Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm honestly considering trading in my PS4 Slim for a Pro now that I'm playing console games again and also have a 4K TV

god help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I'm honestly considering trading in my PS4 Slim for a Pro now that I'm playing console games again and also have a 4K TV

god help me

I was thinking of selling my PS4 for an Xbox One so I could play OG Xbox games at 4K60

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oops... I mean virtual pokeballs!! please don't put pokemon inside of pokemon

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The FBI are wiretapping a bunch of panicked phone calls from "game designers" in places like the Bahamas and are triangulating on Gabe Newell's cave base of operations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

New Concept Hole posted:

EA's going to get beat up in the parking lot by all the other Devs for ruining it for everyone

EA and Disney's Star Wars Deal in 2013:

"Today, The Walt Disney Company has announced that they have chosen EA to create new Star Wars experiences for gamers worldwide.

The magic of Star Wars is interwoven into the worlds, characters, planets and amazing battles. It is a universe that lends itself perfectly to gaming. Our agreement unlocks a whole new future of Star Wars games that will span consoles, PCs, tablets, mobile and more.

EA and Disney's Star Wars Deal in 2017:

"We didn't allow Joe Camel to encourage your kids to smoke cigarettes, and we shouldn't allow Star Wars to encourage your kids to gamble."

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

There is someone at Disney putting a hit out on the person who thought posting to reddit was a good idea

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The best instance of EA "Not really thinking this through" will always be when they announced they were making a Marvel fighting game and were advertising it like it was a VS title even though it...wasn't. And by that I mean this was before EA had character driven IP like Mass Effect and Dead Space under their belt so they had to create rando OCs for the Marvel characters to fight against.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I beat Sonic Mania, and then spent around 30 minutes trying get the 4th or 5th emerald via Green Hill Act 1. I have consequently decided to not play Sonic Mania anymore.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't think I've liked a single Sonic emerald minigame.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I was thinking of selling my PS4 for an Xbox One so I could play OG Xbox games at 4K60

4k60 jet set radio future. Oh baby.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

4k60 jet set radio future. Oh baby.

I fully expect to play a new jet set radio game right after the release of MegaMan legends 3.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

They're one of the founding members of the EU, and they stole land from the forefathers of Luxembourg. Bring our country back and restore our borders!

i love missions that give claims

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nate RFB posted:

I beat Sonic Mania, and then spent around 30 minutes trying get the 4th or 5th emerald via Green Hill Act 1. I have consequently decided to not play Sonic Mania anymore.

The 5th one is a pain in the rear end. It's like they knew because the 6th and 7th one are victory laps.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Would all this legislation mean that even "Play-gambling for Fun" with fake currency you can't acquire with real money will be banned?

At least that would mean there would be no point in anyone asking for the Game Corner to return in the next Pokemon. They'd be legally required to not put one in.

No because that's not using real money. It's already legal to buy a copy of Computer Poker or whatever, or even a fake slot machine, but there's regulations on gambling once paying per play is involved.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah I'm sure the Trump administration is going to put a stop to a predatory business practice, just after they pass universal health care

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Night in the Woods owns. It's a walkin' around game but has just enough variety to the gameplay to keep things interesting.

But really what's great is the writing. Your friends and family are all so well fleshed out, and have their good days and bad days. You might reach out to your super hyper/happy friend one day over IM only for him to say "yeah i'm feeling kind of sad today."

It's kind of hard to describe, but I highly recommend it to anyone looking to finish up their 2017 Good Game list.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really want to play nitw and the new Wolfenstein before the end of the year, so I hope they're on sale for the steam sale.

I assume I can find Wolfenstein for $20 at this point, it's been about the same amount of time as when I picked up doom for that price from best buy or w/e.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wolfenstein II is 30 bucks on PSN right now I believe and I think physical copies are going for 15 - 20 at retailers for Black Friday sales

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Night in the Woods and Pyre are both games that I want to get to for end-of-year conversations but I'm also thinking they would be Perfect for the Switch and kind of want to wait

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Night in the Woods and Pyre are both games that I want to get to for end-of-year conversations but I'm also thinking they would be Perfect for the Switch and kind of want to wait

You're in luck, there's an expanded edition of Night in the Woods coming out next month and it's all but confirmed now it'll be getting a Switch port.

Trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSFjcJ1K1I

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 22, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Larryb posted:

You're in luck, there's an expanded edition of Night in the Woods coming out next month and it's all but confirmed now it'll be getting a Switch port.

Trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSFjcJ1K1I

There will never be a crossover with Animal Crossing though.

And that is a cryin' shame.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In HZD should I be stealth killing everything I can or going loud to shoot off components or what

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Technically you can cheese entire fights, especially against human enemies, by hiding in the bushes and whistling while accumulating a pile of bodies.

But if you have not blown up a T-Rex with its own artillery cannon that you shot off, you are not a Robot Hunter

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

In HZD should I be stealth killing everything I can or going loud to shoot off components or what

Either option will work. What I often did before a big fight was trap the area with the bolt thrower, then go loud shooting off components and using my traps to recover ground.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pyre could be better on a portable because it's a bunch of bite sized chunks of gameplay and narrative but I can see no way that NitW would be improved by the Switch at all.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Technically you can cheese entire fights, especially against human enemies, by hiding in the bushes and whistling while accumulating a pile of bodies.

But if you have not blown up a T-Rex with its own artillery cannon that you shot off, you are not a Robot Hunter

Loading up on sonic arrows to quickly blast poo poo off like that basically revitalized combat for me when I first started getting tired of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Pyre could be better on a portable because it's a bunch of bite sized chunks of gameplay and narrative but I can see no way that NitW would be improved by the Switch at all.

It's more like over the holidays my only game system would be the Switch whereas while I have access to other platforms I might as well spend my time playing Yakuza, Uncharted, Tacoma, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Not only will this kill the FIFA Ultimate Team industry, it's also going to kill the "Making YouTube Videos of Unboxing FIFA Ultimate Team Packs" industry.

And the best part is ea is royal hosed cause they dont have the studio knowhow to make good regular games anymore

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I regret to inform you that Waluigi has burned to death.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

zoinks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

gently caress yeah, Belgium

Not empty quoting

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Am I a madman for really really disliking the tripcaster

I’m not a trapper sort of person, I kinda wonder what load out suits me

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
It's funny how Battlefront 2 went from hooking me with "Oh cool I can play as an imperial that watched the second death star get destroyed" to "I will never play this game." In record time.

Just give me cool Star Wars stories without awful business practices. Seems like a slam dunk philosophy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still can't believe that they wasted that interesting idea and had the main character immediately join the rebellion after lying about that definitely not happening for a year or so.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

looks like ol' wario and waluigi failed the dorm marm's cooking entrance exam again. how're them wa boys gonna get outta this jam?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know if this house is going to be, like, good to live in at all, but here goes nothing

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Am I a madman for really really disliking the tripcaster

I’m not a trapper sort of person, I kinda wonder what load out suits me

I didn't like the tripcaster either and only used it for the challenges or as a gimmick to try and gently caress with bandits. It always felt like just shooting the enemies worked better. I don't think I used any of the traps either, they were good for selling though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bentacos posted:

It's funny how Battlefront 2 went from hooking me with "Oh cool I can play as an imperial that watched the second death star get destroyed" to "I will never play this game." In record time.

Just give me cool Star Wars stories without awful business practices. Seems like a slam dunk philosophy.

Watching the Quick Look of BF2 was impressive because the F2P bullshit was FAR worse than the prerelease bitching had led me to believe. Like I thought it was just people bitching because it took awhile to unlock characters (which is a legit gripe), but no it's like layers of currencies, most of which just exist to later get the currencies you actually want combined with having to level up cards by getting more of the same card and just so much stuff you could get that was even more useless.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I think EA is in a hosed situation. They're given an exclusivity deal to a massive franchise now owned by Disney who, let's face it, aren't exactly risk takers. To get that deal, I'm sure they had to agree to a massive number of conditions. Not the least of which were "don't do anything risky story wise to our golden goose that is gonna bring us marvel bucks" and "ensure that you are making ungodly amounts of bank with each game."

Not saying it excuses EA, but it's got to be a losing deal no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I think EA is in a hosed situation. They're given an exclusivity deal to a massive franchise now owned by Disney who, let's face it, aren't exactly risk takers. To get that deal, I'm sure they had to agree to a massive number of conditions. Not the least of which were "don't do anything risky story wise to our golden goose that is gonna bring us marvel bucks" and "ensure that you are making ungodly amounts of bank with each game."

Not saying it excuses EA, but it's got to be a losing deal no matter what.

A losing deal that has probably made ea hundreds of millions

• Locked thread