Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Speaking of O4S, Raid of the Dorks got our first kill :toot:

Our current plan is to do 7 more clears to get everyone weapons and the mounts, kill Shinryu Ex in our spare time, and then... idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
SACLOS guidance

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

vOv posted:

Speaking of O4S, Raid of the Dorks got our first kill :toot:

Our current plan is to do 7 more clears to get everyone weapons and the mounts, kill Shinryu Ex in our spare time, and then... idk.

My suggestion is get your face pushed in in 4.2 when the next raid comes out and you have to kill Dark Lich or something.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

My suggestion is get your face pushed in in 4.2 when the next raid comes out and you have to kill Dark Lich or something.

Oh that's absolutely the plan, just dunno what we'll do until then. Might just not meet.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

vOv posted:

Oh that's absolutely the plan, just dunno what we'll do until then. Might just not meet.

i'll meet you after school on the play ground nerd, fight me

winner takes next alt right mount

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I have fingers crossed for a Mystic Quest section of the Deltascape.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Have healers always been this insane in PVP because my god man trying to kill even one by himself is just an exercise in frustration.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

What are the BIS rings for a SMN? Obviously one of them should be Augmented Lost Allagan, but I can only have one of those. Do the extra 7 INT on the Genji Ring vs. Lost Allagan Ring really outweigh the total lack of Crit or Spell Speed?
For the record, an Augmented <whatever> ring is unique... but only with other Augmented rings of the same type. An unaugmented version can be worn at the same time, you can't just buy it until you've augmented the one you currently have.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Asimo posted:

For the record, an Augmented <whatever> ring is unique... but only with other Augmented rings of the same type. An unaugmented version can be worn at the same time, you can't just buy it until you've augmented the one you currently have.

I think that's what they're asking. Do you go Augmented Lost Allagan/Regular Lost Allagan or Augmented Lost Allagan/Genji?

I don't know stat weights but I'm guessing the answer is Genji, simply because +7 INT is such a huge thing. And it's not like spell speed lets you get more DWTs or Deathflares out.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Have healers always been this insane in PVP because my god man trying to kill even one by himself is just an exercise in frustration.

Pretty much. You really need a tank or NIN to lock them down and time some bursts to kill one. Fortunately, they probably won't kill you either.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Martman posted:

I got to play In the End by Linkin Park for Denmo McStronghuge, my life is complete.

Heroic!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Would you believe it's actually better than it used to be? In 2-3.xx I literally saw healers who could solo heal through 7-8 people dogpiling them because they didn't align their burst windows.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

they dropped, they're just going to some baddie who doesn't need them :negative:

And after 83 runs, I am free.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
I don't like the harp thing. But that's mostly because I'm a curmudgeon who doesn't want to hear buskers also because I don't have BRD unlocked yet.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The best tactic for dealing with a healer in a 1v1 situation is to do the moonlift dance and hope to make a friend. Alternate black mage strat: swiftcast sleep then cast return because no one's got time for that poo poo.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I dunno what the gently caress everyone has been smoking lately, but pubbies have been really getting their poo poo pushed in with World of Darkness lately. Over the last week, I've wiped to Angra Mainyu and Cerberus more times than I've ever seen in my years of playing this game. I've also never had the pleasure of seeing Cerberus' Awakening enrage until a few days ago. One of the tanks kept picking up a fetter and not attaching it.

It's not like all the Alliance Roulette runs have been bad. Most of them have been great! It's just that everyone is suddenly making GBS threads the bed in WoD lately.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I dunno what the gently caress everyone has been smoking lately, but pubbies have been really getting their poo poo pushed in with World of Darkness lately. Over the last week, I've wiped to Angra Mainyu and Cerberus more times than I've ever seen in my years of playing this game. I've also never had the pleasure of seeing Cerberus' Awakening enrage until a few days ago. One of the tanks kept picking up a fetter and not attaching it.

It's not like all the Alliance Roulette runs have been bad. Most of them have been great! It's just that everyone is suddenly making GBS threads the bed in WoD lately.

I think it's Alliance Roulette. More people are using it because it is fantastic EXP and as more people use it you'll get more people who don't really know/remember the mechanics or, since they're leveling with it, are in a role they're not used to. (i.e tanks.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think it's just a really weird mix of
A) People who are very very stringently trying to do the mizzteq 'this is the only way to do this ever' guide even though everyone's so overgeared you can skip 50% of the mechanics.
B) People who think they are so overgeared they can skip 100% of the mechanics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And despite the legions of bads in alliance roulette, poor Glasya still hasn't been able to do his special move in at least 3 years.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, I also found out the wrath of the healer. Just don't even bother. Honestly, it's rarely worth it to try and 1v1 anybody. If your team isn't with you, just keep it pushing (if it's a melee) or run the hell away before you melt (BRD).

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

Try ultimate. :angel:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I've played rival wings 15 times and still haven't seen any match end before the time limit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thundarr posted:

And despite the legions of bads in alliance roulette, poor Glasya still hasn't been able to do his special move in at least 3 years.

Someone in the EU FC said they wiped to him yesterday.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I did ST the other day, he did his big attack with about 10% remaining.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

slev posted:

I've played rival wings 15 times and still haven't seen any match end before the time limit
They were ending quite fast yesterday for me but then everyone discovered the cannons and that was it.

I think the mode is a disappointment for me after the newness wore off. Like you can take the generator but there's so many gas tanks in the moat and caves that it's kind of whatever, except it's the most un-fun thing be on tank duty. Whoever grabs the mechs will probably always be the ones with mechs cause they revive in 5 seconds and just grab a new one. Everyone else is basically just swarming something ineffectively until your core is getting pushed, playing hide and seek in the moat, or generally just bouncing off healers in the generator room. Oppressor is basically "ugh all the cruise chasers are occupied, I guess I should help us win <alt-tab for 30 seconds while you slowly trundle across the battlefield>"

About the only cool thing to do is taking control of the chaser or the justice cause they can move reasonably fast and splatter people.

Actually solo'ing the mechs with a bard/mch/smn is pretty funny too.

Still have no idea what the dota adds do.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dota... boring and poo poo... I wouldn't have guessed.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've only played 3 matches of Rival Wings to date, but all three have ended with a blown up core. I haven't had the chance to run any mechs yet. It's still fun for me right now. Maybe I'll finish off my Garo mount achievements after all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh the adds give 10 fuel when you kill them. I guess it's just more ways to get fuel.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I kited a cruise chaser and a BRD yesterday as an AST. They wouldn't leave me alone so I eventually set out on the arduous task of killing them. The BRD died but then cruise chaser ran away. They move fast! I actually routinely kill 1-2 people a match as AST.

It feels more difficult to kill healers now because forces are more spread out and mechs might make it difficult for you to get closer to a healer. In shatter, it would be like a mass of 72 people in one spot so you felt you killed a healer fast because like five people were on them. It's actually a lot more difficult to survive as a healer now than it was in HW, in which WHM was a literal unkillable god that could face down entire alliances on their own.

That being said, the changes to AST have been good in PvP. Actually, I wish AST in PvE were like AST in PvP. A lot. There are so many QOL things there that should definitely exist in PvE and it kind of makes me mad.

Oh yeah and the new mode sucks. Should have just been capture the flag or something simple. I just want to kill people in a mess that's not 72 people in which everyone explodes from being focused.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's all about how you handle interrupts and your burst windows. three players should be able to kill a healer quickly because that's how you do it in feast. you can do it with 2, as long as one of them is a ninja or the healer in question is bad (which is a pretty safe bet right now in rival wings).

we usually drop with a WHM + DRK combo though, which is extremely hard to put down because of TBN.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's all about how you handle interrupts and your burst windows. three players should be able to kill a healer quickly because that's how you do it in feast. you can do it with 2, as long as one of them is a ninja or the healer in question is bad (which is a pretty safe bet right now in rival wings).

we usually drop with a WHM + DRK combo though, which is extremely hard to put down because of TBN.

It can still be nearly impossible for a group to kill a healer sometimes, just because there can easily be two or more other healers nearby, and if they notice and start focusing your target, good luck.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that's harder, yeah, but if your group is coordinated you can break through with adrenaline rushes--the spike damage from a melee lb will do it if lined up with a second DPS' burst phase, and iirc the ranged limit break inflicts a healing down debuff that makes it easier.

if your group isn't coordinated and you can't break the enemy pack's healing, you should probably be somewhere else instead of dying pointlessly.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also, i apologize if i'm being condescending and you already know this but: most people without Feast experience have no idea what kind of burst an experienced pvp player can pull off. i'm frankly not very good at it myself, but an experienced monk player executing their wombo combo with full resources/cooldowns can dish out something like 11,000 damage in 1.5 GCDs, which is literally too fast for another alliance's healer to react unless they are inhumanly quick.

there are countermeasures, of course--a healer with Feast experience will be able to recognize an incoming wombo combo and react appropriately (concentration, safeguard, benison, benediction, fluid aura, etc), especially if their tank is on the ball with cover or TBN. but the vast, vast majority of enemy healers you meet in rival wings are simply there to grind out a mount.

if you sit in the wolves' den for a few minutes and practice lining up your burst window, you'll find it a lot easier to murder healers. too many people, even people who are quite skilled at their class in pve, queue into pvp with no understanding of what their rotation looks like in pvp.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's more like 8500 since the riddle of fire nerf went in, or about ~9250 if you consider the full two GCD RoF+RoE combo. Monks not solo'ing anyone anymore and needs some follow-up.

The real gotcha in frontlines are dumbos triggering CC DR at all the wrong times. I've tanked an entire alliance simply because of this until a DRK and MCH come along and start rubber banding you. Then you're at the mercy of your own cool downs.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 22, 2017

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

if you sit in the wolves' den for a few minutes and practice lining up your burst window, you'll find it a lot easier to murder healers. too many people, even people who are quite skilled at their class in pve, queue into pvp with no understanding of what their rotation looks like in pvp.

This is really the big thing. Very few classes use a similar rotation in PvP as they do in PvE. I'd say Bard and Paladin are the two closest. Bard is effectively the same, with a truncated song rotation. Then there's the likes of Machinist being pretty far departed from their PvE play(and for the better imo.)

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Are there any good PVP macros I can use to communicate to my team which player I am focusing? Sometimes I see an interesting one that announces the target and cycles through the 1-5 marks, but google isn’t being too helpful or is just providing info from before the Feast communication restrictions (which may I add are just The loving Dumbest Thing in the game)

Mostly playing Feast right now, I should clarify

vvv awesome, that'll do the trick. Thank you.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 23, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Are there any good PVP macros I can use to communicate to my team which player I am focusing? Sometimes I see an interesting one that announces the target and cycles through the 1-5 marks, but google isn’t being too helpful or is just providing info from before the Feast communication restrictions (which may I add are just The loving Dumbest Thing in the game)

Mostly playing Feast right now, I should clarify

/mk attack1
/mk attack5 <t> <wait.1>
/mk attack4 <attack5> <wait.1>
/mk attack3 <attack4> <wait.1>
/mk attack2 <attack3> <wait.1>
/mk attack1 <attack2> <wait.1>

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Skaw posted:

This is really the big thing. Very few classes use a similar rotation in PvP as they do in PvE. I'd say Bard and Paladin are the two closest. Bard is effectively the same, with a truncated song rotation. Then there's the likes of Machinist being pretty far departed from their PvE play(and for the better imo.)

I wish PVE machinist was anything like PVP machinist, tbh

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sade posted:

I wish PVE machinist was anything like PVP machinist, tbh
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

hmm I think Rival Wings is bad