Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

hifi posted:

I agree and it feels like the money's finally starting to pour in after years of expansion, but he's also saying stuff like:

https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/status/934880533967904768

and on top of a 12 million dollar buyout, what exactly is the plan here to vault us into being a top 15 team

The ASU Foundation has a decent bit of money so I’m not sure paying the buyout will be a big deal. Several years ago, yeah, but conning the state legislature into letting ASU create the special tax district is a huge benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pandanaut posted:

It’s not going to happen, but say Aggie does go out and get Jimbo.

What does Florida State do? We just saw a comparable program in Florida go through the carousel and end up with Mullen (who will be good but likely wasn’t the first choice). Would there be anyone out there who will be available to Florida State who hasn’t been connected elsewhere? I feel like that’s a pretty sweet gig if not a crown jewel program.

Petrino

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

General Dog posted:

He's been there for ten years, he went through a divorce there, maybe he just feels like he could use a fresh start. Chase some of that upper crust Houston slizz.

Ah I didn't know about the divorce thing.

I mean if that's the case then....you do you Jimbo :quagmire:

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Excellent. Could Vol Internet be saving the day? I’m not in Knoxville, so what’s the local media reaction like?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

start rioting in the streets Tennessee fans

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please don't go, Jimbo. :ohdearsass:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
tennessee fans knifing the schiano hire would own, but also especially if they end up with CLAWFENSE

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Our QB is getting ripped for posting this:

https://twitter.com/broadwayjay2/status/934898356593332224

Every time I think we have burnt it to the ground we find a new low.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SourKraut posted:

The ASU Foundation has a decent bit of money so I’m not sure paying the buyout will be a big deal. Several years ago, yeah, but conning the state legislature into letting ASU create the special tax district is a huge benefit.

Yeah I'm leaning towards that, it's just that we're jumpstarting football basketball hockey and maybe (?) baseball, and renovating or building arenas for all 4 of those sports, and covering every available surface with solar panels and he pulls out that "aggressively fair" line

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Tennessee's AD is just gonna go "well gently caress you then" and hire Skip Holtz and then quit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man the SEC is brutal, i thought sumlin would be at A&M for awhile

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
We've tried the Clawfense.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Excellent. Could Vol Internet be saving the day? I’m not in Knoxville, so what’s the local media reaction like?

Unhappy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

second time is a charm

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Radio guys are hot about it. One of them said he wanted to curb stomp Currie which is just...lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bring me sumlin

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

Tennessee's AD is just gonna go "well gently caress you then" and hire Skip Holtz and then quit.

there are people here who want to hire skip holtz and i will personally slap shane lyons if that happens

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Petrino to Tennessee

you've already said "to hell with morals" in attempting to hire Greg Schiano, so why not hire someone fun?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jon__Reed/status/934899794832584704

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Supposedly there’s a press conference at 9pm

Currie gonna roll Gruden out there and be like “lol gotcha”

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Petrino to Tennessee

admin is too drat dumb to author something this good

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/kcj55/status/934899798397915136

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

admin is too drat dumb to author something this good

petrino is a huge poo poo head who will burn your program down in like 4 years

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

The guy has a family. There is no way they are going to move into this environment.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

petrino is a huge poo poo head who will burn your program down in like 4 years

what is dead can never die

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lmao If I were Greg I'd just stay in Ohio

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

nate fisher posted:

The guy has a family. There is no way they are going to move into this environment.

Buy are people going to keep this up if Tennessee goes through with it?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
loving Tennessee. Why can’t I be a fan of another team so I could fully enjoy how chaotic you and your fanbase are.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

JesustheDarkLord posted:

He’s been good everywhere except Tennessee, it’s kinda crazy how that one year seems to have sullied his rep so much in a lot of people’s eyes.

Also lol please give me Gary Kubiak at A&M. What that team really needs is Mike Sherman again, only a less successful version this time

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

holy gently caress

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/glennjacobstn/status/934900733568315394

THE BIG RED MACHINE WEIGHS IN

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

While I'm frankly somewhat disappointed by whiffing on Kelly and not being a realistic candidate for Frost, I'm actually very happy with the potential Mullen hire.

Dude's been a consistent winner and has pushed Saban to the limit regularly with a shallower talent pool at Mississippi State.

No he's not a super exciting hire, but he's young, a great QB coach and goddamn it we know he can run a program. He makes great hires (Geoff Collins) and has a great eye for talent.

Yeah, I'm psyched--mostly because I know UF will move the ball again with him at the helm.

Also, I'm secretly hoping Frost ends up at Nebraska now because it just seems right or something.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

He’s been good everywhere except Tennessee, it’s kinda crazy how that one year seems to have sullied his rep so much in a lot of people’s eyes.

Also lol please give me Gary Kubiak at A&M. What that team really needs is Mike Sherman again, only a less successful version this time

I'd be perfectly happy if for some reason we have a vacancy if we hired the CLAWFENSE

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Sumlin officially out at A&M, if no one's posted: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21574091/texas-aggies-fire-coach-kevin-sumlin-six-seasons

Also, I updated the OP with all of what's gone on.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/934902206243000320

lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kane burned down his house and hosed a corpse who is he to judge?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

hifi posted:

Yeah I'm leaning towards that, it's just that we're jumpstarting football basketball hockey and maybe (?) baseball, and renovating or building arenas for all 4 of those sports, and covering every available surface with solar panels and he pulls out that "aggressively fair" line

My guess is they’ll model it after Rich Rod’s contract which I think is similarly performance-based (but maybe to a lesser extent than what Anderson is planning?)

I think he has to target someone like Sumlin if his quote about top-3 PAC 12 is true to his view, since otherwise he may not be around long enough himself for the next coach to be fired.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Seriously, Bowling Green and Wake Forest were disasters when he rolled into town and he did a hell of a job to build up both in his times at each.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SourKraut posted:

My guess is they’ll model it after Rich Rod’s contract which I think is similarly performance-based (but maybe to a lesser extent than what Anderson is planning?)

I think he has to target someone like Sumlin if his quote about top-3 PAC 12 is true to his view, since otherwise he may not be around long enough himself for the next coach to be fired.

Sumlin finished third in the SEC like once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
congrats gator goons

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/934902416184668160

• Locked thread