Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acelerion
May 3, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao her boss is basically endorsing a senate candidate that is accused of molesting teens. SheHuck is a garbage person.

agreed, but i thought it was notable someone with her business card is discussing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Acelerion posted:

agreed, but i thought it was notable someone with her business card is discussing it

this admin does nothing but weigh in on dumb poo poo that's on TV

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

He had a pretty good run at Houston?

Everyone seems to have a pretty good run at Houston.

Along those lines, Arkansas is kicking the tires on Major Applewhite.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
the end result of this being brady hoke being hc of the vols would own

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

like every vacancy that came up for the last like five years sumlin was mentioned, and especially at the pro level
And? Bill Cowher still gets mentioned and he's the literal definition of a has-been at this point. Sumlin is a good coach in a sport filled with bad coaches, so yes he'll get a lot of buzz.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Korranus posted:

Along those lines, Arkansas is kicking the tires on Major Applewhite.

I love me some Major, but oof

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m blown away that Currie has held his silence through all this. Never denied the Gruden stuff and now hasn’t said a word to this Schiano mess.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Time to bring back Philip Fulmer.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
All this anger is gonna get Greg Schiano a coaching job at Penn State, he's exactly the kind of coach they want.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

gently caress THAT

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the end result of this being brady hoke being hc of the vols would own

the best timeline

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope Hoke gets the job, and turns into a legend down there.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I mean I agree with Kirk with regard to not ruining someone's reputation without evidence, but I'm pretty sure the evidence in this case is a legal affadavit

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fans already hate Hoke for dismissing our best WR as an interim coach and Currie for allowing it to happen

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I have it on good authority that Mike Stoops, the DC of the #2 team in the country, is available. Someone should definitely hire that guy.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I have it on good authority that Mike Stoops, the DC of the #2 team in the country, is available. Someone should definitely hire that guy.

This is true. Can’t recommend him more highly to you, Vols fans. Take a look at the team's great record the last few years—can’t argue with that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Someone please hire Tommy Tubberville so I don't have to hear him on ESPN anymore

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was serious, other than not acting like a dumb rear end in a top hat during press conferences what about Sumlin at A&M would make him a notable upgrade from Butch?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Mullen's a somewhat better hire than Chip Kelly and a way better hire than Scott Frost in my book so good job Gators.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I too am very interested in the ASU head coaching vacancy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hate Tennessee and their fans but holy poo poo their trolling of Schiano is next level awesome and I couldn't be more ecstatic

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Bert at ASU would be "Shirtless Edward 40-hands" 24/7.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

:getin:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

I was serious, other than not acting like a dumb rear end in a top hat during press conferences what about Sumlin at A&M would make him a notable upgrade from Butch?

Sumlin never had a losing season in a division that required playing Bama every year; whether that counts as a notable upgrade over Butch is up to the reader

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

It's indicative of how desperate this cycle is that people are talking about him like he's Mark Richt or somethig. He's a good guy, he'll do fine wherever he goes, but barring extraordinary circumstances he definitely has a ceiling. If he couldn't meet expectations at A&M, he's certainly not going to meet them at Tennessee.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 27, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/934916360555003904

Wonder what grudens doing too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

fast cars loose anus posted:

Sumlin never had a losing season in a division that required playing Bama every year; whether that counts as a notable upgrade over Butch is up to the reader

UT plays Bama every year too

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Tennessee fans are the best fans. And theres no reason to hate us anymore were terrible

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

This tells you how much I have been paying attention to other SEC teams lately. In any case Sumlin actually won once and played them close this year and the overall point stands.

He's not a big upgrade but he wouldn't be a downgrade either

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Sumlin did go to bowls with more than one quarterback, and I don't remember anyone just quitting on the team in the middle of the year (did Kenny Hill?). I don't think it's a reach to say he's better than Butch.

It's a reach to say he's much better than Butch, or that anyone should really want him. But he hops over the Butch bar by a bit I think.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sumlin had one really awesome year with arguably the best OC in the sport, a loaded offensive line that he inherited, and a once in a generation QB that he also inherited. Otherwise he was at like 7-8 wins every year which is fine but doesn’t seem like something that should instantly make a top candidate for like every opening.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Sumlin did go to bowls with more than one quarterback, and I don't remember anyone just quitting on the team in the middle of the year (did Kenny Hill?). I don't think it's a reach to say he's better than Butch.

It's a reach to say he's much better than Butch, or that anyone should really want him. But he hops over the Butch bar by a bit I think.

allen and murray both quit on sumlin in 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Arizona trying to implode harder than tenny

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Man, kudos to Florida. They let McElwain get away with exactly one week of nonsense before canning his rear end, then they quickly and quietly hired a solid choice to replace him.

Does anyone at UT know anything about PR?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

hifi posted:

allen and murray both quit on sumlin in 2015

yeah I was gonna say didn’t he lose like his entire QB depth chart over night

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

got any sevens posted:

Where the gently caress did this poo poo come from

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

got any sevens posted:

Nothing in that tweet says that they’re interested in him

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bielema sounds like a terrible fit for the Pac-12. I know Stanford exists but they're weird for a reason.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait so if Schiano already signed the deal and Currie backs out, do we owe him a buyout?

Goddamn fire Currie into the sun if that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’d be okay with this if only because I don’t want Mack anywhere near the Texas AD position. We already had an old guy who refused to fire anybody and his name was Deloss Dodds.

• Locked thread