Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tars Tarkas posted:

There is going to be another Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai according to RZA

https://theplaylist.net/ghost-dog-sequel-works-20171120/

I don't want to wake up from this dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tars Tarkas posted:

There is going to be another Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai according to RZA

https://theplaylist.net/ghost-dog-sequel-works-20171120/

gently caress yes, we are living in a new cinematic Golden Age

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope you like Kenneth Branagh's Poirot mustache because he and Fox are going to adapt Death On The Nile: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/murder-on-the-orient-express-sequel-death-on-the-nile-1202620018/

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Can't wait for the SHAFT: Origins re-reboot that shows the first-ever Shaft.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

well why not posted:

Turns out there are dozens and dozens of Shafts throughout the ages. They’re like the Phantom.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The MSJ posted:

I hope you like Kenneth Branagh's Poirot mustache because he and Fox are going to adapt Death On The Nile: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/murder-on-the-orient-express-sequel-death-on-the-nile-1202620018/

Why are they remaking all the good Poirot films? They should do one of the mediocre ones, like Dead Man's Folly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

Just a straight-up African warrior killing colonials and making love to the women of every tribe. I can dig it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

davidspackage posted:

Just a straight-up African warrior killing colonials and making love to the women of every tribe. I can dig it.

Not Shaft's MO at all, really. He'd probably be a musketeer or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

well why not posted:

Django Unchained already exists.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

Murder on Orient Express was pretty good, though didnt really excel, so i'll watch it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Samuel Clemens posted:

Why are they remaking all the good Poirot films? They should do one of the mediocre ones, like Dead Man's Folly.

My guess is they want to do all the ones set in exotic locations. If Nile is successful, wouldn't be surprised to see them do Murder in Mesopotamia

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it's as simple as Orient Express and Nile being the most well known of the Poirot mysteries.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok i'm goign to watch justice league this weekend, since i got free tickets. can someone link me to that post that points out all the reshoots (like how they forgot bruce wayne's widow peak and had to cg out superman's mustache)?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ok i'm goign to watch justice league this weekend, since i got free tickets. can someone link me to that post that points out all the reshoots (like how they forgot bruce wayne's widow peak and had to cg out superman's mustache)?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/7dob2k/resetera_insider_leaks_snyder_original_cut_details/

It should be noted that this isn't 100% verified but the eye test kinda bears it out.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

wow holy crap that's a lot of things

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/7dob2k/resetera_insider_leaks_snyder_original_cut_details/

It should be noted that this isn't 100% verified but the eye test kinda bears it out.
That list reads like an itemized breakdown of everything people who dislike Whedon's movies hate about them and everything that people who dislike Snyder's movies hate about them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/933364285446729733

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Get your mind and body ready.

quote:

WWE Studios and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA) today announced that the two studios will partner again to release the upcoming action film THE MARINE 6: CLOSE QUARTERS, directed by James Nunn (The Marine 5: Battleground, Eliminators). The film will feature WWE SUPERSTARS The Miz and Becky Lynch, and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, and is set to begin production on Monday, November 27 in London.

When Jake Carter (The Miz) and fellow Marine Luke Trapper (Shawn Michaels) stumble upon a kidnapped girl being held prisoner by a dangerous gang of international criminals, they find themselves in the crosshairs as they try to save the girl and bring her kidnappers to justice.

"The Marine series continues to deliver action-packed entertainment to our fans, and we are excited to partner again with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and director James Nunn to bring The Marine 6: Close Quarters to a global audience" said Michael Luisi, President of WWE Studios. "The motion picture debut of the talented Becky Lynch and the addition of Shawn Michaels to the series, alongside The Miz, is sure to bring the excitement and action to the next level."

The film is written by Craig Walendziak..

52 year old Shawn Michaels as a marine sure is something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how The Marine series is just action movies starring meh wrestlers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's somehow fitting that The Miz took over the franchise from John Cena.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
In the last one he was an EMT all of a sudden. I hope he's some new profession in this one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is the reason Miz lost the Intercontinental Title to Roman.

Edit: Didn't we have a WWE Movies thread here at one point? Seems like something that should be revisited.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 22, 2017

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Detective No. 27 posted:

This is the reason Miz lost the Intercontinental Title to Roman.

Edit: Didn't we have a WWE Movies thread here at one point? Seems like something that should be revisited.

I made one a while back but I'm pretty sure it has sunk into the archives. I suppose I could try and cobble a new one together.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is all this man has left.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
After Jurassic World I don't know what they could possibly do to get me interested in the sequel. Like, they even cast Jeff Goldblum and I'm still not interested. That's rough.

Maybe if they stripped it down and doubled down on the most terrifying moments of the first two movies. I could watch a whole movie of the Lost World run through tall grass or the trailer sequence. But that's the opposite direction they seem to be going with the series.

I'd have dinosaurs break loose, get out into the world, start eating people, and multiply. Then make the sequel a world overrun by dinosaurs, forcing man into survival mode. Take the zombie movie route, essentially. Then the trilogy capper is like 28 Weeks Later, where the humans have penned themselves up in a sanctuary surrounded by a world of dinosaurs. Like, you know, irony. Sure, it's a bit stupid. But it's way more interesting of stupid than this movie will be.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jurassic World is about as disappointing as a revival movie that's ever come out.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Marine and Homefront were good, but I haven't seen the 5th one yet, so I'm hoping it's an odds-over-evens situation, 'cause the other two are just real boring.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

feedmyleg posted:

After Jurassic World I don't know what they could possibly do to get me interested in the sequel. Like, they even cast Jeff Goldblum and I'm still not interested. That's rough.

Maybe if they stripped it down and doubled down on the most terrifying moments of the first two movies. I could watch a whole movie of the Lost World run through tall grass or the trailer sequence. But that's the opposite direction they seem to be going with the series.

I'd have dinosaurs break loose, get out into the world, start eating people, and multiply. Then make the sequel a world overrun by dinosaurs, forcing man into survival mode. Take the zombie movie route, essentially. Then the trilogy capper is like 28 Weeks Later, where the humans have penned themselves up in a sanctuary surrounded by a world of dinosaurs. Like, you know, irony. Sure, it's a bit stupid. But it's way more interesting of stupid than this movie will be.

Some quick Google told me that Chris Pratt's character is facing other giant dinosaurs and trying to keep Blue, the last raptor, from being used for violence.

Which, uh, certainly sounds like a movie idea. I really liked Jurassic World, but I'm not feeling this sequel.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It should be about instructions John Hammond left behind for Ian Malcolm to use dinosaurs in a vengeance plot. Call it The Book of Hammond.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The next Jurassic Park film should just be the Grizzly Man but with T-Rexes.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Red Bones posted:

The next Jurassic Park film should just be the Grizzly Man but with T-Rexes chicken sized Velociraptors.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Leavemywife posted:

Blue, the last raptor,

Gosh, imagine a world without raptors.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Red Bones posted:

The next Jurassic Park film should just be the Grizzly Man but with T-Rexes.

Recasting John Hammond with Werner Herzog would be amazing

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Give the dinosaurs guns like that script for Jurassic Park 4 that was floating around for a while.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

feedmyleg posted:

I don't think there exists a single person with enough suspension of disbelief to carry this idea. How would dinosaurs ever come to dominate? At worst they're slightly scarier versions of animals humanity accidentally made extinct back when we thought spears were an amazing invention. Now, if the dinosaurs spread a Dinosaur Flu that was lethal to the vast majority of the human population, maybe they could take over the world, especially if they explored the idea of genetic manipulation having made some of them unnaturally smart.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't think there exists a single person with enough suspension of disbelief to carry this idea. How would dinosaurs ever come to dominate? At worst they're slightly scarier versions of animals humanity accidentally made extinct back when we thought spears were an amazing invention. Now, if the dinosaurs spread a Dinosaur Flu that was lethal to the vast majority of the human population, maybe they could take over the world, especially if they explored the idea of genetic manipulation having made some of them unnaturally smart.
Humans have become a lot weaker and more sedentary since then. But still, there's no way they'd wipe us out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Unless they're stopped now, this will become a planet...of dinosaurs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
A planet where lizards evolved from men?!?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Unless they're stopped now, this will become a planet...of dinosaurs.
AND CADILLACS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Humans have become a lot weaker and more sedentary since then. But still, there's no way they'd wipe us out.

Yeah but we also have tanks and automatic weapons.

• Locked thread