Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Holy poo poo. I switched from a Hammerdin to Captain America and god drat the difference is amazing. I must have jumped up 100 paragon levels and at least ten GRs before I had to call it a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Primals should drop with a red beam instead of an orange one

Skulls

Uber-Ubers where you have to fight every boss at once

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All I want are these things:

- Pets pick up crafting materials
- Urshi no longer introduces herself when you complete the first greater rift since your last login
- An option to set a home act in adventure mode so that I don't have to jump out of Bastion's Keep all the time

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
- 'Diablo Mode' where you play as diablo and the only mobs that spawn are different humanoids and animals
- Unreal tournament announcer pack
- Make the big white cursor bigger, whiter.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'd be fine if they deleted Grotesques entirely from the game.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

- Make the big white cursor bigger, whiter.

Racist?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Vakal posted:

I'd be fine if they deleted Grotesques entirely from the game.

Rat Kings removed first please.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Greater rift that costs 2 keys but spawns only Elites with high density.

To keep people from freaking exclude them from leaderboards.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ooooh poo poo I didn't realise the new season started, I'm reinstalling my poo poo right this instant.

I'm gonna start with a U6 monk I think because I really do love that set and will take advantage of the gift. Which classes/sets got the buff this time for when I want to try the current most OP build?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pierson posted:

Ooooh poo poo I didn't realise the new season started, I'm reinstalling my poo poo right this instant.

I'm gonna start with a U6 monk I think because I really do love that set and will take advantage of the gift. Which classes/sets got the buff this time for when I want to try the current most OP build?
Pretty much all "decent" past builds seem to have been buffed to meet the level of the previous best builds.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pierson posted:

Current op monk build is sunwuko WoL

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mewse posted:

Current op monk build is sunwuko WoL

I think it is the most OP build in general at the moment, unless I'm missing some other crazy setup.

With zero ancient items, crap damage rolls on most of my stuff and mid level gems, I can easily poo poo out 250 billion crit damage to anything on screen at a rapid fire pace.

With a power pylon and the fire cycle on the COE ring it goes past a trillion easily.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I think with no ancient weapons I did a 70 within 5 minutes on Bell monk. Mediocre ancients got me a decent 90 with no augments. With in-geom I can carry 75s in 2-3 minutes, so yeah it's pretty good. While uliana is cool and all, once I got 6 piece SWK I was blasting t13s.

It is only a couple gear swaps to farm DBs with sage+LTK as well.

E: Vvv your best bet is to use lovely SWK rolled pieces and to convert them in the cube till you get an amulet (20 DBs/souls)

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 26, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm using my solid Hota barb to build that monk right now. Excited to try it out. Don't know how to get the set amulet tho.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Vakal posted:

I think it is the most OP build in general at the moment, unless I'm missing some other crazy setup.

With zero ancient items, crap damage rolls on most of my stuff and mid level gems, I can easily poo poo out 250 billion crit damage to anything on screen at a rapid fire pace.

With a power pylon and the fire cycle on the COE ring it goes past a trillion easily.

How does it compare to the Shadow-Impale DH build? I feel like that build can hit trillion crits with not super refined gear, and it has incredible toughness. I start monk this season to try to the new Uliana's, got discouraged in the quest for a Fist of Az and Flow of Eternity, and then mothballed my monk in favor of a DH. Maybe I should go back and try to gear up this SWK build.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

euphronius posted:

I'm using my solid Hota barb to build that monk right now. Excited to try it out. Don't know how to get the set amulet tho.

If you are gambling for the other set pieces, you can use the convert set item recipe in the cube to swap for a chance at the amulet.

McCoy Pauley posted:

How does it compare to the Shadow-Impale DH build? I feel like that build can hit trillion crits with not super refined gear, and it has incredible toughness. I start monk this season to try to the new Uliana's, got discouraged in the quest for a Fist of Az and Flow of Eternity, and then mothballed my monk in favor of a DH. Maybe I should go back and try to gear up this SWK build.

In my opinion, Shadow DH is still going to be the premiere single-target murderer, and I would suspect will hit something like a Rift Guardian harder than a Sunwuko monk. The monk hits for a bit less, but it hits 2/3 of the screen each cast.

I love the poo poo out of Uliana, but my U6 build with a bunch of ancients and augments took twice as long to clear a GR 75 as the same monk with a Sunwuko build that had literally one ancient item.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just gamble up shoulders then?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Whichever SWK piece you feel like gambling for 25, but yeah.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

euphronius posted:

Just gamble up shoulders then?

I'd say gamble for helms if you don't have the Tzo Krin's Gaze yet. Then just cube any SWK helms .

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Vakal posted:

It's the best monk build, but I wouldn't say the best overall whatsoever. Even for solo grifts I'd rather use a condemn crusader. Charge barb is also completely ridiculous.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 26, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bell Monk and HOTA barb are basically the exact same spec except monk has a little more freedom in positioning and so on. Charge barb is really strong but it's completely unchanged other than the damage bump IE it fuckin sucks to play. Condemn crusader is probably the best.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I like HOTA barb tankiness a lot more than WoL monk, though I got a bellmonk up to 350mill toughness so they can actually be comparable.

Condemn crusader is just all around ridiculous. It most reminds me of the bonestorm lazy necro from last season, except able to do 30 more GR. Leorics crown + string of ears (in place of the CDR belt and aquilas) is the new thing with it that makes it even more ridiculous, though that hasn't made its way into any of the guides yet. Seasonal leaderboard for crusader is pretty unanimous.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 26, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Bell monk you can't get as tough but they have more aoe and can stand across the screen so w/e.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I want to roll condemn but all 5 Akkhans that have dropped for me natively rolled thorns so i guess.....

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I want to roll condemn but all 5 Akkhans that have dropped for me natively rolled thorns so i guess.....

reroll set is super super cheap yknow

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Took me ~20 rerolls to get my weapon Ancient today, and it's in the bottom 10% of damage roll and has no "special" perks and 2 of its 3 blue perks are total crap, like... life per hit and Mana per second.

Fugggg

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I want to be a wizard and cast spells. Is wizard a good meta pick this season

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wizards are always really good and have basically never not been good for the entirety of D3's lifespan.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Theres even a really good non archon wiz build

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The best group meta is meteor wizard, leapquake Barb, and two other people frantically guessing which patches of Floor Lava are enemies and which are allied

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Wizards are always really good and have basically never not been good for the entirety of D3's lifespan.

Quoting for truth

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The best group meta is meteor wizard, leapquake Barb, and two other people frantically guessing which patches of Floor Lava are enemies and which are allied

Add in a 2.6 hammerdin and a necro with a million pets

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Marauder chakram DH is always really good for :gizz:ing all over another player's screen. Has a bit of setup though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lmao when it breaks audio

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Okay I just levelled a wiz to 70 and it's comforting that the levelling experience remains totally unchanged, ie. being slow and weak until you get disintegrate and then mowing everything down over a couple of hours

Also teleport

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Disintegrate is the coolest skill. It's too bad there isn't a single competitive build that uses it (I think?)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Disintegrate is the coolest skill. It's too bad there isn't a single competitive build that uses it (I think?)

Most of the channeling builds use Arcane Torrent with either Static Discharge for lightning procs or Flame Ward for the DR. You can substitute Flame Ward for Disintegrate Convergence on a channeling firebirds build though. You lose the DR but it is a touch easier to ignite mobs in bigger numbers since it pierces.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You can use disintegrate or ray of frost with meteor builds if you want to its just a little sub optimal and can gently caress with your meteor type.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So now that Consoles have gotten 3 Seasons under their belt, we've got all 6 pieces of the Conqueror transmog unlocked.

Do Conqueror transmogs only go to Non-Season though? I literally only play Seasonal so it's a bit lame if my NonSeason guy can wear all 6 but my Seasonal will only ever have 2 Conqueror transmogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean technically disintegrate was your main attack as a Tal-Vyr’s archon, but you had to be in Archon mode for it