Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

eyebeem posted:

I'll worked with a guy named Torger Torgerson. There were some wonky little lines here and there as well.

Torgo Torgoson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCLynwl0kvk&t=30s

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Can I get a 'gently caress yeah, it's not cancer' ?

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

spog posted:

gently caress YEAH! It's not cancer!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

spog posted:

Hell yea! Great news!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Hansolio posted:

gently caress YEAH! It's not cancer!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Thanks.

Odds were always very much in my favour, but not being able to tell anyone you were waiting for results, means that you don't get to celebrate when they turn out good.

:havlat:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
paging Rhyno... I need more of your manly sauce. How can I make this happen?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beverly Cleavage posted:

paging Rhyno... I need more of your manly sauce. How can I make this happen?

I made a very small batch last week, i can probably part woth some. Pm me.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

WHAT!?

GIMMIE. NOW!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god, not prepared for this!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well maybe you shouldn't make such delicious hot sauce then! :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Rhyno posted:

Sent. RIP your inbox, I'm sure. Even just humoring me is appreciated. Seriously, that was some good stuff!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been trying to get the equipment together to make and bottle it in larger quantities but the wedding has eaten up all my extra cash.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Goober Peas posted:

Torgo Torgoson

26th best episode of MST3K.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
finally after like 18 months+ aCar on android has finally integrated into fuelly

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Sitting in the waiting room while my girlfriend has a lumbar puncture to see if she has meningitis. Jesus gently caress I do not like knowing what's going on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

finally after like 18 months+ aCar on android has finally integrated into fuelly

WHAT THE gently caress

This is my only limitation to acar. I use fuelly religiously.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah it took them for loving ever. I should probably set my wife up with fuelly now so she can enter poo poo from her iPhone.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yup I'm glad that I can finally complete the divorce from Android. I've kept my old phone for a year just to keep my mpg/service logs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On the latest wheeler dealers, they did a mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

He did the lifters/rockers, and they skipped over all the work done on the rear bank. Now we know why Edd left.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah... been watching them a bit since I got Philo. Haven't been impressed at all. All the tech details Edd went into were the best part, IMO.

So a couple of months ago, a friend of mine (used to live in the US, lives in Sweden now) sent me some money to get a bunch of American snacks that he misses. Specifically some limited edition Oreos, but a few other things too.

So uh, turns out once you break 4 pounds, the only remotely affordable shipping option is priority mail international. Holy mother of god, I did not expect to be dropping ~$80 on shipping for ~$30 of snack foods. He had previously sent $100, we both thought that would be more than enough (he figured shipping would be $30, giving me a little bit to pocket for my time), but :cripes: that was some severe sticker shock. I know UPS doesn't handle customs poo poo, so they're out the window (priced them anyway, they want $150 for the cheapest option with no guaranteed delivery window).. Fedex wants over $250. It's a 7 pound box of diabetic-coma inducing sugary crap. As it is, once I found out how much it was going to cost, I removed a couple of things to bring the weight down by a pound.

Tried playing with numbers a bit on USPS's website to see if it would be cheaper to break it up into 2 shipments via Priority International Flat Rate box, or First Class International, but nope, comes out to be more. I don't have an accurate postage scale (all I could do was weigh myself with and without the box), but I think this box is about 7-8 pounds. At least it's a standard sized box, and USPS let me print all the customs forms ahead of time.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
double wrong

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
wrong

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

You know all those fake rumors of having to replace prius batteries really early? Honda hybrids are actually like that from what I gather.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, Honda flubbed that generation of hybrid Civic pretty poorly. Though at that price I'm not sure how much it matters.

nm posted:

He's in england IIRC, so the lights that come on will likely fail MOT even if the car still goes.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Seemed true on the Insight, at least. Coworker of mine had to replace his at 60k, and again around 130k. Someone put that car out of its misery when they t-boned him.

Same coworker bought his Prius around 120k, and the PO had the battery replaced at the dealer shortly before selling it (it's very rare for them to die that early though). It was still on the 2nd battery when he sold it at 300k.

The upside is most Honda hybrids could be had with 3 pedals, so you could at least have a little bit of fun with them.

Sounds like I need to stretch to a gen2 Prius.

Auto was also a bonus, my wife mainly does start/stop and has a bad back.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

slothrop posted:

Sitting in the waiting room while my girlfriend has a lumbar puncture to see if she has meningitis. Jesus gently caress I do not like knowing what's going on.

Thats scary stuff, but if it is meningitis it sounds like they are going to catch it pretty early, and that is a very good thing.

Lost my son to bacterial meningitis earlier this year. By the time we got him to an ER that suspected it his brain was too swollen to do a puncture and figure out what was causing it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yeah... been watching them a bit since I got Philo. Haven't been impressed at all. All the tech details Edd went into were the best part, IMO.

So a couple of months ago, a friend of mine (used to live in the US, lives in Sweden now) sent me some money to get a bunch of American snacks that he misses. Specifically some limited edition Oreos, but a few other things too.

So uh, turns out once you break 4 pounds, the only remotely affordable shipping option is priority mail international. Holy mother of god, I did not expect to be dropping ~$80 on shipping for ~$30 of snack foods. He had previously sent $100, we both thought that would be more than enough (he figured shipping would be $30, giving me a little bit to pocket for my time), but :cripes: that was some severe sticker shock. I know UPS doesn't handle customs poo poo, so they're out the window (priced them anyway, they want $150 for the cheapest option with no guaranteed delivery window).. Fedex wants over $250. It's a 7 pound box of diabetic-coma inducing sugary crap. As it is, once I found out how much it was going to cost, I removed a couple of things to bring the weight down by a pound.

Tried playing with numbers a bit on USPS's website to see if it would be cheaper to break it up into 2 shipments via Priority International Flat Rate box, or First Class International, but nope, comes out to be more. I don't have an accurate postage scale (all I could do was weigh myself with and without the box), but I think this box is about 7-8 pounds. At least it's a standard sized box, and USPS let me print all the customs forms ahead of time.

That sucks. The only cheap international shipping is via ocean freight :(

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

rdb posted:

Lost my son to bacterial meningitis earlier this year. By the time we got him to an ER that suspected it his brain was too swollen to do a puncture and figure out what was causing it.

Jesus Christ dude :(

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

rdb posted:

Thats scary stuff, but if it is meningitis it sounds like they are going to catch it pretty early, and that is a very good thing.

Sorry to hear that. :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rdb posted:

I’m sorry you had to go through that ☹️

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rdb posted:

Oh my god I'm so sorry for your loss man.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

rdb posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm so sorry. My sincerest condolences.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Its ok and thank you. I posted about it earlier this year, and legally, I can’t go into details yet. His birthday and thanksgiving were quite rough.

My wife and I decided to try again, and shes 13 weeks today, a healthy boy so far. So its not all doom and gloom.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Congrats on a baby!

Remember PWAWA. Pregnant women always win arguments.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

angryrobots posted:

Pregnant women always win arguments.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying to get the equipment together to make and bottle it in larger quantities but the wedding has eaten up all my extra cash.

I'd throw another 10bux or so at you if you did another kickstarted and I'm sure others would do the same.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah I never got my hat sass. Would pay slightly more for bigger bowls.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

rdb posted:

Its ok and thank you. I posted about it earlier this year, and legally, I can’t go into details yet. His birthday and thanksgiving were quite rough.

My wife and I decided to try again, and shes 13 weeks today, a healthy boy so far. So its not all doom and gloom.

Holy poo poo I'm sorry, and glad you tried again. It's just slightly weird because my wife's 12 weeks on with our first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Meningitis is no joke, and I think people sometimes think it's something only younger kids can get, but it isn't. A friend's sister in secondary school died from it, and she was 15/16, and while it's less common in adults, it's still a risk.

It's also contagious, so it's very much one for the list of why anti-vaccine people can get hosed.

Powershift posted:

On the latest wheeler dealers, they did a mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

He did the lifters/rockers, and they skipped over all the work done on the rear bank. Now we know why Edd left.
I don't watch the show, but it's Ant Anstead now, isn't it? The guy knows his stuff, and he's done other car TV before, so I'd imagine anything you see that seems dumbed down is very much a "management" decision.

• Locked thread