Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

I was trying to edit it down to something a little more manageable and it turns out its hard to keep track of which tweets you've copied and pasted

twitter is garbage for storytelling imagine that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
The Something Awful Forums > Main > BYOB: build your own blowjob

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Meat Beat Agent posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > BYOB: build your own blowjob

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I have to say The Blowjob Profile Mystery is probably the best discussion in this thread so far.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
don't roll your own blowjobs

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Brings new meaning to sanitize your inputs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

apseudonym posted:

I like your avatar

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I like your avatar

Security Fuckup Megathread - v14.1 - I caught a virus from my unsanitized blowjob

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

this wouldn't have been a problem if they'd used the block chain

or rather, the blow chain

come on, not even gonna try cockchain?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

what’s the proof of work on the cockchain?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cum obviously, but you have to hide your earnings from the :cumpolice:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh i got a better one:

proof of wank :rimshot:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Chris Knight posted:

twitter is garbage for storytelling imagine that!

Or, you know, he could have just linked the first tweet and we all could have read the thread that was all of 15 tweets.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ErIog posted:

Or, you know, he could have just linked the first tweet and we all could have read the thread that was all of 15 tweets.

Or those tweets could just be copied as text.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wild EEPROM posted:

don't roll your own blowjobs

lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

so the system where a total stranger can give instructions to the robot strapped to your dick is flawed because there's an xss exploit on the site that wait can we go back to the first part again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

flakeloaf posted:

so the system where a total stranger can give instructions to the robot strapped to your dick is flawed because there's an xss exploit on the site that wait can we go back to the first part again

lmao irl

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

glory hole the hardware and app...whats the problem?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anthonypants posted:

right and according to them they downloaded a bunch of blowjobs to put in a chart, which are also the ones on which they plan to do "blowjob fingerprinting". so those blowjobs either exist in storage on that server, or they were actively intercepting all blowjob traffic over some period of time. i feel like there's something missing from their story.

i think you're mixing up cause and effect. it's not that she found the security flaws and used it to download a bunch of blowjobs, it's that she was downloading and analyzing a bunch of blowjobs and that's how she found the security flaws. p sure she was just finding them publicly posted somewhere or other. the story is kinda vague and mixed in with a "please donate to my sex toy analysis patreon" pitch, though, which makes it hard to tell

there's no need for the site to store the blowjob data, because the link is the blowjob data encoded. theoretically, there's no reason for the blowjob data to need to ever reach the server at all. everything she's described can be done client-side.

of course, the site is probably saving it anyway. but the attack she describes just allows the injection of arbitrary javascript - that can be pretty bad for the user that runs the link, but it's not a big threat to the site itself. it won't have access to anything on the server that the victim can't already access. at worst, it could compromise the user's account and steal their blowjobs

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

This is, almost certainly, the best thing I've read this entire year.

Condiv posted:

this wouldn't have been a problem if they'd used the block chain

or rather, the blow chain

apseudonym posted:

ate all the Oreos posted:

oh i got a better one:

proof of wank :rimshot:

:nsavince:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flakeloaf posted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

flakeloaf posted:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
gonna ddos the blowjob machine until I get a buffer overflow iykwim

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

distributed denial of service

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

urethra damaging protocol flood

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

gonna ddos the blowjob machine until I get a buffer overflow iykwim

vOv posted:

distributed denial of service

dick denial of service

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

flakeloaf posted:

urethra damaging protocol flood

urine dousing protocol flood

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
someone post that urine cop panel from achewood, please

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Make sure you wrap your connection with SSL to stay safe.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

You'd have expected these guys to have done at least a bit of penetration testing.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Chalks posted:

You'd have expected these guys to have done at least a bit of penetration testing.

Their bug bounty didn't pay enough to catch anything.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
happy 30th anniversary of the max headroom pirate show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs&hd=1

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

apseudonym posted:

Their bug bounty didn't pay enough to catch anything.

Toss into this the fact that most bug bounty programs are bullshit that'll never actually pay out

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

apseudonym posted:

dick denial of service

Dick denial of sucking

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

can we get this in a thread title friendly form?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

i think you're mixing up cause and effect. it's not that she found the security flaws and used it to download a bunch of blowjobs, it's that she was downloading and analyzing a bunch of blowjobs and that's how she found the security flaws. p sure she was just finding them publicly posted somewhere or other. the story is kinda vague and mixed in with a "please donate to my sex toy analysis patreon" pitch, though, which makes it hard to tell

there's no need for the site to store the blowjob data, because the link is the blowjob data encoded. theoretically, there's no reason for the blowjob data to need to ever reach the server at all. everything she's described can be done client-side.

of course, the site is probably saving it anyway. but the attack she describes just allows the injection of arbitrary javascript - that can be pretty bad for the user that runs the link, but it's not a big threat to the site itself. it won't have access to anything on the server that the victim can't already access. at worst, it could compromise the user's account and steal their blowjobs

you wouldn't download a blowjob

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RISCy Business posted:

you wouldn't download a blowjob

i'm actually quite interested in this blowjob download technology, tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

flakeloaf posted:

yeah, as raymond would say you're already on the other side of the airtight seal

• Locked thread