Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

thrawn527 posted:

...yes? Though watching it again now, I can sort of hear the two syllables. But it's not exactly easy to make out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6k3YBmIUYo&t=43s

"PO-ORG!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
It's obviously "SNOOOKE!"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Oh i'm not going to die on this hill. I'm totally fine admitting I'm wrong and that I've always heard it wrong.

I'm certainly not going to start a massive go-nowhere debate like is currently happening in the book barn thread.

this may be one of my favorite posts in any star wars thread ever:

jivjov posted:

I've taken enough marketing classes to know that blatant lies aren't exactly legal
call the police because lukes shirt is the wrong color! do it! do it!!!!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Muthafuckin’ gorilla walker LEGO kits I saw earlier.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
thats an ugly frickin' walker right there.

"nazi remnants building wunderwaffen" is such a tired trope

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a really ugly build from Lego - I hate all the exposed stuff at the top.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Also an ugly build in the movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

Muthafuckin’ gorilla walker LEGO kits I saw earlier.

The design will be saved if those canisters on its back are bombs, and it flings them like a monkey flingin' poop

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Clean version of the new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01RiF5Q0JTg

You know, even if the soundtrack turns out uninspired and the script is baloney, at least it will look like that. So maybe it's safe to be excited.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's way better than the first trailer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That’s a fan trailer. And the music was stolen from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLrs9gX73M

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This, however, is legit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0PIlLHFG4A

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Chewie doing what I wanna do everytime I see that dam Porg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77fRikiMiw

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

CelticPredator posted:

He shouts

"PISSSSSSSS"

“Holy poo poo!” And “it’s so hot in here!” were removed from the final cut.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Going back to Han's purpose in RotJ, he isn't in the movie because he contributes anything important to the cause of the Rebellion, he is in there because Leia needs to have a love interest who is not her brother.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Strictly speaking, he was there to sell tickets.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Han is a macguffin for the Jabba's Palace sequence, which is all aces.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Han's dialogue with Lando in RotJ is sooooo drat corny and out of character, though. I hate how soft they made him in that film compared to his sarcastic persona from the first two.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

JazzFlight posted:

Han's dialogue with Lando in RotJ is sooooo drat corny and out of character, though. I hate how soft they made him in that film compared to his sarcastic persona from the first two.

I guess being pseudo-dead for a year softened him up.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I grew up on the classic trilogy, and playing Tie Fighter and Dark Forces. I loved star wars.

You know what? i'm going to wait until last jedi shows up on a streamable service or DVD. Don't give a gently caress anymore. I can't really see them trying to remake Empire Strikes back well.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 25, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

I grew up on the classic trilogy, and playing Tie Fighter and Dark Forces. I loved star wars.

You know what? i'm going to wait until last jedi shows up on a streamable service or DVD. Don't give a gently caress anymore. I can't really see them trying to remake Empire Strikes back well.

You're gonna get it spoiled for you if you don't see it opening day.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Of course Han Solo softened up. His friends saved him from cold storage and killed Jabba in the process. You'd be pretty corny too if you didn't have to spend the rest of your life hanging on a wall or being digested over a thousand years.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Does anybody think the upcoming ESB remake has the potential to be the fist film to make $1 billion domestically?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

viral spiral posted:

Does anybody think the upcoming ESB remake has the potential to be the fist film to make $1 billion domestically?

I'mma see it at least 2 million times, so they've got a real shot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

viral spiral posted:

Still won't beat Gone With the Wind.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

viral spiral posted:

Not really. Force Awakens has kind of dampened a lot of people's desire to make Star Wars a must watch. It'll make amazing amounts of money but the time to set records was two years back.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Pretty much my attitude as well. Awakens was a big flashy nothing apart from the Han/Kylo scene and Rogue One didn't really need to exist, so I'm not expecting anything beyond cool VFX and fan service from Last Jedi. I'll wait for the DVD.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Having a different director was a smart move on Disney's part, because that way, fools like me can say things like, "This one could be different because it has a different director," and go see it opening night.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Payndz posted:

Pretty much my attitude as well. Awakens was a big flashy nothing apart from the Han/Kylo scene and Rogue One didn't really need to exist, so I'm not expecting anything beyond cool VFX and fan service from Last Jedi. I'll wait for the DVD.

Who the shock are you. Your avatar is about a certain cartoon I love and have been perhaps deservedly stripped of my social preeminence for advocating, and I'm glad to find someone else that likes it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Who the shock are you. Your avatar is about a certain cartoon I love and have been perhaps deservedly stripped of my social preeminence for advocating, and I'm glad to find someone else that likes it.

:wtc:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i'll probably watch it in theaters just to hear the fanfare on the theaters sound system

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

viral spiral posted:

It's an interesting question. My feeling is that it'll do slightly worse than TFA. The brand's been diluted a bit and although I think the positive feelings about TFA have soured in some quarters, kids don't give a gently caress. I say 900 domestic. Worldwide it'll be whatever, more than TFA maybe.

Edit: X factor here is if it turns out to be amazing/there's some kind of crazy ESB level twist that gets people's lips a flappin'. Former's pretty unlikely but you never know.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

I ate a lot of poo poo for being enthusiastic about a cartoon for small children and I was happy to see another goon had it in their avatar.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Grendels Dad posted:

Going back to Han's purpose in RotJ, he isn't in the movie because he contributes anything important to the cause of the Rebellion, he is in there because Leia needs to have a love interest who is not her brother.

Lando was right there though!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

viral spiral posted:

What ESB remake would that be?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:wrongful:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Hay Goons! Just checking in to let everyone know that I will not be watching Disney's Lucasfilm's Star Wars remake of Empire Strikes Back. K thx bye!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The talk of it being a remake of Empire is really being overstated. Sure, we’re going to have an old Jedi training our hero, and walkers attacking our good guy’s base, but that’s basically it. We’re also getting Finn and our new character going undercover in the enemy’s base, conflict inside of the Resistance leadership, and a villain being lured away from his cause by the light side and his mother, none of which really has an Empire connection. Also, the walkers storming the Resistance base doesn’t look like it will be the start of the movie, because in the trailers it looks like the Falcon will be there, and Rey and the Falcon are going to be a little busy at the start of the film. Plus we seem to be getting Rey meeting Snoke in some sort of throne room type scene, mirroring ROTJ, not ESB.

Also, you’re crazy if you don’t think Star Wars is the biggest it’s ever been. The Force Awakens didn’t weaken its standing in the slightest. If anything, it strengthened it, because it showed the masses we can still have good Star Wars movies. (This is not a comment on the prequels, just about how uncertain the future of Star Wars was without Lucas at the helm.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Whenever anyone says that TFA was a remake of ANH (or that TLJ is looking like a remake of ESB), I start to question if that person has ever actually watched a Star Wars film.