Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Can't you just wear sweat pants or something?

Might as well wear a skirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think I'm going to focus on chest for a few months. Needs help to stay ahead of xmas gut.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
blastin my shoulders is my most fav thing

:feelsgood:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Same

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

as far as "feeling myself up after a workout" I much prefer shoulders to biceps :madmax:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

I don't understand wearing trousers to train. If you're not wearing shorts to work out then you better be naked.

Full length tights are fine as long as you're wearing shorts over them.

You can also wear them without the shorts if you want.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

as far as "feeling myself up after a workout" I much prefer shoulders to biceps :madmax:

I'm a big fan of a solid back + rear delt + bicep workout for the full rear bicep "pop"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

sassassin posted:

I don't understand wearing trousers to train. If you're not wearing shorts to work out then you better be naked.

Full length tights are fine as long as you're wearing shorts over them.

fite me irl

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MikeCrotch posted:

fite me irl

Shorts, tights or naked?

Those are the only 3 acceptable options.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
People fight with clothes on?!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

sassassin posted:

You ashamed of your legs or something?

I work out alone in my basement. There is no one to impress.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Don't you get too hot wearing so much? Are you one of these dudes that wears a big thick hoodie to train (and stinks because it's the same one every time and he can't possibly wash it often enough)?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just a t-shirt and thin sweat pants on deadlift day. Shorts on all other days.

I'm actually lifting in my boxers right now.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

People fight with clothes on?!

We live in a fallen age.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Or the dudes who wear a hoodie for the first 10 minutes until they get enough pump to take it off to reveal a sick stringlet

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
It stays pretty chilly in my gym during the winter so spandex or regular track pants feel fine to me. During the summer I do tend to wear shorts and just let the bar have it's way with my legs. It only sort of scrapes so it's not too bad.

Speaking of deadlifts, I've recently started squatting/deadlifting/romanian deadlifting pretty regular again and my lower back has been tight as crap. I went yesterday and doing squats actually made it feel better so I'm thinking this is just an adjustment period to get used to it rather than some new injury to deal with. I should probably get a form check on those, I suspect it was the romanian deadlifts that gave me the back tightness.

edit; About to head to gym. Today is OHP for 115x1+. I feel like I'll be lucky to even get 4, ughh e: 115 is my TM, so my 1+ was actually 110 and I only got 5. dang.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 24, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sludge Tank posted:

Or the dudes who wear a hoodie for the first 10 minutes until they get enough pump to take it off to reveal a sick stringlet

Saw a dude at the gym the other day who kept his hoodie up his whole workout. wtf.

He also brought his own rings to attach to the power rack for pushups but I don't know if that's cool or not.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There's a kid at mine who wears his hoodie the whole time with his Beats going over the hood.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I saw a real skinny kid once with the most enormous imaginary lats in the world with XXXL NRL hoodie with tge cutest little velcro belt on, backwards can and straps on doing curls. I wish id taken a photo it was the most hilarious thing ive seen in a gym

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Just yesterday I saw a dude with his pants up to above his navel, almost at chest level. I think he might have had autism or some other retardation though

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Fartbox posted:

Just yesterday I saw a dude with his pants up to above his navel, almost at chest level. I think he might have had autism or some other retardation though

I like working out in front of a mirror too.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Good Dog posted:

I like working out in front of a mirror too.

:drat:

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
lmao. I like to wear super thin short shorts when I deadlift and squat so I can peep my sexi thighs and booty. I don't care if its cold in the gym, I'll never wear a hoody or anything while I lift. The pump must be seen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If it's cold in the gym I might keep a layer on for a warmup set or two but then I'm not cold anymore so I whip it out

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
The other day a kid who was squatting while wearing a hoodie admitted to his friend that he wears it with the hood down so the bar doesn't hurt his neck / back. He doesn't want to use the bar pad, you see, because then he'd look like a pussy.

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Just lol if you're not doing rear end-to-grass squats in a banana hammock

if your dick and balls don't graze the ground, the rep doesn't count

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

my shins made my friends facebook a few nights ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
clean your bong

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
its a friends ill let her know for u

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

mines worse lo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Some slick rear end humblebragging going on itt.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

thanks its been a good week for me if u know what i mean

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

developed some kind of quad tendonitis in one knee from going to heavy on squats the other week. it had been years of safe lifting, but at least it's not my spine this time

time to focus on all upper body and hope that the knee magically heals in a few weeks. alternatively: I'll keep injuring it until it's chronic and I'm hosed for life

anonymous online comments suggest that deadlifting might still be ok... can anyone comment on that?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

nope, they use your knees let that poo poo heal

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

after its better do extra calf stuff

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

my first thought was actually "at least it's not my shoulder/upper body" because what would be the point in living at that point??

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

none man... none at all

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Dangit..... :(

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I saw a guy warm up to his pump in a hoodie, took it off to reveal a sick tank top, worked up more of a pump then took that off to put one of those stupid loving stringlets with the gaping arm holez to reveal sick lats

gently caress i hate gym cuckture

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank posted:

I saw a guy warm up to his pump in a hoodie, took it off to reveal a sick tank top, worked up more of a pump then took that off to put one of those stupid loving stringlets with the gaping arm holez to reveal sick lats

gently caress i hate gym cuckture

Well now I know we train at the same gym.

Say hello next time, buddy. Don't be shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Review of my gym

quote:

Psst hey kid... Wanna do some weights? DONT EVEN THINK about doing anything other than gingerly setting the weights down IN ABSOLUTE SILENCE and if you even dare so much as make the slightest sound when you put them down again then expect to be harassed by the staff or even banned for it. IF YOU CANT PUT IT DOWN WOTHOUT MAKING A SOUND THEN YOU SHOULDNT BE LIFTING IT. I'm sorry I didn't realise this was a library.

Seems the staff are employed mainly to harass people for using weights (even the guys using the Olympic lifting platforms, which are actually DESIGNED to absorb heavy impact) as opposed to making the endless parade of chads and schoolkids who trash the place by leaving weights everywhere or stinking up the place with their absolutely disgraceful standard of personal hygiene actually leave the place in a semi respectable condition.. Oh hey kid i wanna use that bench- oh never mind it's still soaking in your pubescent a$$ sweat. all good. No wukkas fam. I'll just put your 250kg worth of plates away, shall I? Seeing as you've gone to the disabled toilets with your bro to take photos of each other and who knows what other kinds of weird anabolic tomfoolery.

Or the personal trainers who teach absolutely terrible form. I'm sorry but how some (but not all) of you are allowed to train paying clients is deeply concerning. And that's not just my own opinion.

Also the excruciatingly mind numbing music. The same 10 songs of the most cringeworthy pop chart top 20 trash that nobody actually enjoys and serves only to induce rage and hatred played on repeat every. Single. Day.. you'd think a place with a membership of regulars might want to mix things up a bit. Nope. Gotta maintain that status quo and ensure everyone is in a coma. You'd be better off with no music at all, seeing as you're going for the TOTAL SILENCE thing.
. Nothing motivates me more than the milennial music equivalent of terminal leukaemia.

It's absolutely laughable that this gym would would title itself "best gym in hobart" or whatever the hell that backwards "award" was. Seems this gym caters mainly to a demographic of potatoes and selfie-obsessed mirror junkies. Have a look at the zap mega tag on instagram and check the ratio of mirror selfies to people actually doing training.

Anyone who actually takes any kind of strength training seriously should just avoid this place like the plague less you want to be villified for trying to actually exert yourself. Terrible business model, disinterested and bottom-tier PT's, horrible atmosphere, cringe worthy culture of juiced up meatheads in stupid stringlets (should be banned) and sadly pretty good facilities that you really cant use without being made to feel guilty or in some cases even banned. And then turn around and see one of the PT's showing a client how to drop weights exactly like you were just doing.
Honestly you might as well just remove all the dumbbells and barbells and have the place dedicated entirely to treadmills and mirrors because any kind of enthusiasm to weights training seems strongly discouraged. Well done.
*** serves mostly as a venue for instagram selfies and a reminder that the general population is composed of people who should just be deleted from existence. Brb going to kms.