Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
They install a phone monitoring app and sometimes the checks are to make sure the app is still on your phone and no VPN software is on your phone. They may not be strict about it with a random neckbeardy goon though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Bloodnose posted:

They install a phone monitoring app and sometimes the checks are to make sure the app is still on your phone and no VPN software is on your phone. They may not be strict about it with a random neckbeardy goon though

I've heard they'll also check for other banned apps - WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. They might know more secure apps like Signal too?

I've also heard that foreigners are normally sent to different lines or not given too much trouble, but yeah if you grow your beard out a bit, wear the wrong kind of clothes or just look like a Uyghur it won't be fun for you.

FWIW I went to Urumqi this past December and had no issues, but I was also in a group of Chinese the entire time with a powerful local government officer. Even then, we still had to go through checkpoints and let them inspect the vehicle on a regular basis. The local Chinese we stayed with were also super racist against Uyghurs which really made my blood boil.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hi guys, My wife's old coworker's international school in Hangzhou is hiring. Apparently, it's a fancier international school for rich parents associated with some property development corporation. I asked a few usual questions.

They prefer people with some experience in China but do provide some sort of training for someone fresh off the boat.

Cutting and pasting:

职责描述:
Main Responsibilities:
1. Deliver high quality Phonics, literature and writing classes to students.
2. Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
3. Keep up to date on Academic administration, including issuing and explaining homework assignments, tracking student progress and writing student progress reports.
4. Assist in marketing activities and promotions.
任职资格:
Minimum Requirements:
1. Native English speakers only
2. Bachelor's degree or above
3. Teaching qualifications preferred(Tesol/TEFL/CELTA)
4. 2+ years teaching experience in reading/writing (preferably with young learners)
薪资范围:
Package & Benefits
1. Competitive monthly salary (15,000-20,000 negotiable according to qualifications, experience and position).
2. Work visa provided
3. Annual bonus up to 1month salary based on performance
4. 10 days paid annual leave + statutory holidays
5. Top level global medical insurance
6. Annual flight allowance
7. Monthly rental allowance

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

caberham posted:

Hi guys, My wife's old coworker's international school in Hangzhou is hiring. Apparently, it's a fancier international school for rich parents associated with some property development corporation. I asked a few usual questions.

They prefer people with some experience in China but do provide some sort of training for someone fresh off the boat.

Cutting and pasting:

职责描述:
Main Responsibilities:
1. Deliver high quality Phonics, literature and writing classes to students.
2. Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
3. Keep up to date on Academic administration, including issuing and explaining homework assignments, tracking student progress and writing student progress reports.
4. Assist in marketing activities and promotions.
任职资格:
Minimum Requirements:
1. Native English speakers only
2. Bachelor's degree or above
3. Teaching qualifications preferred(Tesol/TEFL/CELTA)
4. 2+ years teaching experience in reading/writing (preferably with young learners)
薪资范围:
Package & Benefits
1. Competitive monthly salary (15,000-20,000 negotiable according to qualifications, experience and position).
2. Work visa provided
3. Annual bonus up to 1month salary based on performance
4. 10 days paid annual leave + statutory holidays
5. Top level global medical insurance
6. Annual flight allowance
7. Monthly rental allowance

Didn’t read lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

fart simpson posted:

Didn’t read lol

quit your job

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

Didn’t read lol

lol this

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
take that job then quit.

Mongmonghi
Mar 1, 2006

LMBO LOOK AT DAT FUKKEN METEOR
Yo guys I got the express vpn but sometimes its really hosed up the speeds I get, anyone knows any reliable alternatives or all vpns are poo poo and it has to do with being lucky and being on at the right time of the day?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Mongmonghi posted:

all vpns are poo poo

This has always been the case to an extent but is more so lately.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Mongmonghi posted:

Yo guys I got the express vpn but sometimes its really hosed up the speeds I get, anyone knows any reliable alternatives or all vpns are poo poo and it has to do with being lucky and being on at the right time of the day?

Astrill worked really well for me in China, with Express as a backup. The latter was more reliable, but a bit slower. Dunno if that helps you, but that's what I know.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I just got done with my 90 day sentence and express worked pretty good but I'd sometimes need to change severs around.

I used a lot of the SARs nearby and those usually worked better than American servers, hth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What the hell is Shen Yun and why does my wife get pissed every time she sees a poster for it?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Warbird posted:

What the hell is Shen Yun and why does my wife get pissed every time she sees a poster for it?

Falun Gong dance group. Your wife's drinking PRC propaganda kool-aid, congrats.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

She always explained it as some religious thing, but that's pretty much the same for anything she doesn't like. She's typically very apolitical.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

well falun gong is a religious cult so she's not wrong

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Cults = bad and persecution = bad

Apparently this is difficult for some people to grasp

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Anyone ever done any tea sourcing? Friend of mine owns a local tea shop and he wants wants to hire me on to go tea sourcing in Yunnan and maybe Fuding. I'm keen, but other than knowing a bit about tea I have no idea what I'm doing, but that makes two of us.

kenner116
May 15, 2009
Yunnan is the best province and is cool and good. You should go.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Fromage posted:

Falun Gong dance group. Your wife's drinking PRC propaganda kool-aid, congrats.

I saw that advertised on a billboard in LA and Orlando and I assumed it was some soft power, mediocre Chinese acrobat thing.

Good for them. They're kind of Chinese Scientology but it's nice to see dissidents trolling China at that level.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Personally, my source of tea is the local supermarket. They've got shelves of the stuff!

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Personally, my source of tea is the local supermarket. They've got shelves of the stuff!

I only drink that poo poo that's picked by virgins with big tits who don't touch it with their hands

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Are they still doing that? It sounded very illegal

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

ladron posted:

I only drink that poo poo that's picked by virgins with big tits who don't touch it with their hands

I'll be happy to send you some next time I head out to the tea fields to pick some leaves, pal.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ladron posted:

dont doxx jeoh

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Japan also has very good tea that's grown with clean water, soil and air.
My local tea village is Shingu, Shikokuchuo, Ehime.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

peanut posted:

Japan also has very good tea that's grown with clean water, soil and air.
My local tea village is Shingu, Shikokuchuo, Ehime.

A Japanese tea sourcing trip does sound cool as hell but I've never really gotten on with Japanese tea, which has always just tasted of fish and grass to me, even when I'm drinking what's supposedly relatively good matcha.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol that sounds bad

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Chinese tea is actually better than Japanese tea

don't tell my wife I said that

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
But Chinese tea is contaminated, or so I thought?

I do agree that it tastes much better. I like matcha, but I think it's something you have to develop a taste for.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
you can pry my pu-erh cakes from my cold dead hands

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

The Great Autismo! posted:

Chinese tea is actually better than Japanese tea

don't tell my wife I said that

Problem is Japan has just a few types of tea really. Maybe some tea nerd will come lecture me on the subtle differences or of a bunch of obscure varieties, but you can really only get, what, green tea, mugicha, genmaicha, then it becomes Chinese or Western teas.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lipton + Ice + sugar

Fight me

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Lipton + Ice + sugar

Fight me

More like pity you

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Whoops, meant to add a lemon in there as well. Can't be drinking my leaf water without one.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Lemon tea in Singapore quite owns.

Also lime juice

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I have a friend who traveled around China sourcing tea for import a number of years ago. According to him you can get some "safe" teas in China without all the health risks, but mainly from places like rural Yunnan which are way less polluted overall. He also said p much the best black teas came from Yunnan anyway so it was all good.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Warbird posted:

Lipton + Ice + sugar

Fight me

you don't need the sugar if you just use that instant powder :smug:

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
I tried to see if they're still making the titty tea but the only hits I could find in Chinese or English were about starting the business back in 2011. Rest in peace, titty tea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Bloodnose posted:

I tried to see if they're still making the titty tea but the only hits I could find in Chinese or English were about starting the business back in 2011. Rest in peace, titty tea

You could do it. You have big obesity man boobs and you’re still a virgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Bloodnose posted:

my imagination and this bottle of lotion say different, mister