Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm having to choose between Brees and Smith in one league, and damned if I don't always pick the wrong one for the week. This week, I'm going Brees.

Brees with the higher floor in the highest scoring line (53.5) for the week? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any chance Brady doesn't play this week? I have Dak Prescott as my backup QB, but that match-up against LA and his performance last week have me really hesitant.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

Is there any chance Brady doesn't play this week? I have Dak Prescott as my backup QB, but that match-up against LA and his performance last week have me really hesitant.

Tyron Smith is back at LT. Dak will be “ok” but start Brady.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I don't really ever pay attention to these yahoo projected stats but i like to check them out every now and then, but they project 8 catches for 161 yards and 2 TD's for Thielen today. loving lol, for reference Antonio Brown is projected 9 catches for 133 yards and a TD.

So he'll probably get 2 catches for 12 yards.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

I don't really ever pay attention to these yahoo projected stats but i like to check them out every now and then, but they project 8 catches for 161 yards and 2 TD's for Thielen today. loving lol, for reference Antonio Brown is projected 9 catches for 133 yards and a TD.

So he'll probably get 2 catches for 12 yards.

Naw, he will blow up and Diggs will goose egg.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I forgot to swap out the lions dst for the ravens dst.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Kirk vs the Giants tonight? Or roll with Cam at the Jets sunday? Worried the Giants D is actually trying nowz

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Boosh! posted:

Kirk vs the Giants tonight? Or roll with Cam at the Jets sunday? Worried the Giants D is actually trying nowz

There's another thread for questions like this.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Boosh! posted:

Use the sit start thread, but either way rolling with Kirk is the wise choice.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Sure, if the NFL decides to suspend him again for no reason at all. Otherwise, the chances of him not playing are effectively zero.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Is Jamaal Williams going to have any value once Montgomery is back? Somebody dropped Devante Parker and I'm struggling with who to drop for him. I won't be playing Williams this week, Montgomery could be back by next week, and they've got an awful schedule for RBs.

Somebody tell me he's safe to drop.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is Jamaal Williams going to have any value once Montgomery is back? Somebody dropped Devante Parker and I'm struggling with who to drop for him. I won't be playing Williams this week, Montgomery could be back by next week, and they've got an awful schedule for RBs.

Somebody tell me he's safe to drop.

Sounds like he's safe to drop for you. If you aren't going to play him this week then you won't do it anytime soon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds like he's safe to drop for you. If you aren't going to play him this week then you won't do it anytime soon.

Ehhh I'm not sure. I started him last week. It's basically an ugly mishmash of Morris/Forte/Powell/Jamaal Williams as my RB2 because I'm the Zeke owner. Don't love his schedule though and even after today I still think I'd start Morris over him in most cases, or Forte if/when he's healthy.

Feels wrong to drop an RB when I really should be picking up as many dart throws as I can, but I think Williams is probably a JAG who could be in a timeshare soon.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I traded for Evan Engram prior to week 11. It hasn't worked out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

on the bored wop posted:

I traded for Evan Engram prior to week 11. It hasn't worked out.

I dropped Case Keenum to start Ryan Fitzpatrick, last week. This week I had to start Eli

Luckily my team is flying on angel wings, this season, so I will probably still win because I am facing the 14th place team

Still, it hurts so much. Why does this hurt so much?

The Zack posted:

BTW, I read or at least click on every football absurdity article. Keep up the good work

:hfive:

I'm going to print this out and show it to my friends and family whenever they ask why they haven't seen me since August

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 24, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Still, it hurts so much. Why does this hurt so much?
Because, no matter how much effort and thought we put into this, there's still only so much we can do to affect things. We're not the ones out on the field or coaching from the sidelines. We can put ourselves in what we think is the strongest possible position but then we still just have to hope for the best.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Devonta Freeman officially out against the Bucs.

Rishard Matthews DNP today; if he's out, could be a big bump for Corey Davis' targets.

Juju Smith-Schuster will be out against the Packers.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

on the bored wop posted:

Because, no matter how much effort and thought we put into this, there's still only so much we can do to affect things. We're not the ones out on the field or coaching from the sidelines. We can put ourselves in what we think is the strongest possible position but then we still just have to hope for the best.

Thanks, but I can't even blame the cruel hand of fate, this time. Shepard was out. I didnt't see that. Had I just done my diligence and looked into that, I would have definitely benched Eli.

I hate myself. I am a pig-headed prognosticator

At least I can drown myself in researching ridiculous comments by crazy people for the next few hours.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 24, 2017

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Tiptoes posted:

Rishard Matthews DNP today; if he's out, could be a big bump for Corey Davis' targets.

Juju Smith-Schuster will be out against the Packers.

Have to imagine that the Colts scheme against WR1s referenced by Silva in Matchups is definitely going to Davis now. So could be tons of targets, but potentially with tougher coverage. I wasn't going to flex him, but I'm reconsidering.

And fire up your Marty Bs!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Popero posted:

Have to imagine that the Colts scheme against WR1s referenced by Silva in Matchups is definitely going to Davis now. So could be tons of targets, but potentially with tougher coverage. I wasn't going to flex him, but I'm reconsidering.

And fire up your Marty Bs!

Makes me wish I had started him over Diggs after all.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea was about to say is Bryant a good sleeper here? Feel like worth a shot. Im really wary on starting Crabtree this week

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

the_american_dream posted:

Yea was about to say is Bryant a good sleeper here? Feel like worth a shot. Im really wary on starting Crabtree this week

No! Don't! Goodness, no!
Please throw some arguments at me so I can dunk on them and guide you towards the light!

Football Absurdity Links:
Hot Takes from Crazy People: Why Do IDIOTS Think Someone Hates Them?"

Start or Sit: Drew Brees Frank Gore and "I cant believe I spilled over 1,000 words combined to say start Kareem Hunt, dummy, and sit Frank Gore, idiot" - Spoeank

Spoeank's RB Sleepers

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 25, 2017

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In my EPSN league, we're in playoffs now. Each round of the playoffs is cumulative of two weeks (12/13, 14/15, 16/17) which I lobby to change each year (mostly because of including week 17), but oh well. Having said that, I got the #1 seed with an 8-2 record, so I get a bye the first round.

It feels weird not having to worry about my lineup there for the next two weeks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kloaked00 posted:

In my EPSN league, we're in playoffs now. Each round of the playoffs is cumulative of two weeks (12/13, 14/15, 16/17) which I lobby to change each year (mostly because of including week 17), but oh well. Having said that, I got the #1 seed with an 8-2 record, so I get a bye the first round.

It feels weird not having to worry about my lineup there for the next two weeks

Totally, plus there's no paradigm for it, at least in American Sports. "Oh! The Patriots have just come back from being down 28-3 to take the lead! Tune in next week when we have the final three hours of this game!"

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Kelvin Benjamin ROS?

I’m still debating who to drop to move Olsen off IR and it’s down to him or Corey Coleman. I’m thinking Coleman has more upside ROS even with Gordon due back, but it’s hard to cut bait with Benjamin, but there’s no new update on his injury and also the bills are somehow trying to be more dysfunctional than the Browns lately.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Kelvin Benjamin ROS?

I’m still debating who to drop to move Olsen off IR and it’s down to him or Corey Coleman. I’m thinking Coleman has more upside ROS even with Gordon due back, but it’s hard to cut bait with Benjamin, but there’s no new update on his injury and also the bills are somehow trying to be more dysfunctional than the Browns lately.

The narrative says Benjamin: You're moving Carolina's top receiving option in for a guy who was so unliked, Carolina traded him.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
I have Hopkins, Hilton, Sanders, Evans, Stills, Duke Johnson and Matthews. I need to sit two, Sanders and ??? Thanks for your advise, in advance.

Contingent on Matthews' health, of course.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Milovan Drecun posted:

I have Hopkins, Hilton, Sanders, Evans, Stills, Duke Johnson and Matthews. I need to sit two, Sanders and ??? Thanks for your advise, in advance.

Contingent on Matthews' health, of course.

Wrong thread

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Oops, did not realize there was a second thread. Apologies!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Wow. The 8th place team made two separate trades with the 5th place team.

Trade 1: #8 trades Larry Fitz, receives Nelson Agholor
Trade 2: #8 trades Melvin Gordon, receives Rex Burkhead

#8 is 3-7-1, #5 is 6-4-1.

Seems lopsided.

Why is our trade deadline until the 6th of December? Man.

Edit: team 8 is starting these dudes, team 5 has those guys on the bench obviously

Santheb fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 25, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Do you guys think a Mariota/Carr platoon is enough to advance in the playoffs or should I try to trade for Goff and do a Goff/Carr one?

I'm thinking of offering a Sanders/Mariota/J.Williams combo for Goff/Mixon.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Santheb posted:

Seems lopsided.

Edit: team 8 is starting these dudes, team 5 has those guys on the bench obviously

That's collusion.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Santheb posted:

Seems lopsided.

Collusion, and they're not even trying to hide it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
AP is a free agent, is he worth picking up?

.5 PPR

RB's are Fournette, Woodhead, Forte, Marlon Mack, and Zeke. Thinking i should drop Mack for him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

AP is a free agent, is he worth picking up?

.5 PPR

RB's are Fournette, Woodhead, Forte, Marlon Mack, and Zeke. Thinking i should drop Mack for him.

I would. AP is the #1 back in Arizona with DJ probably not coming back. Mack is splitting time with Gore.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

Seems lopsided.

Finally, an example of collusion.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pubic works project posted:

I would. AP is the #1 back in Arizona with DJ probably not coming back. Mack is splitting time with Gore.

Thanks, i grabbed him.

I just noticed my last 3 pick ups all were from the same dude dropping them. Olsen, Crowder, and now AP. I'm gonna talk so much poo poo if they all help me ROS. Crowder's already paying off and solidified my WR3 spot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Agreed, again
Usually a bad trade alone is not grounds for reversal due to collusion
However, If you're gonna allow trades this late, you have to have a contingent for reversing a trade that smells like the bottom of a bus station garbage can.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

100% agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm surprised it only took hundreds of goons posting in one thread 11 whole weeks for an actual collusion to occur

• Locked thread