Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Nechronic posted:

Time for you to gamble Kyoshiro's Soul

Yeah I've been looking for that to master the set dungeon.

The saddest part is I'm 95% sure I had it and salvaged before I realized :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Trying to figure out why the Icy Veins HOTA guide recommends putting paragon points into max fury. I don’t see any skills or item modifiers on that build that boost damage or anything else based on total fury. I’m always at max fury between the Gavel and Ancient’s Fury, so more doesn’t seem necessary. Am I missing something?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

mentalcontempt posted:

Trying to figure out why the Icy Veins HOTA guide recommends putting paragon points into max fury. I don’t see any skills or item modifiers on that build that boost damage or anything else based on total fury. I’m always at max fury between the Gavel and Ancient’s Fury, so more doesn’t seem necessary. Am I missing something?

Hammer's crit chance increases based on your max fury. I'd check the scaling, but I'm phone posting. It lists it in game if you have advanced tool tips turned on (you should always have those on.)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Metal Meltdown posted:

Hammer's crit chance increases based on your max fury. I'd check the scaling, but I'm phone posting. It lists it in game if you have advanced tool tips turned on (you should always have those on.)

It's +1% per 5 fury.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Metal Meltdown posted:

Ah, thanks!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It’s basically 2x the rate of the crit chance paragon & when combined with the bonus from wotb you’ll have 80-90% crit (I think 95 is the cap?)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah and with that battle rage talent you are constantly doing aoe with those constant Crits. It's a good build .

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Necromancer is certainly... Different from all other classes

I don't know if I'd call it "fun" though

Still haven't tried a pet build though

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Necromancer is certainly... Different from all other classes

I don't know if I'd call it "fun" though

Still haven't tried a pet build though

Rathma mages is pretty legit but I'd set Consume to a paddle button instead of a face button and just hold that fucker down non stop.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Fun is in the eye of the beholder

(he says, as a person who finds Corpse Lance builds fun for some reason)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Legs Benedict posted:

Fun is in the eye of the beholder

(he says, as a person who finds Corpse Lance builds fun for some reason)

I find DH multishot the most fun. Is there a wixard build that compares? Something where I can just stand in a doorway and flatten a room and not worry too much about resource management?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Frozen orb is pretty similar.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Is Lazystorm still good? I played necro last season with several of my own changes and it was easily one of the best for speed farming bounties/t13/GR<83ish. It really hit a wall in the upward 80s but it was so easy and many fun tweaks you could do (i.e. Briggs Wrath, speedy items) to just sprint through and have everything die

Would recommend if it's still good for anyone playing necro that hates the traggoul bloodlancer stuff

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Ristolaz posted:

I find DH multishot the most fun. Is there a wixard build that compares? Something where I can just stand in a doorway and flatten a room and not worry too much about resource management?

Disintegrate feels like playing monster janitor - enter a room, sweep around a little and everything disappears, leaving behind legendaries. :v:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ort posted:

Frozen orb is pretty similar.

I wish they would have just made it so the wizard got the damage bonus from Des's set just by having a slow time bubble up.

Going from turning some monsters to dust to barely even tickling others just because the bubble missed their foot by an inch gets annoying after a while.

Especially after playing SWK monk and doing 100 billion+ to everything on the screen all the time just by pressing the sweeping wind button once per game.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

A simple fix would be to have dmo give you a permanent bubble, ala archon's toggleable one. That alone would let it be a fun speed build and way less tedious

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Xaris posted:

Is Lazystorm still good? I played necro last season with several of my own changes and it was easily one of the best for speed farming bounties/t13/GR<83ish. It really hit a wall in the upward 80s but it was so easy and many fun tweaks you could do (i.e. Briggs Wrath, speedy items) to just sprint through and have everything die

Would recommend if it's still good for anyone playing necro that hates the traggoul bloodlancer stuff

Do Auramancer instead. Same basic concept, but better.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Where do I sign the papers to join the Primal Puzzle Ring club

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Yeah and with that battle rage talent you are constantly doing aoe with those constant Crits. It's a good build .

How does the "Deal more damage close to max fury" scale with a higher max fury cap?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

single-mode fiber posted:

Where do I sign the papers to join the Primal Puzzle Ring club

waddup, friend

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

How does the "Deal more damage close to max fury" scale with a higher max fury cap?

It's not based on a % of your fury, it's 1% crit per 5 fury that you have

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any idea why the Icy Veins guide for whirlbarb recommends Pain Enhancer when it seems like Gogok would be better for it in every way?

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003
Got my first primal ancient tonight, super excited...

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Hey man, at least that is a functional primal. Just the last one you'd want to get in ykur checklist of things.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Red Red Blue posted:

It's not based on a % of your fury, it's 1% crit per 5 fury that you have

Ok I guess I am a bit dense, I figured that was a different mechanic from a set or so, not the passive. Thanks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Okay so the full 6 piece Raekor HoTA Build is way more fun to play, it’s like leap quake barb but a little less jumpy and more runny, then you unleash ridiculous holy hell with a single hammer slam. Highly recommended.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Any idea why the Icy Veins guide for whirlbarb recommends Pain Enhancer when it seems like Gogok would be better for it in every way?

Pain Enhancer can stack more damage than Gogok in high density rifts if you're really pushing high GRs. That's my guess.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Pain Enhancer can stack more damage than Gogok in high density rifts if you're really pushing high GRs. That's my guess.

Yeah it's this. If your screen isn't lagging you probably don't have enough mobs anyways to make progress on whirlybarb.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Ancient with better stats is obviously better, except 84% 'more' orange text? I hate that you can't re-roll that.

Assuming 'first enemy it hits' means per-shot, and I'm not short on VIT, or better things to add Caldesann's to, then which is more damage?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Try this.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Landed my first primal last night and holy hell it was a near perfect Karlei's. I had to re-roll as on it, and I thought I had a gift but didn't. I've been running ue multi but wanted to try shadow so I've been gathering that set too, just need some jewelry to complete it. The other crazy part was I got a second primal in that same run, but it was just a arc stone.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I see Tal's was the only set this season that didn't get a damage boost.

But meteors themselves got a big boost between the buff to Nilfur's boots and the Grand Vizier staff rework.

Paired with the Deathwish sword and Etched sigil, I'm curious how much damage the meteors can put out now. All the guides I can find use Firebirds instead of the full Tal's.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vakal posted:

I see Tal's was the only set this season that didn't get a damage boost.

But meteors themselves got a big boost between the buff to Nilfur's boots and the Grand Vizier staff rework.

Paired with the Deathwish sword and Etched sigil, I'm curious how much damage the meteors can put out now. All the guides I can find use Firebirds instead of the full Tal's.

Tal Meteor does plenty of damage. With a smattering of ancients I'm clearing 90's with DR being a bigger concern than damage output. I could probably clear another 5 if I could ever find a Unity set.

Most of the console wizard leaderboard toppers are DMO Twister though.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 24, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is absolutely the most fun Diablo has ever been

If only Destiny 2 had open-faced cribbed more for it *the biggest sigh in human history*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

D3 is really great right now it's true. They perfected it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Near perfect. The move to have mats not be actual inventory consuming items means pets should gather those too. :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's the only change I want

Automatic Dee Bee pickup

Vakal
May 11, 2008
And a gem box that pools them all together so you don't have to move your best bane of the trapped between chars.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Vakal posted:

And a gem box that pools them all together so you don't have to move your best bane of the trapped between chars.

Even just an "ungem all gear" button would be tremendously useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just let the loving pets pick up DBs.
That's all I want.