Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

This has been right about things in the past, but grain of salt and all that:

than

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
poor chalrie strong just got a raw deal at texas why dont you snap him up florida he did great things at louisville

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I want Chip Kelly at Florida. I don't want Chip Kelly at UCLA, that's actually the worst thing, don't do it UCLA.

I want to watch Chip Kelly destroy defenses, but not my teams defense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rod Christmas!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I want Chip Kelly at Florida. I don't want Chip Kelly at UCLA, that's actually the worst thing, don't do it UCLA.

I want to watch Chip Kelly destroy defenses, but not my teams defense.

UCLA autorecruits a top 3 for the conference class every year at worst no matter how bad the coach is or how little he cares about recruiting. I mean just having a coach of base competence is OP, this is extremely bad and unfair.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/onlygators/status/934170488213049344

quote:

4:04 p.m.: ESPN reports that Florida is planning to meet with UCF head coach Scott Frost “this weekend” and also has Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen and Oregon’s Willie Taggart … along with West Virginia’s Dana Holgorsen and Washington State’s Mike Leach as candidates.

Sign me up for Mike Leach if Frost and Mullen fall through.

I love him

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Isn’t leach a lunatic

I’m sold

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Let's throw in a free set of rollerblades for Leach.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bring me mother fuckin Mike Leach

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nachos posted:

Isn’t leach a lunatic

I’m sold

Some reporter asked for marriage/wedding advice and his answer took over 3 mins

https://twitter.com/wsucougfb/status/933139355979231232

Also he's been accused of being abusive to players and one time he locked a kid in a shed or something

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That was pretty obviously a BS charge by an angry ESPN talking head

He is a weird dude

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

That was pretty obviously a BS charge by an angry ESPN talking head

He is a weird dude

Even beyond that he’s pretty irritating to work with from what i gather. I’m convinced part of the reason he pops up in coaching rumors all the time is that the beat writers who cover him desperately want to get rid of him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Even beyond that he’s pretty irritating to work with from what i gather. I’m convinced part of the reason he pops up in coaching rumors all the time is that the beat writers who cover him desperately want to get rid of him.

Sounds like fake news

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rick posted:

UCLA autorecruits a top 3 for the conference class every year at worst no matter how bad the coach is or how little he cares about recruiting. I mean just having a coach of base competence is OP, this is extremely bad and unfair.
Luckily for everyone, UCLA doesn't care about football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/24/chip-kelly-no-longer-candidate-opening-florida/893402001/

This story says that UCLA's Under Armour deal is actually an issue for Chip and it is not a given that he will take that job

Probably a leverage thing but lol if true

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm surprised they don't just poo poo can Taggart and bring Chip back

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

I'm surprised they don't just poo poo can Taggart and bring Chip back

I'd imagine there are probably some hard feelings there.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Ehud posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/11/24/chip-kelly-no-longer-candidate-opening-florida/893402001/

This story says that UCLA's Under Armour deal is actually an issue for Chip and it is not a given that he will take that job

This is even dumber than not hiring chip because of randy shannon. If there’s one thing I’ve learned following this whole fiasco it’s that apparently every single head coaching job in America is a perfect fit on both sides because that’s what it takes to come to a god drat agreement.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Ehud posted:

This plus the Randy Shannon thing have to be bullshit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri was one week away from having three coaches be fired the day after losing to them this year. Georgia barely beat us to McElwain.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bielema is officially out at Arkansas

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chaoslord posted:

Really feel like Nebraska can talk themselves into this if Frost turns them down

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

chaoslord posted:

how many people are tweeting #karma at him and his wife right now?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
RIP Bert, you weren't very good but you never deserved all the hate TFF had for you for some dumb reason

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

chaoslord posted:

bye felicia

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

They get looked up and posted literally every time this discussion happens and inevitably prove that Rutgers sucks rear end by any reasonable standard. Your posting is a vicious Rutgers football induced cycle.

Literally everything you said is wrong.

Randaconda posted:

Yes? And it shows they've been mediocre at best, off and on, and loving terrible the rest? I mean, unless some other site has the numerous major bowl wins, defeats of top ten opponents, and high end of season rankings.

My point is that they've been mediocre by norm, that's what the actual data shows. So Schiano really didn't accomplish that much on the field. He was really good at recruiting and developing players, and then kept losing games to inferior teams. I've never said they were world beaters, just that everyone who claims they're historically awful is wrong.

Flood was not a significant downgrade from Schiano on the field. It's off the field where he was probably the worst program administrator in the history of time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Off the field is like 60-70% of the job, how can someone follow CFB and not understand this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

Bye Bye Bertie

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bert dead so what

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

MourningView posted:

Really feel like Nebraska can talk themselves into this if Frost turns them down

gently caress no

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/934215682618806272

quote:

Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report notes tonight his source tells him Scott Frost to Nebraska is a done deal. Anderson holds himself out as having deep connections to Nebraska. For what it is worth, sources tell FootballScoop Florida officials feel very confident in their ability to secure Frost as their next head coach.

Someone about to be real sad

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Kim Jong Il posted:

Literally everything you said is wrong.

My point is that they've been mediocre by norm, that's what the actual data shows. So Schiano really didn't accomplish that much on the field. He was really good at recruiting and developing players, and then kept losing games to inferior teams. I've never said they were world beaters, just that everyone who claims they're historically awful is wrong.

Flood was not a significant downgrade from Schiano on the field. It's off the field where he was probably the worst program administrator in the history of time.

For governor I wrote in "Rutgers drop football" and then Phil Murphy won, I hope he's a powerful enemy of Rutgers athletics, like I voted for.

I mean I don't know if anyone would notice, but it's the thought that counts :unsmith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Noctone posted:

gently caress no

They hired Riley coming off a 5 win season, come on just tell me you can't see them being like "well he's won a lot of Big Ten games..."

e: if the Ferentz era turns really sour in the next four years Iowa would probably do this too, for the record.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

MourningView posted:

They hired Riley coming off a 5 win season, come on just tell me you can't see them being like "well he's won a lot of Big Ten games..."

oh i'm sure they'd be stupid enough to do it, i'm just saying please god no don't

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Hahaha yeah I’m sure Florida officials feel real confident and are totally grounded in reality

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Florida needs Zook back

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
If anyone wants rid of their coach, let us know and we can schedule an OOC game or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Talking myself into Charlie strong

• Locked thread