Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I normally use Ansell condoms, but switched to some Durex ones, they don't indicate where they are manufactured, and I've had two snap/burst, never had this issue with Ansell.

Now im paranoid they are made in China and not Thailand the land of best condoms.

edit, ok mine must be legit ones after watching this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMtmPGHGQfg

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

yo haier is this chaoshan girl's dad? did he finally go berserk?

https://www.thatsmags.com/china/post/21487/3-dead-6-wounded-in-guangdong-shooting-suspect-at-large

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

oohhboy posted:

Sooo, a bendy bus. What will China think of next? A 2 level bus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2YOjU1IMw&t=37s

These have been a thing atleast since i was a small child

China #1

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
LOL, no, but LOL at the story anyway. He's older than that, and has a different surname.

The REAL update, since last page's chat log, is that he is complaining (and CG's brother and cousin) he hasn't had water for three days because that was a woman's job to turn on the water pump for the house. Many apartments use a water pump to pump the municipal water up to the giant tank on the roof. When it's full, they turn off the pump until it goes empty. Newer and/or good quality pumps have automatic sensors that do it themselves without human intervention, but older or cheaper pumps require someone to check the water levels or wait until the water runs out. This is my problem here in India, with the tank being on my roof, but my downstairs neighbors having the switch to turn it on.

Anyway, the dad is whining he hasn't been able to bath or "Wwash his clothes or cook" for several days now, because no water. By "wash his clothes and cook," he means that whatever lady he hired to do that for him and the other males living since they are incapable of taking care of themselves. CG's mom was the one who knows where the switch is, and she's in Shenzhen now with CG's brother. The dad would rather cry about it and demand someone who knows where the switch is to return back home instead of asking to learn where it is so he can do it himself.

Kharnifex posted:

I normally use Ansell condoms, but switched to some Durex ones, they don't indicate where they are manufactured, and I've had two snap/burst, never had this issue with Ansell.

Now im paranoid they are made in China and not Thailand the land of best condoms.

edit, ok mine must be legit ones after watching this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMtmPGHGQfg
I'm still on the fence about my vasectomy. It's totally going to happen, but I just need to decide when. Then I can pump all the STIs directly in to my urreety.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The when should have been a few years ago. How do you not have a few Bajajitas running around?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've noticed a trend of "helplessness as a matter of gender identity" being a big thing with a lot of chinese people I've known. Like it's considered masculine to be pathetically helpless when it comes to any household work, most of the time they're honestly helpless but sometimes they just have to pretend to be because of gender roles. Women will be proud of their home-running skills and specially like to brag about how well they manage the family finances but the moment there's a male designated task they will very proudly and adamantly let everyone know how helpless and useless they are in that task. It's not pathetic and shameful, it's a virtue to be ignorant or certain knowledge or useless at certain tasks. Also being physically weak or even clumsy to the point that you look like you're ready to collapse after being in zero-gravity for years with atrophied muscles is the mark of a very feminine and high class lady. Drive everywhere, take the elevator, get a man to lift and carry everything, otherwise you might develop a muscle and look like a gross body builder.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hey guys have you had enough of "kindergarten kids get abused" stories yet?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Baronjutter posted:

I've noticed a trend of "helplessness as a matter of gender identity" being a big thing with a lot of chinese people I've known. Like it's considered masculine to be pathetically helpless when it comes to any household work, most of the time they're honestly helpless but sometimes they just have to pretend to be because of gender roles. Women will be proud of their home-running skills and specially like to brag about how well they manage the family finances but the moment there's a male designated task they will very proudly and adamantly let everyone know how helpless and useless they are in that task. It's not pathetic and shameful, it's a virtue to be ignorant or certain knowledge or useless at certain tasks. Also being physically weak or even clumsy to the point that you look like you're ready to collapse after being in zero-gravity for years with atrophied muscles is the mark of a very feminine and high class lady. Drive everywhere, take the elevator, get a man to lift and carry everything, otherwise you might develop a muscle and look like a gross body builder.

Same for northern girls?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

children that arent your own are basically livestock so force-feeding, kicking/slapping, and sedating are all totally okay; youre just stalling for time until you can give them back to their parents and get a paycheck

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do say: “Perry deserves the right to free political expression, however inadvertent.”

Don’t say: “Stick to fruit, sister.”
reading the graun makes me think that maybe this free and open media is over-rated garbo

though Britain isn't exactly a good example of a healthy and good media market

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

LentThem posted:

children that arent your own are basically livestock so force-feeding, kicking/slapping, and sedating are all totally okay; youre just stalling for time until you can give them back to their parents and get a paycheck
A while back we were yukking it up about how 'logic' is technically a loan word in Chinese. I often wonder if it's the same deal with 'quality'.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://my.mixtape.moe/bpnayk.mp4

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Well.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

like a cat toying with a mouse

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Beijing nursery 'needle abuse' of children shocks China

A Beijing nursery is accused of giving injections and feeding drugs to toddlers, in a case that has sparked outrage in China.
Authorities are now investigating the nursery, which is a branch of the well-known RYB Education chain.
The company says it "deeply apologises" for the matter that has caused "severe disquiet".
Beijing officials are also conducting a security check in all nurseries in the Chinese capital.
The incident comes weeks after a Shanghai childcare centre was alleged to have abused several toddlers.
'Forced to stand naked'
At least eight children attending the RYB Education pre-school in the upscale Chaoyang district are said to have been injected with unknown substances.
Parents told local media they had discovered needle marks on their children's bodies in recent days, and also circulated photographs online.

They also said their children were fed pills or syrup before their naptime. One father told state broadcaster CCTV that his child had said that every day after lunch they would be given two white pills, and "go to sleep" after eating the pills.
Local media report that some parents are also alleging possible sexual abuse, saying their children were stripped naked.
On Thursday, several parents gathered outside the kindergarten to protest. Some told Caixin Global that they suspected teachers had used needles to discipline children.
"Disobedient students were also forced to stand naked or were locked up in a dark room at the kindergarten," one parent told the news portal.
Police have seized CCTV footage at the nursery, and three teachers have also been suspended.
The Beijing Municipal Commission of Education said that a "comprehensive security check" was being conducted in all nurseries in Beijing.

RYB Education issued a statement on Thursday (in Chinese) saying it was co-operating with police and added: "We deeply apologise for this matter which has brought severe disquiet to parents and society!"
It also said: "If any wrongdoing is found, we will not shake off the responsibility. And we have also reported to the police some false accusations against us."
The company is one of China's most well-known early childhood education providers, and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in September.
Suspected censorship
The case has sparked an intense outcry and reignited anxieties over childcare standards in China, which has seen other cases of abuse at nurseries in recent years.
Last year four teachers at a RYB nursery in Jilin province were jailed for abuse, also involving giving injections to children. State news agency Xinhua reported at the time that one child was found to have more than 50 needle marks.

Mainstream media have extensively covered the latest Beijing case, which has drawn tens of thousands of comments on microblogging network Sina Weibo.
Most expressed outrage at the nursery and education authorities, and demanded fuller explanations as well as heavier punishments for the teachers. "Suspension? That's just too easy," said one commenter, while another said: "Don't let these beasts harm anyone else!"
Many also claimed that some online discussion was being scrubbed. A check on FreeWeibo, a website which tracks censorship on the network, found the top censored search was "Honghuanglan", RYB Education's Chinese name.
"The authorities are covering things up, and have an attitude where they do not directly answer questions. After this, no matter what kind of explanations they give, it will be hard to believe them. They are losing public trust step by step!" said one commenter.
An issue with explosive potential
Stephen McDonell, BBC News, Beijing
A storm of social media attention came after a crowd of angry Beijing parents gathered outside the kindergarten.
There are reports that police have already confirmed that the marks on the children are consistent with needle punctures.
Realising the explosive potential for this issue to spread, the Beijing education authorities have been quick to announce a full safety check of all kindergartens under its control.
Shock over the allegations follows an investigation last month into bruised children at a kindergarten in Wuhan, Hubei province and another scandal in Shanghai, also in November this year, after a video was released appearing to show kindergarten children being assaulted and injured by teachers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-42105443

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Oh word?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lupin posted:

Oh word?

please don't use the needles on me

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

please don't use the needles on me

Yer getting wasabi'd

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbxHTfYDLeu/?hl=en&taken-by=natgeo

quote:

This is not an image you “LIKE” but needs to be shown and is published in Nat Geo Mag this month. Poaching of jaguars is rampant again like is was back in the 60’s and 70’s. It needs to be stopped and showing images like this is one way to make that happen - get it out in the press and hopefully Governments will be forced by their citizens to act. Stay tuned in the next few weeks for more like this, unfortunately.

In a community outside of Iquitos, Peru local indigenous people sell the skins of jaguars that they have killed.
One village chief told us he hunts jaguar all year long as in October someone from a “Chinese corporation” comes to buy the 4 canines from each jaguar. The skins do not sell for very much as the buyer does not want them and they are illegal to export for tourists, as are the teeth and any other part of the jaguar.

My @natgeo jaguar story came out this week - the December issue of National Geographic Magazine! and LOOK for our @NatGeowild Big Cat Week show which premiers on Dec 10th @ 9PM, filmed with the amazing @bertiegregory.

Jaguars are the 3rd largest of the big cats. Found from US / Mexico border to northern Argentina. Also poaching for skins, bones and teeth is growing for the first time since the 1970’s to feed the demand for people who think they receive the “power of the jaguar through their teeth”, Chinese Traditional Medicine and now Luxury items from endangered species. “When the buying stops, the killing can too.” @wildaid @bertiegregory
loving TCM strikes again, with an even more dumber idea than eating the dicks.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
A culture that will fake literally everything with inpunity right up to loving rice but draws the line at needing real body parts from endangered animals to make medicine that doesn't do anything. Morrissey was right lol.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
lol if you don’t think there’s fake jaguar juice too

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Dude just stopped to yell and wag his finger at the guy and his gf.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Cry Havoc posted:

lol if you don’t think there’s fake jaguar juice too

Shhhhh, there's a litte bit of real jaguar juice in there, so people won't notice the difference.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

jesus christ

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I completely support the car driver in that video

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What was the car driver plan anyway? Just cut off the bike driver that had cut him off? Why stop after knocking over thrme bike people?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BexGu posted:

What was the car driver plan anyway? Just cut off the bike driver that had cut him off? Why stop after knocking over thrme bike people?

To suck your teeth and wag your finger at them, duh. Also to yell at them for damaging your car.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

BexGu posted:

The vid caption said that the ebike scraped the guy's car. I guess that warrants a hot pursuit followed by a PIT maneuver in order to get compensated.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Following the north korean soldier who managed to escape to south korea the other day, the north korean guards were apparently "replaced", and some other soldiers were put on landscaping duty.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...h-idUSKBN1DO0BW

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah every one of those guys is in a gulag right now being asked very politely why they allowed someone to defect.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Cam to post the daycare abuse story. BBC article notes the corporation listed on the nyse recently. I thought maybe it’d be a good short but it’s already down 37% today.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'll be honest, and I'm not sure what this says about me, or china, or where I come from, but I am honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often here in the glorious middle kingdom

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

I'll be honest, and I'm not sure what this says about me, or china, or where I come from, but I am honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often here in the glorious middle kingdom

that was a really nice shot though. didn't even knock down the scooter, and they just ended up in the bushes. 10/10 would roadrage again

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Can we hook this guy up with coins in jet engine grandma

https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/934055304865701888

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Kindergarten: the importance of face

https://twitter.com/georgetoparis/status/934083731991748609

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Imperialist Dog posted:

I thought that had said 'monkey' at first, and did not even question why the gently caress an old man was feeding monkies to tigers, or why he had monkieies in the first place.

Why he give money to tiger tho? Are they going to kill the tiger and therefore dead tiger will bring paper money to dead grandma?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

value-brand cereal posted:

I thought that had said 'monkey' at first, and did not even question why the gently caress an old man was feeding monkies to tigers, or why he had monkieies in the first place.

Why he give money to tiger tho? Are they going to kill the tiger and therefore dead tiger will bring paper money to dead grandma?

Maybe it is very lucky?

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Imperialist Dog posted:

the scmp should have just posted the video if they're going to tease readers with a screenshot

https://video.pearvideo.com/mp4/short/20171122/cont-1205724-11161337-hd.mp4

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

big time bisexual posted:

the scmp should have just posted the video if they're going to tease readers with a screenshot

https://video.pearvideo.com/mp4/short/20171122/cont-1205724-11161337-hd.mp4

this is so china it hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

lol at the dude just laying there next to his severed fingat like he loving died

• Locked thread