Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Smashed a finger setting up the t bar row like a dumb idiot clown bitch.

It's a very bad colour right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a mysterious cloak posted:

First squats in two months last night. Had to clean the weight up because my rack is trashed and have, uh, not really done a lot of power cleans before.

Everything hurts.

enjoy the rear end->toilet aiming minigame

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I open my gym five days a week, usually the closers do a fine job of clearing out the locker rooms, but it seems like Sunday night into Monday morning is the favorite for leaving things behind in the showers, such as:

- Two empty glass bottles of Modelo.
- Three pizza crusts.
- Boxers (not really surprising).
- At least two times a month, there will be a single wad of toilet paper tossed into the corner that someone had used to wipe their dirty rear end after showering. FFS WASH YOUR rear end, invest in some baby powder and this wet, but still with poop in there rear end problem doesn't happen.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That sounds...

lovely.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Stop working out at Planet Fitness.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Stop working out at Planet Fitness.

I don't. My gym doesn't even have massage chairs.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Thre are a lot of weirdos in the world

stay safe out there

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Friends, I finally did it. A 200lb bench. And it wasn't even a grinder. Still aiming for 135 ohp, 225 bp, and a 315 deadlift(and just progress without my knee blowing up on squat is fine) by the end of the year.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
You can do it DDD. My strength shot up really loving quick these last two months, but I can't bench 225 for more than 5 reps to save my life. Everything else is progressing nicely.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Have you tried benching more than 1x a week? I have to. When I first started 5/3/1 on 3 days it was recommended I just rotate the 4 workouts so it wound up being a little less than 1x a week frequency on the main lifts and I actually got weaker over those 2 cycles.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Friends, I finally did it. A 200lb bench. And it wasn't even a grinder. Still aiming for 135 ohp, 225 bp, and a 315 deadlift(and just progress without my knee blowing up on squat is fine) by the end of the year.

You are doing nsuns?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

:)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My bench speed sucks how can I fix that anyone know?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fallows posted:

My bench speed sucks how can I fix that anyone know?

Chains.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I go to LA fitness/crunch so I'ma have to work up to that lol

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
practice moving the bar quickly at lower weights

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

KyloWinter posted:

You are doing nsuns?

Still just 5/3/1 with 5x5@80% on opposite lift days. If I try Nsuns at all, it'll be when I'm done trying to lose some weight.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm the big dude (probably 6'4", 230, 240) doing deadlift triples at 315 and screaming like a loving maniac, again.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm the big dude (probably 6'4", 230, 240) doing deadlift triples at 315 and screaming like a loving maniac, again.

lol he screamed while trying 405 and it never left the ground.

e: Quote is not edit.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I made my shin bleed for the first time ever doing deadlifts tonight @ 315 pounds. I don't even remember the bar coming into contact with them once. I feel like I've been deflowered. Matched last weeks heaviest set for reps, feels good. Gym will be closed next 2 days in a way that will prevent me from going in at my usual time, kind of panicking.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I've resigned to permanent bloody shins. Every deadlift session makes me bleed. Ive recently gotten deadlifting socks because i did a set that drew lots and lors of blood and its not a good look.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
am I the only one who wears trousers while deadlifting or something

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Knickers? In the athletic club? My word!

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I do my best to use the smooth bars for deadlifts, otherwise I just submit to fate and grab a few paper towels for after.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

i normally am ok and just tear my shins up but ive had a scab right at the top of my shin ive been ripping off every week for like a month and its getting messy now

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
stop

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Never bled from deadlifts. Can't really remember scraping my shins ever. Have from cleans because I'm an awkward fat kid on the inside and it's a slightly athletic movement.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Chief McHeath posted:

pls don't doxx me.

MikeCrotch posted:

but then how do you show off your calves? :confused:

I bruise easily so my legs are just a series of contiguous bruises. Never bled, though.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I am constantly battling my awkward fat kid on the inside

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Fartbox posted:

I am constantly battling my awkward fat kid on the inside
Aren't we all, brother

Aren't we all :unsmith:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MikeCrotch posted:

I don't understand wearing trousers to train. If you're not wearing shorts to work out then you better be naked.

Full length tights are fine as long as you're wearing shorts over them.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
How do people bleed doing deadlifts???? I’ve never had that issue, the bar doesn’t run down my shins.

That being said just wear knee high socks

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gaz2k21 posted:

How do people bleed doing deadlifts????

Good but not always perfect form.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Gaz2k21 posted:

How do people bleed doing deadlifts???? I’ve never had that issue, the bar doesn’t run down my shins.

That being said just wear knee high socks

Different leverages. I can pull with the bar at my toes with almost the same efficiency as at my shins because I'm built right.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Bar nearly touches my shins on setup and goes right up along them when I pull ususally.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I am a fan of trap bar deadlifting

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNQp6IRB-y_/?hl=en&taken-by=doctor.deadlift

these are my dream shins

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can't you just wear sweat pants or something?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Can't you just wear sweat pants or something?

You ashamed of your legs or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Just lol if you're not doing rear end-to-grass squats in a banana hammock