Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chucat posted:

Yeah do this, I have Transpose, Aetherial Manipulation (with a mouseover macro) and Between the Lines on the 3 buttons my mouse has on the side.

No you see if they changed Manaward to that then players could trivialize mechanics and that's why we had to murder Manawall okay.

It wouldn’t solve anything in hard content anyways where you get a damage down or it’s a straight one hit kill. Putting AM on maybe a 6s CD (or no cd?) would be a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

People who get caught with the wrong group need to see that quote.

I don't understand how when people are caught with the wrong party, they think they have to stack up instead of dying alone and out of the way.

Yep, I've done this. Got caught with the wrong group, decided my group probably wouldn't handle me suddenly AMing over to them, and died alone.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Chucat posted:

Yeah you need to transpose and bind it to a button you can easily press it while running, while also constantly mashing it while running while also knowing the encounter well enough to know when you have to mash transpose as opposed to just waiting.

If you have to use transpose twice during downtime then enjoy mashing it even more since you're gonna forget to look at the timer in the ONE SECOND window you have to actually press it in.

Wow, this seems like way too much effort in high level content for what you are getting out of it dps wise. No wonder everyone else seems to play summoner or red mage instead.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The one-second Transpose window is absolutely my least favorite thing about BLM. Just put it on like a 5 second cooldown or something.

Also I wonder if '100% shield' Manaward would let you help with Double Attack or Akh Morn or other split tankbusters.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

It wouldn’t solve anything in hard content anyways where you get a damage down or it’s a straight one hit kill. Putting AM on maybe a 6s CD (or no cd?) would be a start.

It's just funny considering I used old Manawall to not get knocked back while I did rear end in a top hat poo poo like stand in Landslides/Avalanches/Divebombs while doing LB3 maybe and then they went "No, that is too fun, gently caress you."

I just can't get over the fact they took away the tools that allowed Black Mage to not have to move and then simultaneously made fights make you move even more AND punish you more for moving with poo poo like Ley Lines. it's just...what the gently caress. Yes, please take away all the fun poo poo we had and then make it so we don't even do the most DPS, this is the good poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Phone posted:

TDR: Titan (Hard)
2 wipes, 2 sprouts, just... bad

LDR: Aery
3 sprouts, at least 2 of them were watching all of the cutscenes, no wipes or deaths, 25 minute clear

:psyduck:

Sprouts are better than Mentors, I've found.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

itskage posted:

How dare you disrespect the developers and artists.

I just want to make the colors a bit more vibrant. :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I've seen like 2 mentors who actually did their job. Pretty sure the rest are just grinding for the mount

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I don't grind mentor roulette, but I do keep my mentor flag up on the off chance a newbie has a question that isn't handled by the cesspool that is the novice network.

It finally happened the other day after almost two years of waiting. :unsmith:

The newbie was confused why he couldn't play Stormblood with his friends after buying a job jump potion and was gutted when he learned the story skip one was a separate purchase and he couldn't afford a second one. :smith:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I don't grind mentor roulette, but I do keep my mentor flag up on the off chance a newbie has a question that isn't handled by the cesspool that is the novice network.

It finally happened the other day after almost two years of waiting. :unsmith:

The newbie was confused why he couldn't play Stormblood with his friends after buying a job jump potion and was gutted when he learned the story skip one was a separate purchase and he couldn't afford a second one. :smith:

I hope you explained the importance of respecting the content

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Alder posted:

I've attempted to solo some HW maps on DRK but it's so slow that I got overrun by mobs and died. How do you have the patience to solo it over and over? Typically, I just set-up PF w/support roles for glam farms and read a book. I still want Gordia glams but even on DRK no one will join my PF unless they want absurd ilvl reqs.

Oh I don't grind out the 60 dungeons solo, I just tried it that once to see if it was possible yet.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
We're doing maps tonight at 8pm ET.

--> get in <--

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They generally have more enthusiasm to play the game because it's all new to them, Mentors almost all have a lovely attitude and they've exhausted the content too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did they improve the drop rate on luminous crystals? I managed to get my Animated Hauteclaire pretty quickly.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did they improve the drop rate on luminous crystals? I managed to get my Animated Hauteclaire pretty quickly.

Yes but it's still grinding hell in the later stages for umbrites/sands. I'm waiting for them to nerf it again so I can have a awesome demon eye sword for glams but not want to die from farming.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They generally have more enthusiasm to play the game because it's all new to them, Mentors almost all have a lovely attitude and they've exhausted the content too.

The mentors in my FC never try to help me learn harder content. :negative:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Leofish posted:

I've probably capped my GC seals three times over trying to get the SCH book from Sohm Al to drop in the last couple of days. I can get my solo runs down to under 10 minutes. I think 9:10 is my fastest time so far. I could push under 9:00 if I didn't have to wait for dragons to land.

But, if anything, I at least now have full stacks of every single glamour prism so I'm set for life.

Still want that book though. The SMN one has dropped, but I haven't seen the SCH one yet.

I got the drop today, then immediately landed in Sohm Al in the LLDR I queued for. :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man I haven't gotten anything higher than Brayflox normal in LDR for the past two weeks.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Any idea when new content will be teased? I know we have a holiday event coming up presumably with a very good mount

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The not-christmas event stuff is probably next yeah. We just got a midway patch, so I wouldn't expect 4.2 until February or maybe late January though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did they ever say what the glamour feature everyone wanted is?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Are paladin or warrior job quests more interesting?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Warrior by default because Paladin job quests are terrible.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did they ever say what the glamour feature everyone wanted is?

Nope. My money's on per-job glamours, because it seems like it might be easier than 'glamour logs'.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Paladin to 50 is basically following the path of a dead paladin, iirc. 50-60 you find out that paladins play by highlander rules, and 60-70 is finally when you get to fight in the gladiator pits. All in all pretty meh.

Warrior is running around with Curious Gorge taming your inner beast, then running around with curious gorge's brother mastering your art from 50-60, and 60-70 is how Curious Gorge got his groove back. Lots of slapstick and lots of roebroes. Beefiest job quests in the game.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Paladin quests are terrible to mediocre, warrior quests are decent to funny.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Thank you for picking my next job, thread.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

We're doing maps tonight at 8pm ET.

--> get in <--

What a bust; 15 maps, only 5 led to canals. Got to level 5 once. :barf:

e: https://pastebin.com/aEKSeRGC

Phone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 26, 2017

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

vOv posted:

Nope. My money's on per-job glamours, because it seems like it might be easier than 'glamour logs'.

Please please please. I want this so badly.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I got Titan EX in mentor roulette yesterday. The other mentor was the other healer. The off tank and one of the DPS fell off the edge at the first opportunity every single attempt. But we still cleared with echo before it even got to the bomb pattern where you have to kill one. Not that it would matter because the echo was such that you could eat a bomb. The echo has really trivialized this stuff. Mog EX and Ramuh EX still destroy pugs, though. Jurry's still out on the HW primals--I almost never get them aside from Ravana and Limitless Blue. Both of which are easy.

As I do this a lot, I will say that there are some sprouts that are decidedly worse than any mentor I've ever seen. Today in mentor roulette I saw a thaumaturge that went through his rotation like this: Thunder 2 until 0 MP, then blizzard. I told him to cast fire and he'd cast fire like, when I told him to. But then after he hit 0 MP he'd go right back to blizzard/thunder 2. I spent like 5 minutes trying to convince him to stop and couldn't.

Another mentor roulette I had had a pugilist that stood in every AoE. We were in Copperbell mines. He died to every single bomb detonate on the second boss. Every. Single. One. Like, I was maybe thinking he was a bot or something. Meanwhile, the thaumaturge in our group only cast blizzard, despite pleas to do otherwise. He could barely understand how to keep up, once got separated and died, and we never saw him the rest of the dungeon. The tank, also a sprout, was fine, didn't seem to care about the fact that the two DPS were worthless and just kept pulling. in fact, he pulled every single monster in the dungeon.

Like, the mediocre I see with a lot of mentors doesn't touch some of the poo poo I've seen go down in mentor roulette. Not that I'm defending them because most people who choose to wear the crown outside of mentor roulette are a bit strange to me. But mentor roulette is like a different world. I don't know where these people come from, but 99% of them either can't type, don't know how to type, or don't even bother. So you've got to give them tips and observe them to see if they improve. I guess I can see now why 1-50 is such a big tutorial.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Paladin to 50 is basically following the path of a dead paladin, iirc. 50-60 you find out that paladins play by highlander rules, and 60-70 is finally when you get to fight in the gladiator pits. All in all pretty meh.

Warrior is running around with Curious Gorge taming your inner beast, then running around with curious gorge's brother mastering your art from 50-60, and 60-70 is how Curious Gorge got his groove back. Lots of slapstick and lots of roebroes. Beefiest job quests in the game.

Paladin to 50: Why yes, I AM the better man.
Warrior to 50: Goddangit you stupid warrior this is not that hard why are you so bad at this GOD DANG IT NOT AGAIN

Paladin 50-60: Paladins are Highlanders and I AM THE ONE (60's battle is pretty good.)
Warrior 50-60: Alright now we get to the good stuff STOP MOPING YOU DANG WARRIOR THIS IS AWESOME aww yeah it's flex time!

Paladin 60-70: I AM THE WARRIOR FIGHTING IN THE ARENA AWW YEAH THIS IS WHAT GLADIATOR IS ALL ABOUT gently caress you rich people for trying to ruin this AWWW YEAH I AM THE PYRE IN THE WEST VS. THE FLAMES OF THE EAST AND THE SUN IS BURNING RED!
Warrior 60-70: GOD DANGIT NOT AGAI- oh hey lady, yeah sorry but i'm like, khan of your peop- gorge, gorge just fuckin' say i- god dangit it's this romance plot again i can't even get excited about all these mammoths or whatever this is just cliche as hell.

Or in short, Warrior abilities are fun but I find the quests much, much more annoying than PLD blandness (and PLD is definitely not bland at 60-70. like holy crap warrior 60-70 was so cliche it was painful for me.)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I did the Paladin quests for 30 - 50 and liked them. :smith:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I did the Paladin quests for 30 - 50 and liked them. :smith:

It's been an age for me since I did them and the only detail I remember off the top of my head is the twist to the level 45 quest (no, no I am not their dog but it seems I have to beat you over the head with that.)

Which makes it only slightly more memorable than the warrior stuff :v:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Having a little fun with /gpose after hitting 70 BLM today.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
GLD 1-30 is fine. I remember not being impressed by 30-50. I liked 50-70 though. I definitely liked PLD's HW stuff more than DRK's. I couldn't care about the 50-60 DRK stuff at all and I tried.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

88 runs later, I finally have a Zurvan bird. Boy am I loving glad every other primal mount I've gone after has shown up for me in 20 runs or less.

Final tally: 16 bird drops seen, 1 party that *actually saw Soar*, 0 ninja weapons dropped

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hunter Noventa posted:

Having a little fun with /gpose after hitting 70 BLM today.

I really like the animations for Convert (because it really feels like a proper 'drawing on forbidden magic' pose) and Ley Lines.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hey y'all, sorry for a potentially redundant question but me and my gal signed up to play. I was trying to figure out about the refer a friend rewards. We don't automatically get them if say she refers me? Are we supposed to actually subscribe to start getting them, or is there something else? It's not terribly clear in the official site.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Servaetes posted:

Hey y'all, sorry for a potentially redundant question but me and my gal signed up to play. I was trying to figure out about the refer a friend rewards. We don't automatically get them if say she refers me? Are we supposed to actually subscribe to start getting them, or is there something else? It's not terribly clear in the official site.

You get bonuses based on the number of months they pay for. The free month that comes from buying the game doesn't count

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Phone posted:

What a bust; 15 maps, only 5 led to canals. Got to level 5 once. :barf:

e: https://pastebin.com/aEKSeRGC

Apologies for disappearing. My net went out for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

88 runs later, I finally have a Zurvan bird. Boy am I loving glad every other primal mount I've gone after has shown up for me in 20 runs or less.

Final tally: 16 bird drops seen, 1 party that *actually saw Soar*, 0 ninja weapons dropped

But did you bow to his infallible judgment?