Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
i laughed out loud when "henan" appeared on screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mao would be proud of so much useless iron products.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll pay some homeless people a kuai a day to sort the materials for recycling

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Looks like a bunny from above.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It looks like a Modern Art 'Installation', a statement on the absurdity of modern capitalism. A hedge fund billionaire would buy it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

value-brand cereal posted:

I thought that had said 'monkey' at first, and did not even question why the gently caress an old man was feeding monkies to tigers, or why he had monkieies in the first place.

You and me both. I was fully expecting a video of a man stuffing monkeys into a tiger cage.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Was there any other expected outcome from this?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
"There's like a billion consumers in China and we need to have enough product on hand for when we finally crack that market."

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

kimcicle posted:

Was there any other expected outcome from this?

There are a lot of people convinced that they're legit. Most people refuse to accept that dockless bikes schemes only exist to do the absolute minimum to bypass currency controls that prevent smuggling cash out of China. I'm a "bike dude” and most "bike dudes" are completely dazzled and just can't see past the empty promises to realize that these bikes are essentially the "product" in an MLM scheme.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Baronjutter posted:

I've noticed a trend of "helplessness as a matter of gender identity" being a big thing with a lot of chinese people I've known. Like it's considered masculine to be pathetically helpless when it comes to any household work, most of the time they're honestly helpless but sometimes they just have to pretend to be because of gender roles. Women will be proud of their home-running skills and specially like to brag about how well they manage the family finances but the moment there's a male designated task they will very proudly and adamantly let everyone know how helpless and useless they are in that task. It's not pathetic and shameful, it's a virtue to be ignorant or certain knowledge or useless at certain tasks. Also being physically weak or even clumsy to the point that you look like you're ready to collapse after being in zero-gravity for years with atrophied muscles is the mark of a very feminine and high class lady. Drive everywhere, take the elevator, get a man to lift and carry everything, otherwise you might develop a muscle and look like a gross body builder.

This means I will never be a friend of China.
I disdain, loathe, hate, with all my heart and being, anyone who is an adult but can not take care of him or herself. There are plenty of rational reasons for this, but I fear it's not even rational with me.

Sadly, though, this is the norm in most of the world.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think the business model is that you have to pay a deposit to use the bikes and then the owner takes the deposit money and runs.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I think the business model is that you have to pay a deposit to use the bikes and then the owner takes the deposit money and runs.

and the person using the bike just ditches it anywhere because the deposit was basically nothing. Win win!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

McGavin posted:

lol at the dude just laying there next to his severed fingat like he loving died

Dudes in shock, you never seen shock before?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I appreciate the stickmans presence of mind to poke the tiger before getting his camera out to record the activity.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
China's U20 Soccer team has bitched out over Tibet for the rest of the year after the tantrum over the last Tibetan flags and losing 3-0.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/11/25/football-chinas-u-20-team-tour-germany-halted-6-spectators-display-tibet-flags/

Best result is for them to never play again.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

underage at the vape shop posted:

Dudes in shock, you never seen shock before?

LentThem posted:

i get off super hard to chinese traffic accidents because almost everyone on a scooter/e-bike and some people in cars act like myotonic goats. If a collision is coming they immediately splay out and this makes them fall on the ground (subsequently flattened) or floor the accelerator and fly out of control into a wall or ditch

https://my.mixtape.moe/xhlpkj.mp4

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Thing go boom in Ningbo

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/explosion-chinas-ningbo-city-casualties-feared-media-043959861.html

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
at least he didn’t thank allah lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

barf barf barf

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cry Havoc posted:

at least he didn’t thank allah lol

...?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

(like a dirty uighar muslim...)

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I found a new infographic about the Chinese economy:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Bajaj posted:

I found a new infographic about the Chinese economy:

That's as impressive as it is terrifying.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

perfect in every way

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ladron posted:

(like a dirty uighar muslim...)

I don’t get the reference then

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Loss of face complete, China's under 20 football team has left Germany. Tibetan flags are the most powerful anti-China weapons, wave them around and they will throw themselves out of the country for you.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Maybe it's a welcome reason to run, before some completely random german team from the sticks completely obliterates the best that china has to offer.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Power Khan posted:

Maybe it's a welcome reason to run, before some completely random german team from the sticks completely obliterates the best that china has to offer.
"Hold on Gunther, I'm getting reports that it's not actually a German football team, it's just some Dutch tourists who got lost!"
"Would certainly explain the lack of uniforms, Klaus!"

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Power Khan posted:

exactly that already happened in the first game, which is the real reason they left bru

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
China must keep up efforts to 'revolutionise' its toilets until the task is completed, state media quoted Chinese President Xi Jinping as saying, amid efforts to boost the domestic tourist industry and improve the quality of life.

Xi launched the 'toilet revolution' in 2015 as part of a drive to improve standards of domestic tourism in China, which he said suffers from deep-seated problems of a lack of civility.

'The toilet issue is no small thing, it's an important aspect of building civilised cities and countryside,' Xi said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

As an emerging industry, Chinese tourism needs an upgrade in both hardware and software to continue strong growth, Xinhua reported Xi as saying.

China's National Tourism Administration recently announced plans to build and upgrade 64,000 toilets between 2018 and 2020.

But the toilet revolution is about more than just giving sightseers a better holiday experience; it is also about creating a more civilised society, Xinhua added.

Since coming to power in 2012, Xi has often visited homes in the countryside and makes checks to see if the locals use pit toilets, besides emphasising that village modernisation requires sanitary toilets, Xinhua said.

In a course-setting speech to a meeting of the ruling Communist Party in October, Xi redefined the 'principal contradiction' facing Chinese society for the first time since 1981, saying the current need was not just for more growth, but more equal growth to satisfy people's desire for a 'nice life'.

China's tourism industry has upgraded 68,000 toilets over the last three years, completing about 19 per cent of the task, Xinhua said.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Imagine Xi Jinping showing up to your random hick-rear end farmer town to look at your bathroom

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

They have been installing really nice public bathrooms around my part of town. It takes about a month for the locals to completely wreck them.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Pirate Radar posted:

I don’t get the reference then

My understanding is that Uigars, a muslim minority in China, are treated pretty much like poo poo. Muslims pray to allah. The person made a joke about someone thanking allah, as if he were a muslim, like the Uigar are, who are a pretty much despised minority in china, as I understand it. He was implying that thanking allah, like the uigar, a muslim minority in china that are treated like poo poo, might do, would be worse than saying nothing, which is what he did.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

They have been installing really nice public bathrooms around my part of town. It takes about a month for the locals to completely wreck them.

wreck like how so? like piss and poo poo every where, or like people chipping off tailes to take home and use.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oohhboy posted:

Loss of face complete, China's under 20 football team has left Germany. Tibetan flags are the most powerful anti-China weapons, wave them around and they will throw themselves out of the country for you.

lol how are they a superpower

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ladron posted:

My understanding is that Uigars, a muslim minority in China, are treated pretty much like poo poo. Muslims pray to allah. The person made a joke about someone thanking allah, as if he were a muslim, like the Uigar are, who are a pretty much despised minority in china, as I understand it. He was implying that thanking allah, like the uigar, a muslim minority in china that are treated like poo poo, might do, would be worse than saying nothing, which is what he did.

Yeah but the event was in America so I thought it might be something ripped from the Fox News comment section which is why it read oddly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blast of Confetti posted:

lol how are they a superpower

they aren't :ssh: .

edit: unless having nukes makes you a super power, but then, you know, France and Israel.

• Locked thread