Creamed Cormp posted:

"Obama is good!! Obama is Good!!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a neoliberal

but didn't you see that cool rear end poster he had?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

2016 was a watershed year, when internet users decided that their jargon was all-encompassing, they were all-knowing, and solipsism really kicked in.

People are still riding this high of self-assured superiority to this day.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A coworker the other day kept going on and on about Obama's "poise" and the "bearing he brought to the office". That's the only good thing he could say.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb posted:

Does that include Bernie? :smugbert:
Yes.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

COMRADES posted:

And whether that particular list is fully true or not is pretty immaterial because to argue that the Dems aren't corporate shills is also

he might be off the hook on that one because "lol" and "...but but I could totally write an essay! really I could!" aren't actual arguments

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'll cut Obama a little slack in not going after the banks seeing as they have more money than God and would have dragged the justice dept into the next century in the courts with all their lawyering and nationalization was probably not really a politically feasible option. But yeah on the rest of that wall or words. The rich got richer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Homestar Runner posted:

he might be off the hook on that one because "lol" and "...but but I could totally write an essay! really I could!" aren't actual arguments

Something that also isn’t an argument: making thirty statements as fact with zero support for them.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Identity politics have basically killed the Left for me. Gay marriage was a big win, and it was done the right way by winning people over with the idea that Gay people are just like anyone else.

The way IDPOL Tankies are handling trans issues is a non-starter. Maybe FtM and MtF would slowly gain traction because some people are fairly receptive to the narrative that trans people are trapped in the wrong bodies, but chaining the future of the political left to the majority of people going along with gender-fluidity and made-up pronouns was an act of staggering hubris.

Just like Her Turn this Right Side of History poo poo is bad politics.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Frosted Flake posted:

Identity politics have basically killed the Left for me. Gay marriage was a big win, and it was done the right way by winning people over with the idea that Gay people are just like anyone else.

The way IDPOL Tankies are handling trans issues is a non-starter. Maybe FtM and MtF would slowly gain traction because some people are fairly receptive to the narrative that trans people are trapped in the wrong bodies, but chaining the future of the political left to the majority of people going along with gender-fluidity and made-up pronouns was an act of staggering hubris.

Solipsism is a beautiful thing.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Obama was an attractive continuation of business as usual since Reagan and while he did make some admirable strides on social issues (mostly LGBT), he also deported record numbers of illegal immigrants and continued our erosion of civil liberties. He also failed to adequately address the root cause of US social and economic woes (extreme economic inequality, predatory financial practices, and the outsize influence of money in politics). His foreign policy was neocon-ish and bad, tying us even more to a middle-eastern forever war.

Otoh a whole lot of people who hated, hated Obama didn't do so for any of those perfectly cogent reasons lol

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Frosted Flake posted:

who gives a gently caress gently caress who you wanna gently caress as long as they're a consenting adult. "they" is also a perfectly acceptable neutral pronoun and you can't really go wrong with it.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

poorlifedecision posted:

I'll cut Obama a little slack in not going after the banks seeing as they have more money than God and would have dragged the justice dept into the next century in the courts with all their lawyering and nationalization was probably not really a politically feasible option. But yeah on the rest of that wall or words. The rich got richer.

Obama established it's perfectly A-OK to use drone strikes to knowingly kill American citizens. What's good for the 16 year old fuckhead in the desert is good for the 66 year old fuckhead on Wall Street. It has to be, or we're not actually a republic at all.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Something that also isn’t an argument: making thirty statements as fact with zero support for them.

oh ok

Obama didn't prosecute wells fargo for the recent mass account fraud scandal.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-zuesse/why-wont-obama-go-after_b_4661086.html

Obama stopped prosecution of any major financial or real estate institutions for mass fraud that caused the 2008 economic crisis /
Obama didn't prosecute anyone for the robo fraud foreclosure scandal following the crisis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/business/14prosecute.html

Obama gifted the major financial institutions with almost a trillion in unaccountable TARP bailouts and 4.5 trillion in quantitative easing / Obama carried water for these institutions after they gave themselves huge bonuses after getting bailed out.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/12/real-size-bailout-treasury-fed/

Obama did not nationalize the fraudulent failing banks and hedge funds that were bailed out (this had been done before in previous crisis).

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=6925601&page=1

Obama ensured that protections for homeowners in the original tarp bill was removed / Obama made sure that the banks could foreclose on over 5 million american families / Obama made sure to implement austerity, a policy favored by banks / Obama in effect enacted policies that allowed fraudulent irresponsible lenders to be made whole on their bad loans and they also got the collateral on top of it

^^I actually think that there's a bit more nuance to this one, but even so, this measure was a quintessential Obama epic fail and the banks did whatever the gently caress they liked^^
https://www.thebalance.com/tarp-bailout-program-3305895
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-obama-foreclosure-20161230-story.html

Obama's terrible policies were a large part of trump's win.

Thanks Obama.

rekt

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Have Blue posted:

he did make some admirable strides on social issues (mostly LGBT)

These strides were made with him around, he didn't make them himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Have Blue posted:

who gives a gently caress gently caress who you wanna gently caress as long as they're a consenting adult. "they" is also a perfectly acceptable neutral pronoun and you can't really go wrong with it.

:shrug:

I’m a left-leaning dude, but even the concept of genderfluidity is a tough sell for most people still and tying your political future to it is more performative than helpful. The majority of voters went for a guy who promised to build a wall to keep out rapist Mexicans. You go explain to them why they’re a bigot for not calling that “queer girl with short hair” They, or God-forbid, Xe and see if that gets winning numbers in 2020.

• Locked thread