Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Memento posted:

That's old person music.

:colbert:

NEAL FINN AND CROWDED HOUSE ARE TIMLESS

They are a gift from the Gods of Music who landed in NZ instead of the US by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Memento posted:

That's old person music.

Riptide by Vance Joy is what you want to go with.

I have literally no idea who that is but I'm also 3..5? yeah. 35.

Based on the projected life span of my generation I'm probably middleaged. ugh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Proteus Jones posted:

:colbert:

NEAL FINN AND CROWDED HOUSE ARE TIMLESS

They are a gift from the Gods of Music who landed in NZ instead of the US by mistake.

I didn't say they were bad, I said they were old person music.

They're still in my regular road-trip playlist.

Because I'm old.

edit:

Don Dongington posted:

I have literally no idea who that is but I'm also 3..5? yeah. 35.

Based on the projected life span of my generation I'm probably middleaged. ugh.

I only have exposure to them because I take groups of university students on field trips 2-3 times a year. Riptide was the biggest song of 2014 by a very, very wide margin.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Memento posted:

I didn't say they were bad, I said they were old person music.

They're still in my regular road-trip playlist.

Because I'm old.

edit:

I only have exposure to them because I take groups of university students on field trips 2-3 times a year. Riptide was the biggest song of 2014 by a very, very wide margin.

Oh yes Lady Dongington listens to this stuff

TBH it sounds too much like the generic swill Richard Kingsmill used to shove down everyone's throats before I got spotify and stopped listening to JJJ but that's enough Ausmusic derail for today :P

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Hello Don, it's spooky. Did not expect to see you in AI but hey wow, internet.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Dannywilson posted:

Hello Don, it's spooky. Did not expect to see you in AI but hey wow, internet.

Sup, you Alaskan Adonis you.

Also AI is where I threadshit the most, keep up!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dick, you should seriously try these shorts for working and poo poo.

https://www.blaklader.ca/en/product/16401380-heavy-worker-shorts#16474

I have a pair that I wear pretty much every day in the summer working, they get washed once a week. They are comfortable, durable as gently caress, and lots of random pockets and poo poo. The flappy pockets are pretty goddam good too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I misread that as Blackadder and was sorely dissapointed.

Also I just got legit out smarted by a ten year old

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kid keeps making a toy car dirt track that SOMEBODY keeps shuffling their feet while running through. And i keep denying it as he pushes me out of the play area. So he told the owner and i was like this is slander, he says look his feet are dirty and i say yeah im not wearing shoes. So he says just tell him to stop and she does and i say okay fiiiine. And kid goes SEE HE ADMITS IT BECAUSE IF HE DIDNT DO IT HOW COULD HE STOP

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now the 5 or 6 year old girl whos staying with her parents ran up to me with her mom and said very matter of factly "you're acting very normal today, thank you for keeping all of my secrets" and ran off and i have no loving clue. But that feels ominous.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Kid keeps making a toy car dirt track that SOMEBODY keeps shuffling their feet while running through.  And i keep denying it as he pushes me out of the play area.  So he told the owner and i was like this is slander, he says look his feet are dirty and i say yeah im not wearing shoes.  So he says just tell him to stop and she does and i say okay fiiiine. And kid goes SEE HE ADMITS IT BECAUSE IF HE DIDNT DO IT HOW COULD HE STOP

rekt

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Dick chat:
Just got off the phone with J-Daddy for our traditional Thanksgiving check-in, and he wanted to know how 14 was doing. Guess you're family now too :getin:

He was baffled by the fact you got run off by cops, usually they're chill about hobos in KW. You were on Stock Island last he heard, and his theory was maybe you just got the bored cop looking to compensate for his less-than-14" dick. He was very sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Anyways, sorry KW didn't work out, but J-Dad is still thinking of you (me too!), and was happy to hear my report that you're alive and well in Homestead, with a job and boarding and a swank-rear end pool. As a NASCAR fan and former stock racer, he immensely enjoyed hearing about you getting tipped to photo a pit chick in a bikini. He, and I, are very much chuffed at how things are going for you.

Boot chat:
Carolina 959 fo lyfe

(Okay, they're made by HH now, but still the only boot I've bought for the past 25 years. And that's only 3 pairs over 25 years, and my current ones probably have another 3, 4 years to go)

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I'm thankful for this thread, which gives my black heart some hope that there is genuine goodness and fairness in this universe.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 23, 2017

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Oh poo poo, someone else who does a side-zip proper boot with a lug sole. I've been wearing the Corcoran version of that for 15 years now.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
14 always struck me as a surplus para boots man.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hell I don't know what size Dave's feet are but I have a pair of pristine MKIII Canadian Forces combat boots in size 12 that have never been worn

(these are the boots that were rejected by the British army for insufficient ankle support)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

mekilljoydammit posted:

Oh poo poo, someone else who does a side-zip proper boot with a lug sole. I've been wearing the Corcoran version of that for 15 years now.

poo poo, your post made me realize I didn't get an accurate pic. My soles are like this:

Works on most terrain, but fair warning: you will absolutely eat rear end walking on wet linoleum/tile in 'em. :iiam:

Great otherwise, though. Even with the side zipper, I once got out of a car and stepped immediately into a 6 inch icy slush puddle hiding next to the curb, and my foot was still toasty and dry.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

JacquelineDempsey posted:

absolutely eat rear end

:q:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The ten year old is now gathering up all the other kids and showing them to me and telling them to keep an eye on me because im the track destroyer

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He's also doing the v fingers eye on you point when he walks by, swear to god

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This fukken kid

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Congrats on your new nemesis!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like this kid needs an atomic wedgie.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sounds like you need to build them an awesome dirt track and then wreck it.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Huh, blåkläder made it across the pond? Weird, I though they were local.

It's quite literally blue collar clothes : Blå [blaw] = blue, kläder [kle:d'r] = clothes.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like this kid needs an atomic wedgie.

And then hock a loogie down inside his drawers to add insult to injury.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Happy Thanksgiving d00d

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Happy Thanksgiving d00d

dave turns around yet again :) Happy Thanksgiving.. you eating gator bites or whatever it is you eat in a florida hostel in the keys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's probably the kid from earlier.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I'm the delicious meat juice spilling off the plate

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Computer viking posted:

Huh, blåkläder made it across the pond? Weird, I though they were local.

It's quite literally blue collar clothes : Blå [blaw] = blue, kläder [kle:d'r] = clothes.

Yeah, the shorts are the poo poo. I like them better than Carhartts.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Man that's awesome, I'm so happy you found this place and had a great thanksgiving. It's just so loving WHOLESOME YEAAAH! :toot:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That was some great looking food you had there! Looking good for you, grats on finding a good place that welcomes you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ive created a monster. Kid keeps taking my phone out of my hands and running with it, and he throws chairs and obstacles into my path as he runs

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
THE LITTLE poo poo HAS TEAMED UP WITH THE FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL TO HIDE MY BEER WHILE IM CHASING DOWN MY PHONE

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sounds like you made it to the miniboss fight for the Florida level.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Midjack posted:

miniboss

Boooooo

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
time to set up snare traps

I take it back.