Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Dango Bango posted:

I'd prefer keeping Mike Riley to hiring Bert. I want NOTHING to do with him.
I think the only people mentioning him are people that think Nebraska needs to emulate Iowa and Wisconsin, because, well,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-QTJer3vU

They don't realize that Nebraska outrecruits the rest of the division pretty easily and just needs some competent coaches--the collapses under Pelini make me think that he wasn't a great coach, and he still won 9-10 games a season.

EDIT: NO, Mike Leach. I like the dude as a coach but he'd be a HORRIBLE personality fit at Nebraska. gently caress that, it'd be miserable for all parties regardless of winning.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
weird that people think they should emulate way more successful programs in the same geographic area with similar natural recruiting bases

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Not following recruiting I don't know the details, but seeing Nebraska get smoked by guys from the state is frustrating.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They offered Fant and just lost out to Iowa on him. IIRC they were close to flipping him toward the end. Bazata they ignored but that’s hard to knock them for because his only other off was South Dakota State. He was one of those dudes Reese Morgan pulls at the last second from the middle of nowhere that seem to always work out (see also Josey Jewell)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/934509552464252928

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Boo, I want Campbell to stay at ISU, it’s more entertaining when they’re good enough to upset Oklahoma.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Give me the insane Leach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Campbell is an upgrade because he only gives up 40 to iowa

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Mike Leach is forever the spoiler, never the favorite. Be careful what you wish for.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

I’d be happy with this if we strike out on Frost.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
I want Leach in Knoxville. I don’t want Schiano anywhere near the University of Tennessee.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
the lane train is 9-3, so who wants him?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

This hire feels crucial, and it's already a dog and pony show.

A lot of the "Florida will be fine" nonsense that's been floated since Urban bailed is starting to dry up. Maybe we won't.

Single most talent-rich state in the country and the backing of the SEC, you will forever be fine unless half the state succumbs to flooding from global warming and/or the SEC implodes. It's dumb to think otherwise.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the SEC implodes, the ACC will take them. Good school, plus football and basketball teams are (usually) good.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Crotch Bat posted:

half the state succumbs to flooding from global warming

I hadn’t even considered this. Nebraska is the team of the future.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I assume Campbell is gonna leave after a couple of years but I"d be annoyed if the place he left for was somewhere like Nebraska.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

I hadn’t even considered this. Nebraska is the team of the future.

Where will your underachieving recruits come from if California is under water?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

MourningView posted:

Grand Island?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

The beautiful beaches of coastal nevada

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I wish someone in UNLV's administration had the backbone to fire Sanchez

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I am most decidedly not #HornyForSchiano

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

if you're Oregon State why wouldn't you just hire Mike Riley back instead of hiring some other dude who will inevitably underperform?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Give me the insane Leach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

if you're Oregon State why wouldn't you just hire Mike Riley back instead of hiring some other dude who will inevitably underperform?

He’s old and has been mostly bad for a long time. Why not at least try to get someone good instead of someone you know for a fact probably tops out at like 5 wins?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

3rd time's a charm, right? But I could see Riley stepping aside slash retiring with his age and the $6.6M we'll be paying him. v:shobon:v

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
If Riley doesn't ride off into the sunset with his Scrooge McDuck bags of money he's even dumber than I thought.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Fire Saban

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sorry arkansas i dont think the gus bus will be heading fayetteville

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Noctone posted:

If Riley doesn't ride off into the sunset with his Scrooge McDuck bags of money he's even dumber than I thought.

Was Riley the guy who bought a house that his wife couldn't live in for some allergy reason and then they just lived in a hotel instead for like a year?

I swear I read an article on something like that back after he was hired at Nebraska.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is Saban really an SEC caliber coach?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Seaniqua posted:

Grand Island?

my wife will still be the most successful person born in Grand Island

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

General Dog posted:

Off the field is like 60-70% of the job, how can someone follow CFB and not understand this

I didn't say it wasn't. Just that Tennessee has had two straight recruiters who can't coach, if they want to hire another, be my guest. It was the exact same logic used to hire Al Golden at Miami.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I don't know why we have to argue about this every 3 months. Look up the all time records dude, your team is loving garbage. You're in the Northwestern/Duke/Vanderbilt tier all time. The recent stretch Michigan has had that makes Michigan fans insane and has seen us go from fans of a powerhouse program to a miserable also ran that never wins anything would be historically great at Rutgers. That's how lovely you are. gently caress man. Why is this so important to you? Rutgers won TWO big ten games this year! You're on the way up! Stop living in your lovely past!

I mean look at this poo poo

And if you're saying, AHA, look at those bitching Frank Burns years that show we haven't been a doormat for the past 4 decades, it's because Rutgers had found its level back then and played similar football schools every year, like Bucknell, Yale, Princeton, Villanova, Cornell, Holy Cross, Colgate, Holy Cross again, Villanova again, Bucknell again, and William & Mary.

When Rutgers has been in a real conference, they've been bad, outside of like 2 good years with Schiano. That's been true for almost 100 years

So your argument is you're a spoiled Michigan fan and anything that's not Bo is poo poo.

If you actually look at the yearly records and schedules, the norm is Rutgers playing an average schedule and being mediocre. What you cited completely contradicts your argument. Schiano was slightly better than Dick Anderson and Doug Graber playing worse schedules, while having way more institutional advantages. Frank Burns was the best coach of them all in that he was competitive against top SEC teams.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 26, 2017

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

FizFashizzle posted:

sorry arkansas i dont think the gus bus will be heading fayetteville

Thank goodness

I am definitely in the minority but I want nothing to do with Gus

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I didn't say it wasn't. Just that Tennessee has had two straight recruiters who can't coach, if they want to hire another, be my guest. It was the exact same logic used to hire Al Golden at Miami.

So your argument is you're a spoiled Michigan fan and anything that's not Bo is poo poo.

If you actually look at the yearly records and schedules, the norm is Rutgers playing an average schedule and being mediocre. What you cited completely contradicts your argument. Schiano was slightly better than Dick Anderson and Doug Graber playing worse schedules, while having way more institutional advantages. Frank Burns was the best coach of them all in that he was competitive against top SEC teams.

Dude y'all played like Princeton and Baker-Fuckfield state until like, the loving 90s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dude y'all played like Princeton and Baker-Fuckfield state until like, the loving 90s

And they were mediocre against them, fuckface!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Alaois posted:

And they were mediocre against them, fuckface!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even mediocre!

Bad! Not good!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not even mediocre!

Bad! Not good!

listen mr spoiled West Virginia fan, maybe YOU think a 5-6 season is "bad" or "a disappointment" but have you considered your standards are too high??????

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alaois posted:

listen mr spoiled West Virginia fan, maybe YOU think a 5-6 season is "bad" or "a disappointment" but have you considered your standards are too high??????

my goal is to have a winning season every year and get a dece bowl, so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think regardless of the bowl game todd graham is safe.

• Locked thread