Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

got any sevens posted:

Unless they're stopped now, this will become a planet...of dinosaurs.

We're nowhere near beating their record so it still kind of is the planet of the dinosaurs. For any one watching Earth the story of humans is a brief interlude to build suspsense about the fate of the dinosaurs and any epoch now the dinosaurs are going to make their triumphant return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A planet of lizard people, aliens come to visit under the guise of friendship. They look just like the lizard people, but it turns out underneath, they're humans!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Elaborate conspiracy theories based around video artifacts making the right honorable Komodus Rex look snoutless and pink.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah but we also have tanks and automatic weapons.

Somehow the Jurassic movies never go full-on dino murder, which is the only place they haven't gone yet. Even Lost World just had them tranquilized and captured.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Young Freud posted:

Somehow the Jurassic movies never go full-on dino murder, which is the only place they haven't gone yet. Even Lost World just had them tranquilized and captured.

Jurassic World had the Cool Rex killed at the end, and basically portrayed it as a serial killer. It was loving lame.

I think it's good that they haven't ever gone to the dinosaur killing well.

This next one is about a dormant volcano erupting on the island so they have to go rescue all of the dinosaurs but it turns out there's baby Cool Rexes now.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lobok posted:

We're nowhere near beating their record so it still kind of is the planet of the dinosaurs. For any one watching Earth the story of humans is a brief interlude to build suspsense about the fate of the dinosaurs and any epoch now the dinosaurs are going to make their triumphant return.
The fairer comparison would be between dinosaurs and mammals. In any case, going by this measure, it's the planet of the bacteria. Besides, mammals already beat up the post-Chicxculub dinosaurs until most of them fled to the skies, so they're clearly passé. Time for Neogene Park, featuring everyone's favorite mammals, such as the Archeotherium or the Paraceratherium.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Just clone new ones - who cares?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Just combine Jurassic Park with V, half the human characters rip off their skin to reveal they are space lizard people who brought the dinosaurs back because of space invasion reasons but then some of the dinosaurs rip off their scales to reveal feathers because they have secretly evolved back into birds and then there is a huge battle that mankind and bird dinokind win because of the power of love as Dr. Malcolm bones a hot dino bird lady.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Just clone all the ancient human subspecies; Neanderthal, Habilis, Sahelanthropus. It'll be fun for the whole extended family!

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 23, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Leavemywife posted:

Some quick Google told me that Chris Pratt's character is facing other giant dinosaurs and trying to keep Blue, the last raptor, from being used for violence.

Which, uh, certainly sounds like a movie idea. I really liked Jurassic World, but I'm not feeling this sequel.

How dare they try to turn that bidepal killing machine into a... bipedal killing machine.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Do a Beverly Hills Cop 3-ripoff that takes place at the new dino-zoo instead of off brand Disneyland.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The fairer comparison would be between dinosaurs and mammals. In any case, going by this measure, it's the planet of the bacteria. Besides, mammals already beat up the post-Chicxculub dinosaurs until most of them fled to the skies, so they're clearly passé. Time for Neogene Park, featuring everyone's favorite mammals, such as the Archeotherium or the Paraceratherium.

I'm not talking about fairness, I'm talking about entertainment. Nobody was tuning in for planet of the bacteria.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Elaborate conspiracy theories based around video artifacts making the right honorable Komodus Rex look snoutless and pink.

For a minute there I confused Komodus Rex with Moorkus Rex and now I want a Hollywood adaptation of Lost Eden.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rough Lobster posted:

How dare they try to turn that bidepal killing machine into a... bipedal killing machine.

One that honestly wouldn't be that useful.

Like there is nothing a raptor can do that a guy with a gun couldn't do better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

One that honestly wouldn't be that useful.

They can jump like a motherfucker, can't they?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Skwirl posted:

They can jump like a motherfucker, can't they?

They also get their poo poo wrecked by 12 year old gymnasts.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AceOfFlames posted:

For a minute there I confused Komodus Rex with Moorkus Rex and now I want a Hollywood adaptation of Lost Eden.

I've got a better Rex

https://youtu.be/dY7gsUL9Xkk

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Davros1 posted:

A planet of lizard people, aliens come to visit under the guise of friendship. They look just like the lizard people, but it turns out underneath, they're humans!

Jurassic Park only it's about the staff and guests realizing that they're automatons trapped in a future theme park where dinosaurs go to live out their fantasies of escaping and killing humans.

I call it...Jurassic ParkWorld

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
that scene in the first Jurassic Park where the egg hatches? It's like that, but with the moon.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The moon hatching is the plot of Dead Space 3, as I recall.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

That scene in the first jurassic park where laura dern is up to her elbowns in dino poop? But with a raptor and a mountain of cocaine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A charming family comedy where Blue, Rexie, and a forgotten third Indominus hatchling who's imprinted on them as her parents all have to navigate the trials and tribulations of a mixed-species family in a human's world.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

A movie where it's revealed that the humans were the exhibits and the dines were the customers all along!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Dinosaurs aren't real and fossil records are fake. We are just another layer of Jusrrassic Park

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A financial disaster movie where the dinosaurs keep re-evolving into birds and flying away which forces the park to close.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Turns out Jurassic World was just Chapter 2 in The Book of Henry

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

CharlestheHammer posted:

But what if the raptor had a gun

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

got any sevens posted:

Unless they're stopped now, this will become a planet...of dinosaurs.
One of the more disheartening things I've been told about from my friend who is a curator of vert paleontology is how dinosaurs of the massive size like sauropods could not be able to exist on present day earth due to O2 levels on earth being way lower today compared to the Mesozoic (also plant's were way more nutrient rich due to greenhouse environment of Earth back then)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

achillesforever6 posted:

dinosaurs of the massive size like sauropods could not be able to exist on present day earth due to O2 levels on earth being way lower today compared to the Mesozoic
Also a reason why enormous dragonfly monsters can't exist.

Insect passive respiration really blew my mind in Bio class.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Godzilla, however, is total science fact. Do not dispute me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Godzilla is powered by radiation so it totally checks out.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

GrandpaPants posted:

But what if the raptor had a gun

What if the raptor was a gun?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Mankind was not made to play God!"

"No.....we were made to play Gun."

*transforms into raptor-sized gun, is picked up by Blue*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

"Mankind was not made to play God!"

"No.....we were made to play Gun."

*transforms into raptor-sized gun, is picked up by Blue*

We're through the looking glass here, people ...

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Turns out Jurassic World was just Chapter 2 in The Book of Henry

I think someone just said this.

Also that movie didn't get enough love and some creepo described it as Sarah Silverman rapes a young boy instead of, she gently plants a kiss on a boy dying of cancer and it's actually sweet and if the boy had any prurient interest in Sarah's character (he doesn't and is convinced she's an alkie) that would have been pretty hot cuz it's Sarah.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ChickenMedium posted:

What if the raptor was a gun?

It's like Transformers but instead of robots they're dinosaurs!

...hmm.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

It's like Transformers but instead of robots they're dinosaurs!

...hmm.

Some kind of....Robosaurs.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Westworld but instead of robots they are dinosaurs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

And instead of robots, they're genetically engineered creatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's kind of cool that we still don't know what Westworld 3.0 is gonna be.

They hinted that it might be Samurai World but nobody spoil this for me cuz it'll be good either way.

And it was a genius move to not specify what the world outside was.

• Locked thread