Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtW12RjtStM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

happyhippy posted:

Jesus this is cringe.
The inane chat inbetween 'loading' is loving depressing.
Atm Lando is raging on Beauty and the Beast.
I wish he was more passionate about making SC work.

the bans where flying fast when he was talking about EA/SC and lootboxes.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/934038083531624448
https://twitter.com/GazgamerUk1/status/933740244255592448
https://twitter.com/Rayfighter43/status/934009168188661760
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/934040823754383360

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Nicholas posted:

so 3.0 is only available to people who sub? can i say i called it?

No, this policy is over a year old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4kgj0r/psa_you_can_get_into_the_ptu_as_new_subscriber/

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The SC website is still down?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Best 3.0 vid so far. :)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Milky Moor posted:

The SC website is still down?

Lot of people buying back in today.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

This is the realization of the dream. 3.0 is here boys.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

*SALE SALE SALE*

<Price goes up $50>

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7f8kcs/carrack_reclaimer_and_hull_c_up_50/?st=jaee7sz6&sh=99c227ef

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

Lot of people buying back in today.

Surely not.

I mean, I don't know why I'm surprised, but surely not.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Now that their usual outlet is out of order, Dr. Smart's fanbase found another way to celebrate him daily.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hahahahaha

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Abuminable posted:

From today's video about the bounty hunting profession:

They've been talking about this horribly immersive prisoner gameplay for years. I'm guessing it made the list of things Chris legally promised for his MVP.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Dead

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:gary:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
holy poo poo, just found out a friend mods Badnewsbarons chat. lol

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Yeeees! Feed it!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

MilesK posted:

They've been talking about this horribly immersive prisoner game player for years. I'm guessing it made the list of things Chris legally promised for his MVP.

Sure, but going to in-game prison shouldn't be more fun than the core game :lol:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZiAOXdPuQ

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Abuminable posted:

Sure, but going to in-game prison shouldn't be more fun than the core game :lol:

Yes at least break some rocks and the soap joke in the shower is gameplay.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The nogame looks ugly as gently caress. It's strange because that's the only thing they had, detailed graphics.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

happyhippy posted:

Jesus this is cringe.
The inane chat inbetween 'loading' is loving depressing.
Atm Lando is raging on Beauty and the Beast.

Earlier he was talking about how loot crates aren't really gambling as long as the stuff you get out of them is only cosmetic. Also, video games are one of the few mediums where prices for AAA games, like Wing Commander, haven't changed since the 90s so developers have to find new ways of making revenue. Flaming hot takes from a database smeg remover.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

lol holy gently caress

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I'm gonna miss them. It's like seeing your delinquent teenager going off to juvenile jail. :allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I knew this trainwreck had a year or two left in the tank.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

happyhippy posted:

What does he even do besides look homeless on camera? Is he involved in the game's development at all?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The whole "only cosmetic" thing is such a wonderful bit of psychology. The game design clearly understands you want it, and will take pleasure from the good ones.

And what is the entire point of a game? To take pleasure in it. Oh but it's only gambling if the thing you have fun with is arbitrarily defined as a specific element within the meaningless game you're playing. It's neatly defining "the game" as only a component of the gaming experience.

Zzr posted:

The nogame looks ugly as gently caress. It's strange because that's the only thing they had, detailed graphics.
All the polygons in the world can't fix broken pixel brain's vision to something attractive

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:
:five::five::five:

----------------

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Abuminable posted:

That's like just your opinion dude. Don't kink shame.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Where's them diverse and lush landscapes demoed in earlier Citizencons? I just see bland sand and random pebbles.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
:laffo: These are some seriously broken-brained wankers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FailedGamedevs/comments/7f3xcs/a_suggestion_to_all_my_fellow_sc_backers/dqacjjv/

quote:

Meh, IDK. According to that attitude of yours at least. 3.0 is definitely a giant step compared to 2.6.3, especially having in mind that the servers now have to make account for planets, and still it gives way better FPS than 2.6, but it´s still far from perfect quality.
Having that in mind, and your mindset, I think that 3.2 should be the Smart-killer. Then again, there are no versions anymore but quarterly updates, so...
IMO, 3.0 PTU is still enough :)

----------------

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

Moving goalposts are a trademark of Star Citizen Backers...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

:five:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/91Ilzmz.mp4

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 24, 2017

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Fangrim posted:

Moving goalposts are a trademark of Star Citizen Backers...

The pach they're looking forward to is always current patch +2. Because they KNOW that the game is currently hosed beyond belief and it's gonna take more than one iteration to get it right, but they also know that gaming glory is just around the corner.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pantsbird posted:

I was watching WFTOsaurus the other day and, honest to God, I didn't know that the Twitch streamers can see the comments on the right side (I thought it was just for spectators to chat in, and that the streamers got their questions and comments through a different system).

So I asked in the chat 'how much do these internet beggars get paid?' Then WTFO makes a disgusted face and tells me to gently caress off, and bans me. I almost fell out of my chair, I was so surprised the man in the TV had suddenly said my name. Like imagine if you were watching Oprah and Oprah looked at you from out of the screen and spoke at you directly.

He looked sad for the rest of the stream. I hope it wasn't because what I said. :smith:

You have done a great service.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Abuminable posted:

From today's video about the bounty hunting profession:

quote:

What we'll be doing in the future is releasing bounty hunting mechanics that will be focused on, uhh, subduing the player or actually, umm, when you kill them and getting, umm, payment back [hard edit] In the future when you subdue a player, the idea would be that you would take their body, umm, put them into the cargo hold or into the, the stasis, umm, containers that we have and then, uhh, basically deliver them to the Advocacy Office for your payment and that payment will be different than if you actually kill them and then, uhh, return them that way.

So, if a player is captured, umm, and then they are taken back to the Advocacy Office, the idea would be that you are waking up inside a prison and at that point you will have to serve your time. So whether that is, uhh, breaking rocks or doing other menial tasks around the prison, umm, then you'll have to do that or you can risk, uhh, actual jail break, and, uhh, if you and your friends want to try to break yourself out and then from there you'll continue as a wanted man.

There is no way this could possibly be abused; definitely put this in the game.

That way all of the good pilots can put goonie goons in prison forever!

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Codezombie posted:

WTF!
10k is a really nice motorbike, which you can actually use, and only crashes if someone else is not looking where they are going, and smashes into that back of you. Like someone did to me last night... :bang:

what you riding codezombie? also get on Discord so we can trade lewd bike Screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006