Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SirSamVimes posted:

there may be situations in which taz'dingo is technically better but there is nothing in this game that feels better than landing a guillotine snipe on multiple targets

"ha ha ha I'll run away and you can't stop me!"
(Fwip fwip fwip fwip thunk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

SirSamVimes posted:

there may be situations in which taz'dingo is technically better but there is nothing in this game that feels better than landing a guillotine snipe on multiple targets

Watching Dunktrain dunk on people with guillotine is a joy to behold

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingWildGarageFeelsBadMan

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyMushyYakTinyFace

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man why are you guys trying to minmax a pve mode that is super easy to beat?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
because people have fun in different ways you goon.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

bio347 posted:

The only times I've wiped in the brawl are when somebody ignores Abathur on the second screen. It can make the Zagara pit a bit treacherous when the Monstrosity sneaks up behind you.

yeah i've wiped a few times and they're all in zagara's little fuckfest

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SirSamVimes posted:

Here's my post about how I build him.

Holy poo poo, thanks. Fuckin' got a triple kill with a single Guillotine for in excess of 2k damage. :getin:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kyrosiris posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks. Fuckin' got a triple kill with a single Guillotine for in excess of 2k damage. :getin:

there is no going back now. Once you go troll, you never reroll

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Grubby playing Valeera on the PTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLVOIP5UhY

Doesn't seem all too terrible.

Edit: just lost a game because Junkrat didn't do enough damage. He doesn't seem to be good at anything outside wave clear and being annoying.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 26, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I never understood the point of Amani Rage until I took it into Guillotine. Is there any other reason you'd want to lose half your health for 10 armor? Zul'jin doesn't have enough health to gamble on the 10% damage decrease.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Attack speed increase, guillotine, and the level 1 talent that gives spell power.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Watching Grubby use it, it's on such a short cooldown and you get your health back anyway that you can spam it as a psuedo-Marksman active for a burst of attack speed. Good for PvE purposes and if you're confident in your positioning or are just poking at folks you can freely pop it to get some extra damage out/stack your passive a little faster.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also bear in mind that it deducts half your current health, not your max health. If you're low enough health it might very well be worth sacrificing a comparatively tiny chunk in order to snag 10 armor, particularly if you're in a more organized game where you know you have a healer of some sort.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
4:33

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurtiveInquisitiveOrangeOSkomodo

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
They're all five members of TempoStorm and it took them about 4-5 hours to get this. They could consistently hit about 4:45 or less, but that last few seconds were rough.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Somebody on Reddit compiled direct links to VoDs for people who want to see the entire thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7flmg5/wr_escape_from_braxxis_in_433_by_tempo_storm/dqcqvcm/

Watching it from Illidan/Glaurung's perspective is indeed great, there is a part in the second section where he has to run away from a swarm of Banelings.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Toshimo posted:

because people have fun in different ways you goon.

This, and also the fact that a lot of us have fond memories of the RTS campaign modes that were a chunk of making Blizzard's name in the first place. Certainly not the only aspect of their fame, but one of them. To see that updated and translated into their crossover game in any way hits plenty of nostalgia and fun memory nerves I'm certain.

Starcraft 2 is good, but that was our last real hit of Blizzard PVE in anything resembling this style. This brawl is a basic and fairly easy start, for sure. But it could be a first step to any number of things, and I find the idea of doing something like a Warcraft 3 mission together with a group of friends a great concept.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Star posted:

The joy of being a nanoboosted Artanis

(don't death count shame me please)

having an ana who actually nanoboosts you instead of the kel thuzad or w/e while playing artanis is just a wonderful feeling

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Doesn't nanoboost just increase ability damage?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cuntellectual posted:

Yes.

I had an ana keep boosting my Graymane and then getting pissed when I kept swiping everywhere rather than staying still so she could heal me.

Also: how long until Xul goes down from 10k to 7k?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Cuntellectual posted:

Also gives +150% cooldown recharge. This can be absolutely disgusting on some heroes with already short cooldowns.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cuntellectual posted:

Yes, nano's good on Artanis because Twin Blades is his primary source of damage anyways.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

No Wave posted:

Yes, nano's good on Artanis because Twin Blades is his primary source of damage anyways.

I'm 99% sure spell damage doesn't affect twin blades because it's "makes two autoattacks" not "does an enhanced autoattack for XYZ" like Ragnaros' empower.

The cooldown thing makes sense, though.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm 99% sure spell damage doesn't affect twin blades because it's "makes two autoattacks" not "does an enhanced autoattack for XYZ" like Ragnaros' empower.

The cooldown thing makes sense, though.

Yeah the idea there is that nanoboosted Twin Blades has basically no cooldown. Not only are you impossible to escape from, but you'll be making GBS threads out trait shields all day long.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Edit: just lost a game because Junkrat didn't do enough damage. He doesn't seem to be good at anything outside wave clear and being annoying.

Junkrat doesn't have the raw damage output of AA heroes or burst of mages, but he does his damage from an extremely safe range. Once he gets Endless Nades at 16, his damage becomes competitive in teamfights. Until then, even a competent Junkrat demands that the rest of his team play a little differently; they need to wait for Junkrat to either get poke value or get a pick setup with his mine and/or trap. It's a bit like playing with Azmodan, in that you're basically a man down in every teamfight, and then suddenly a good dunk or an enemy leaving to answer siege will create the opening you need.

Junkrat is probably strongest on Volskaya, Towers of Doom, Cursed Hollow, and Braxis, because it's easiest to get value from that "poke until pick" style on point control maps.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Vanilla Bison posted:

Junkrat doesn't have the raw damage output of AA heroes or burst of mages, but he does his damage from an extremely safe range. Once he gets Endless Nades at 16, his damage becomes competitive in teamfights. Until then, even a competent Junkrat demands that the rest of his team play a little differently; they need to wait for Junkrat to either get poke value or get a pick setup with his mine and/or trap. It's a bit like playing with Azmodan, in that you're basically a man down in every teamfight, and then suddenly a good dunk or an enemy leaving to answer siege will create the opening you need.

Junkrat is probably strongest on Volskaya, Towers of Doom, Cursed Hollow, and Braxis, because it's easiest to get value from that "poke until pick" style on point control maps.

I guess the gold-plat junkrats are trash at junkrat, because I've never been impressed by him.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

SirSamVimes posted:

His mage build is disgusting.

For the first two talents, it depends how safe you feel being aggressive. If you're not too confident staying alive, take Headhunter and Voodoo Shuffle. The extra range and share removal are a lot of survivability. If you are confident, take Recklessness and Amani Rage. Amani Rage allows you to activate your spellpower bonus and makes Guillotine more consistent.

Level 7 is Arcanite Axes. This is not negotiable. When your baseline quest comes online, you will start making GBS threads out stupid amounts of damage.

Level 10 is Guillotine. Especially with Amani Rage, it allows you to deal a huge aoe burst and is incredibly good for sniping runners.

Level 13 is Lacerate or Ensnare. Lacerate allows you to put a substantial 60% slow out on multiple targets but Ensnare allows you to lock down a single target and vaporise them with your full combo.

Level 16 is Wrong Place Wrong Time. By now your quest should have hit 150 but if it hasn't then this will get you the rest. Once you have the quest done and this talent, you will become a god of death and everything will melt before you.

Level 20 is Buzzsaw. Guillotine being good means the forward rolling is good now and a free full heal if you get a kill is really powerful. I've been tempted to try Forest Medicine but never got around to it.

Dude. Thank you. I haven't had this much fun in a while.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So is "don't go fire build alex" the new "don't go twin blades varian"? catchin' some flak for going fire build alex..if anything it seems like you can heal *more* because you get to dragon more often.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's been the generally accepted build I've seen unless it's a situation where you won't get your E stacks reliably, depending on the map etc. The self-heal on E is great, getting the additional 20% slow makes it easier to build your stacks + self-heal for more so, yeah, it's pretty good most of the time. If people are giving you poo poo for your build mute them or tell them to gently caress off and mind their own poo poo.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So is "don't go fire build alex" the new "don't go twin blades varian"? catchin' some flak for going fire build alex..if anything it seems like you can heal *more* because you get to dragon more often.

I can kind of understand the reasoning. Until you complete the fireball quest you're not really getting anything particularly useful out of that talent and it takes longer to complete than it looks like at first glance, so I imagine a lot of people who pick that talent spend more time chasing enemies to try and farm stacks than they do other stuff that might not lead them into as many dangerous situations. Dragon form is super nice but honestly once you hit 10 being able to alternate between your Heroic and Dragonform as the need arises means you always have a heroic-tier ability on hand when you need one so idk how necessary the CDR talent really is.

So far my preferred Alex build is:

Level 1: Live and Let Live
Level 4: Heat Exhaustion
Level 7: Lifeblossom
Level 10: Cleansing Flame
Level 13: Pacify
Level 16: All of these seem pretty decent and I haven't really picked a favorite yet
Level 20: Ancient Flame (though Blessing of the Red is fun as well)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Speaking of Alex, I ran into a Cho'gall/Alex combo in QM and it was just a slaughter. There's not a whole lot your average QM team can do to Cho to make him not stand wherever the hell he wants, and percentage healing on him is simply ridiculous.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm not sure I'd go E-build Alex as a solo healer, but yeah, if you have a friend, it's outrageous and anyone who talks poo poo is just wrong.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm not sure I'd go E-build Alex as a solo healer, but yeah, if you have a friend, it's outrageous and anyone who talks poo poo is just wrong.

Yeah that's a fair point, if you're running two supports then you probably have a lot more freedom to go for it unless your other support wants to do some kind of DPS build themselves.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I think there's something fundamentally wrong with me because I consistently do a fuckton more healing when I go flame build as Alex than if I go the healing build

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

GenericOverusedName posted:

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with me because I consistently do a fuckton more healing when I go flame build as Alex than if I go the healing build

I'm actually in the same boat as Uther with his offensive build, I can't even begin to explain that one.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm actually in the same boat as Uther with his offensive build, I can't even begin to explain that one.

The self heal on holy shock goes a long way.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

I can kind of understand the reasoning. Until you complete the fireball quest you're not really getting anything particularly useful out of that talent and it takes longer to complete than it looks like at first glance, so I imagine a lot of people who pick that talent spend more time chasing enemies to try and farm stacks than they do other stuff that might not lead them into as many dangerous situations. Dragon form is super nice but honestly once you hit 10 being able to alternate between your Heroic and Dragonform as the need arises means you always have a heroic-tier ability on hand when you need one so idk how necessary the CDR talent really is.

So far my preferred Alex build is:

Level 1: Live and Let Live
Level 4: Heat Exhaustion
Level 7: Lifeblossom
Level 10: Cleansing Flame
Level 13: Pacify
Level 16: All of these seem pretty decent and I haven't really picked a favorite yet
Level 20: Ancient Flame (though Blessing of the Red is fun as well)

It just doesn't seem like the heal build does much more healing, for me anyway. Getting X extra dragon forms per match seems more valuable heal-wise than having your Q charge twice as fast.

I'd say generally Q is like, anti-poke and E is team fight/objective.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

appropriatemetaphor posted:

It just doesn't seem like the heal build does much more healing, for me anyway. Getting X extra dragon forms per match seems more valuable heal-wise than having your Q charge twice as fast.

I'd say generally Q is like, anti-poke and E is team fight/objective.

The real synergy is taking the 1 and 7 talents together because as long as you can stay healthy and snag the flowers that pop up you can basically hand out burst heals like crazy without having to worry about sacrificing your own health. I wouldn't take Live and Let Live unless I was also going for Lifeblossom, no, but together you really can just output a tremendous amount of healing.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

GenericOverusedName posted:

Most of that is probably self-healing with your E. Which is fine, because then you can actually spit out Qs without killing yourself.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Might be a dumb question but how the hell do you add people you played with to friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cuatal posted:

Might be a dumb question but how the hell do you add people you played with to friends?

At the score screen there is a party option for players who aren't in a party