Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
What’s with the small, literal waist coat? That thing is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
FFXII definitely seemed to suffer from the issue of the character designer/artist not knowing a thing about the characters when they made those renders. They're totally out of character (with Ashe being the biggest offender).

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nooj is still in first place for most hideous design in FF.

Ashe would be a million times better if someone just gave her some pants. Same as when someone gave Vaan a shirt.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ashe's outfit in XII is the only one that really bugs me, because yeah it doesn't suit her at all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's some designs I like though. Like this guy is great. He looks like he's about to tell me how many yachts his dad owns.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Saint Freak posted:

There's some designs I like though. Like this guy is great. He looks like he's about to tell me how many yachts his dad owns.

Hey ardyn, looking good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Hey ardyn, looking good

This guy's already 5 paragraphs into telling me about his Magic the Gathering Mono Blue Control Deck, but he's going to have to stop soon because we're coming within 1000 feet of a school.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Harsh, but fair. Ardyn is the kind of guy you wouldn't want around...anybody. Affable, but disturbing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saint Freak posted:

and that basically literally is his character except he owns the yachts

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Saint Freak posted:

This guy's already 5 paragraphs into telling me about his Magic the Gathering Mono Blue Control Deck, but he's going to have to stop soon because we're coming within 1000 feet of a school.

Ardyn's role is literally being an evil hobo who should never be trusted around anyone under 30 so it checks out.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The fact that there was never a sequence where Ardyn was constantly harassed by people looking for hosed up trailer park weed is the greatest sign that the world of FF15 is a very different one from our own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The GIG posted:

The fact that there was never a sequence where Ardyn was constantly harassed by people looking for hosed up trailer park weed is the greatest sign that the world of FF15 is a very different one from our own.

I assume that is because Ardyn is pretty liberal with his distribution of trailer park weed.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

The auto-photo mode is, once again, the best part of FFXV and Comrades.

(please click for very big)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's on my Christmas list!
I was joking, don't play it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ashe's character art makes her look more like a j pop idol analogue princess rather than a vengeful queen that will make thEM PAY THEY WILL ALL PAY

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's also not Ashe's character motivation tbh tho fam

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Gologle posted:

That's also not Ashe's character motivation tbh tho fam

Didn't get very far into xii tbh
It's like the very poor man's xenoblade

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was joking, don't play it.

You can't stop me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It doesn't even really answer any of those questions you had in the first place

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Arist posted:

It doesn't even really answer any of those questions you had in the first place

I don't care.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You get to see Balthier justifiably punched in the face which is the high point of the game.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Not trying to defend Ashe's design because the miniskirt is dumb, but I feel it's important to mention that ALL of Dalmascan fashion was extremely questionable.

The king was wearing hip swimwear and a tiara ffs

Not to mention that Rasler's full-plate had huge gaps in the arms and throat, and Reks' (and the other Dalmascan soldiers') combat armor was a tube top and thigh-pads.

Ashe is actually perfectly in-line with this.

e: not everyone can be as fashionable as Archadia~

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Balthier wears water shoes and Basch has that odd midriff-bearing thing with an oven mitt stuck on his chest for some reason.

Penelo's would almost be sensible except that she lives in a desert.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
has the season pass ever gone on sale

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
All this awful FF fashion talk and no Caius? Shameful.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont really mind caius' outfit. it's just...the sword...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Calaveron posted:

Didn't get very far into xii tbh
It's like the very poor man's xenoblade
she has a literal character arc about that

it contrasts her with Vaan because they both hate the Empire for personal reasons and then he gets over it which helps teach her to get over it and not commit genocide

not going to spoiler more details than that because you don't care

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

she has a literal character arc about that

it contrasts her with Vaan because they both hate the Empire for personal reasons and then he gets over it which helps teach her to get over it and not commit genocide

not going to spoiler more details than that because you don't care

No I mean yeah she learns how to temper her anger but she starts as I described her

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lulu's dress is a cool couture gown. It's fabulous.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So the FFXII remaster is cool and good. I slid off of it when it initially came out, but I played it today for the first time in a long time and found myself really enjoying it. Wife digs it too
because it’s basically FFXIV as a single player MMO and XIV is her first FF game.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How much of the FFXV DLC alters the 'main' game as opposed to being disconnected from it? I finished the storyline and did a few hunts when I had the game last (really enjoyed it, even with the obvious problems it had I thought it was a great game) but it sounds like they've added just a poo poo-ton of stuff since then and I'm wondering if it's worth playing through from the beginning.

Like I hear the online multiplayer mode besides being Actually Good basically has a story that fills in the huge massive gap people complained about? That sounds baller as gently caress.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The DLC is basically filling in those huge gaps between stories (like Glady and Prompto).

The main gameplay reason to play again is that you have a sweet off-ramp monster truck that lets you saints row it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm 100% certain I would gently caress up and ramp the monster truck into the nearest ocean.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just call it an advanced fishing technique.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pierson posted:

I'm 100% certain I would gently caress up and ramp the monster truck into the nearest ocean.
I would say that's intended but last I played the load times were prohibitive if you are the sort who accidentally or impulsively drives off a cliff and takes a selfie while falling into nothingness.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ashe is hot so all is forgiven

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

WaltherFeng posted:

Ashe is hot so all is forgiven

I mean that's why we haven't mentioned Fran right?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
VII gets a lot of love in every other area, but I’ve always really liked how the fashion design in the original game harkened to a cyber-40s or 50s aesthetic. The turtlenecks, the leather jackets, some of the hairstyles (not Cloud), boots. It’s like West Side Story invaded Blade Runner.

I’m sad they kinda ignored those retro influences in the expanded universe games and media.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Not to mention that Rasler's full-plate had huge gaps in the arms and throat

I will never know if SE was self aware about this, because the first thing that happens to him is getting an arrow on the throat. In the opening cutscene!

But then no one in Rabanastre realizes their soldiers died for their own stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Between Princess Hotpants and the Street Walker Battalion, not enough people give guff to xii's sense of fashion versus any other FF game