Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

How common is an in-conference move for a coach out of curiosity? I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened a ton.

Tuberville coached Ole Miss and then Auburn. Nutt went from Arky to Ole Miss.

If we aren't counting direct moves, Spurrier coached UF and USC. Saban LSU and Bama. Muschamp UF and USC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Steve Sarkisian's another one from Washington to USC.

Hmmm, none of these examples have worked out yet. Although I believe Mullen would be an absolutely great hire for Tennessee if they could make it happen.

vv--Yeah but Saban's a cheat code. You're right that Muschamp might be a good thing for South Carolina which is amazing to even think about.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 23, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Steve Sarkisian's another one from Washington to USC.

Hmmm, none of these examples have worked out yet. Although I believe Mullen would be an absolutely great hire for Tennessee if they could make it happen.

Saban worked pretty well. Muschamp is doing better at USC than he did Florida.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Were those guys fired or hired away? I know Saban wasn't and Muschamp was but I'm too lazy to look up the rest.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Were those guys fired or hired away? I know Saban wasn't and Muschamp was but I'm too lazy to look up the rest.

Tuberville straight-up departed for Auburn. Nutt resigned then popped up at Ole Miss within a month or so.

Spurrier resigned-->Redskins-->South Carolina.

Sarkisian directly departed Washington for USC with no firing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So there's precedent and it's not crazy to think that Mullen would want to leave Starkville for Knoxville. There's also apparently no buyout so he'd be 'cheap' (comparatively to the $70 million Gruden figure that was thrown around)

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

Everyone had already spent like 400 posts explaining why you are insane and delusional for continuing to push the idea that Rutgers is anything but one of the worst P5 teams historically, I don’t think anyone really needs to read it again. Congrats on owing the Pat league for a few years, everyone is very impressed

If you mean people refusing to actually look at the numbers and not constructing arguments. Schiano is a really bad gameday coach who is wildly overrated on the field, and you can quote this post after his inevitable failure at Tennessee just like you can go back and find me wildly laughing about the Butch Jones hire.

Randaconda posted:

"Facts"

"Guys, it's totally fact that Rutgers hasn't been a basement dweller for the modern football era!"

You know that Google exists right.

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is when he tells you to google them and then ignores when the results disprove his point.

They don't. Look them up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

If you mean people refusing to actually look at the numbers and not constructing arguments. Schiano is a really bad gameday coach who is wildly overrated on the field, and you can quote this post after his inevitable failure at Tennessee just like you can go back and find me wildly laughing about the Butch Jones hire.

They get looked up and posted literally every time this discussion happens and inevitably prove that Rutgers sucks rear end by any reasonable standard. Your posting is a vicious Rutgers football induced cycle.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Post the data

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could see Mullen wanting to go to Tennessee if only because it would probably be easier to recruit there than Miss State, and as of right now, UGA is the team in the way of running away with the east, though its just one year of us being good so who knows if that is a lasting thing or a fluke of this season.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kim Jong Il posted:

Yes? And it shows they've been mediocre at best, off and on, and loving terrible the rest? I mean, unless some other site has the numerous major bowl wins, defeats of top ten opponents, and high end of season rankings.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

I could see Mullen wanting to go to Tennessee if only because it would probably be easier to recruit there than Miss State, and as of right now, UGA is the team in the way of running away with the east, though its just one year of us being good so who knows if that is a lasting thing or a fluke of this season.

I legit hope y'all can stay good and UT and UF get back to where we/they've been. The SEC east is way more fun when it gets to the end of the season and it's a three way tie and you have to do all kinds of crazy math to figure out who is gonna be in the SEC Championship.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Yes? And it shows they've been mediocre at best, off and on, and loving terrible the rest? I mean, unless some other site has the numerous major bowl wins, defeats of top ten opponents, and high end of season rankings.

actually i think you'll find that they have several undefeated season as recently as the 1970s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

LeeMajors posted:

Nutt resigned then popped up at Ole Miss within a month or so.

He signed a contract with Ole Miss around 5 hours after he quit at Arkansas. And now he might be our next AD :negative:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Grittybeard posted:

How common is an in-conference move for a coach out of curiosity? I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head but I'm sure it has happened a ton.

Its fairly common in the SEC. It’s really incestuous there. Also they steal each other’s coaches.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

He signed a contract with Ole Miss around 5 hours after he quit at Arkansas. And now he might be our next AD :negative:

Was it that fast? drat. I guess it was 10 years ago so :corsair:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Post the stats that prove this, as like I said I looked them up and they do not seem to support your argument in any reasonable way.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shut the gently caress up about Rutgers, take off your pants and get comfortable

quote:

According to ESPN's Chris Low, Lane Kiffin would be "on board" if Tennessee called him about their coaching vacancy.

We are all here for this kind of chaos. Kiffin coached the Vols for the 2009 season, between his stops with the Raiders and USC. It did not end well, as Tennessee fans acted ridiculous upon his departure. Kiffin's first season with FAU has been impressive, but it remains to be seen if it is a "one and done" situation with Kiffin and the Owls.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Shut the gently caress up about Rutgers, take off your pants and get comfortable

Do you honestly think the Vols would take him back?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IT'S TIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAsxnRaTAg

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If Florida whiffs on kelly and frost, bring me Lane Kiffin. If this is going to be a shitshow let’s at least make it a memorable and entertaining one.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nachos posted:

If Florida whiffs on kelly and frost, bring me Lane Kiffin. If this is going to be a shitshow let’s at least make it a memorable and entertaining one.

If I'm going down I want it to be spectacular

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In the current “me too” climate I’m not sure why you’d bring kiffin to Gainesville.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Kiffin to Tennessee is by far is the best solution for Kiffin and for a school that has been a poo poo show since Fulmer. It is a story of second chances and redemption. That said the boosters are still pissed at Kiffin and rumor is Currie (who worked in the AD at the time) advise against him back when we was hired. Honestly if you can’t get someone Frost level or above, go with Kiffin.

If it did happen the contract would have largest buyout in history.

Edit: that said rumor from local media is Tennessee will announced a head coach next week.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 23, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Tuberville straight-up departed for Auburn. Nutt resigned then popped up at Ole Miss within a month or so.

Spurrier resigned-->Redskins-->South Carolina.

Sarkisian directly departed Washington for USC with no firing.

Tuberville was the best. He got super pissy in a press conference after the Auburn rumors popped up, insisted that they’d have to carry him out of Ole Miss in a pine box, and then immediately took the Auburn job two days later

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Didn't Tuberville literally get up and leave during a team banquet once to take another job?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

skaboomizzy posted:

Didn't Tuberville literally get up and leave during a team banquet once to take another job?

It was somehow worse?

He was taking some recruits to dinner, excused himself to go to the bathroom and never came back. I assume the kids got reimbursed for the bill eventually.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

skaboomizzy posted:

Texas Tech—->Cincinnati

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Give me Kiffy back

I want da swag

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
At this point I might be okay with Kiffin coming back to Tennessee. At least it wouldn’t be boring.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I thought I'd enjoy seeing Vols with battered housewife syndrome, but I really don't.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Fellow Vol fans join me in posting about how you are Horny for Chris Petersen #HornyForPetersen

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Fellow Vol fans join me in posting about how you are Horny for Chris Petersen's cummies #HornyForPetersenCummies

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Fellow Vol fans join me in posting about how you are Horny for Chris Petersen #HornyForPetersen

Yesssssss

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Has something new come out?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mutual interest between mike Shula and ole miss :laffo:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Reaction:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

:bisonyes:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Just put all your receivers' legs in casts preemptively and all will be well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

FizFashizzle posted:

Source?

• Locked thread