Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm excited for the total collapse next year after all the workhorse coordinators get poached

You still have a franchise QB for 10 years or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles are probably going to the Super Bowl because it's in loving Minnesota, which is almost as bad as the last time they went and it was in Jacksonville.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I don't know if Schwartz wants to go considering he has total control and a poo poo ton of top tier talent. The coaches on O are pretty deep and Duce is the heir apparent for OC at some point anyway.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Doug Pederson is gonna have a statue built of him in Philly and McNabb won't. What a world.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The thing that's really nice to see with the Eagles is mediocre players performing like good players in tough moments.

Like, Kenjon Barner is not going to pull another toe tap catch like that in his entire career, but someone from the Eagles does something like that every week.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The thing that's really nice to see with the Eagles is mediocre players performing like good players in tough moments.

Like, Kenjon Barner is not going to pull another toe tap catch like that in his entire career, but someone from the Eagles does something like that every week.

The nice thing about that though is that we are not relying on things like that to win games.

Last year our special teams probably won us at least 2 games with blocked punts/returns etc. But this year we are not having to rely on miracle plays to win games. We are just doing things right.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

The nice thing about that though is that we are not relying on things like that to win games.

Last year our special teams probably won us at least 2 games with blocked punts/returns etc. But this year we are not having to rely on miracle plays to win games. We are just doing things right.

It reminds me of New England. Team shuts down everyone, it looks out of hand, suddenly Brady is completing 15 yard passes to Hoomanawanui and Kenbrell Thompkins while Brandon Bolden and James White combine as a powerful 1-2 punch out of the backfield

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jake Elliott has cleared concussion protocol :toot:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Jake Elliott has cleared concussion protocol :toot:

Is that good or bad?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Probably bad when you have an okay kicker who can cover as a linebacker and you're hitting 75% of your 2 pt conversions

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Time for another thread title change

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Time for another thread title change

The NFC East is maybe not a good division

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is Dak currently the worst QB in the division

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Dak the next RG3

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is Dak the next RG3

*eyes slowly widen in terror*

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Dont hurt me no more

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Pederson is the upgraded (v2.0) Reid, so as the division turned to poo poo while letting Andy make playoff runs, so shall it get even worse now

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess the Cowboys don't have to worry about winning the division anymore.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Skins could easily lose tonight. The NFC East is the greatest and dumbest division.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cash Monet posted:

The Skins could easily lose tonight. The NFC East is the greatest and dumbest division.

I expect it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Is Dak currently the worst QB in the division

hell yeah

gently caress the cowboys lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Skins can you please not gently caress this easy game up thank you.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Romo was wasted on the Cowboys, if he left them for a real team before he got Boneitis he would have had an amazing career. Instead he spent his prime on rosters built by Jerry Jones's brain and Johnny Walker Blue Label.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

Romo was wasted on the Cowboys, if he left them for a real team before he got Boneitis he would have had an amazing career. Instead he spent his prime on rosters built by Jerry Jones's brain and Johnny Walker Blue Label.

You'll be typing those same words about Prescott soon enough

e: Lol

https://twitter.com/CowboysNation/status/933875439260618753

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 24, 2017

DollyDagger
Dec 31, 2007
I just found out today that Dak's real name is Rayne Dakota Prescott - RDP

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

this is pathetic

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

this is pathetic

It's not meant to be serious, if that's your interpretation of it

but I agree, the team trotted out the past three games *is* pathetic

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
On the bright side, Dallas has an awesome RB, and they usually last around 4 or 5 years.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
As a long time resident of Dallas I must say:

gently caress the cowboys

There were a ton of eagles fan at my local bar last weekend and they were all super cool and only Dallas locals were trying to start poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As a Cowboys fan I really can't stand most of the cowboys nation in DFW. I really try to be even keel most of the time about the team, and any success is so quickly overblown by the area.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
As a Dallas native, it's always nice when the cowboys lose and everyone here collectively starts flipping their poo poo over nothing.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I am not from Dallas but I find the typical Dallas fan super annoying and ignorant, like the Uber driver who told me they need to fire Jason Garret (yes) and replace him with Bill Cowher ( :wtc: ) and that Aaron Rodgers isn't good because his receivers get too open ( :gonk: )

Y'all in TFF are cool though, wish everyone could be smart and funny and cool like us. I am glad we have the NFC East thread to hang out in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There two types of fans in the NFC East.

Those who have hope, and those who know they are in the NFC East.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Man I knew Dak wasn't as good as last year looked but holy poo poo did I not anticipate this.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I don’t really pay enough attention to other teams. Is there any other division that has such a high rate of clownball games or are we just blessed?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I don’t really pay enough attention to other teams. Is there any other division that has such a high rate of clownball games or are we just blessed?

In general, almost certainly

On primetime/aired nationally, not even close

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

AFC:S might be a contender, NFC:S a few years ago was a good shout but i think we are still in front with a bullet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's all the prime time games and us drinking all day watching them on Sunday that makes it look more common.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cowboys are real bad, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HatfulOfHollow posted:

AFC West seems to be heading there. AFC South was historically a clusterfuck. AFC East outside of the Patriots, but for overall dumbfuckery I don't think you can beat the NFC East.

• Locked thread