Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Disintegrate is the coolest skill. It's too bad there isn't a single competitive build that uses it (I think?)

Disintegrate has consistently felt satisfying and fun since the closed beta to me, if I'm playing Wizard I'm finding a way to fit it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

You can use disintegrate or ray of frost with meteor builds if you want to its just a little sub optimal and can gently caress with your meteor type.
The Tal's meteor-channel build uses Ray of Frost as its primary channel, AFAIK, because Cold Blood plus Power of the Storm gets you a really cheap channel.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So now that Consoles have gotten 3 Seasons under their belt, we've got all 6 pieces of the Conqueror transmog unlocked.

Do Conqueror transmogs only go to Non-Season though? I literally only play Seasonal so it's a bit lame if my NonSeason guy can wear all 6 but my Seasonal will only ever have 2 Conqueror transmogs.

I believe it's one of the xmogs that is always available once unlocked, so you should be able to use them right away during every season, like some of the "white" weapon xmogs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DrSeRRoD posted:

I believe it's one of the xmogs that is always available once unlocked, so you should be able to use them right away during every season, like some of the "white" weapon xmogs.

Awesome, hoping so.

You know what's silly? The Console versions don't have any names associated with transmogs. It's just a list of images with no name. You might be able to reverse-check the name by transmogging something and then inspecting the gear, though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really loved disintegrate: entropy. Think I need to gimmick that up again

Vakal
May 11, 2008

PathAsc posted:

I really loved disintegrate: entropy. Think I need to gimmick that up again

New wizard set idea.

2 pc: Mirror image clones lasts forever.
4 pc: Mirror image clones cast channeling spells (ray of frost/arcane torrent/disintegration) at equal strength as the player.
6 pc. Any enemy hit by three channeling spells at the same time take (insert percentage) increased damage.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 27, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vakal posted:

New wizard set idea.

2 pc: Mirror image clones lasts forever.
4 pc: Mirror image clones cast channeling spells (ray of frost/arcane torrent/disintegration) at equal strength as the player.
6 pc. Any enemy hit by three channeling spells at the same time take (insert percentage) increased damage.

Would be sweet

Vakal
May 11, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Would be sweet

Bonus points if the set is named "Holy gently caress These Lasers!"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vakal posted:

Bonus points if the set is named "Holy gently caress These Lasers!"

I'm pretty excited to start playing again Tuesday, haven't gotten to try this patch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

I'm pretty excited to start playing again Tuesday, haven't gotten to try this patch.

You are in my Xbox Destiny Clan... Do you play Diablo on Console at all or just PC?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You are in my Xbox Destiny Clan... Do you play Diablo on Console at all or just PC?

I have it on console, I need to play this week finally now that I'm about on vacation

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bonestorm Krew

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bonestorm Krew

You know it, that's what I roll on pc, will do it on bone too. I'll ping you this week

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Build me Bonestorm or GO TO HELL

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bones for the bonedaddy, golems for his throne

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
The speedfarm pestilence build this season is so fun, you just teleport around while everything explodes. Reminds me of firerasha.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ort posted:

The speedfarm pestilence build this season is so fun, you just teleport around while everything explodes. Reminds me of firerasha.

Yo lemme get that build holmes

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo lemme get that build holmes

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/94596-2-6-1-blight-spear-speedfarm-gr85

It's a little finnicky at first and depends on cdr quite a bit but I can run GR70s in <3 minutes with it. Just always spam bone spear to proc zodiac while you teleport around, autocasting devour shoots corpse lances at everything on the screen for you.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Day 2 of playing wizard and I have full Vyrs cubed ingeom/swami/manald heal and the archon belt

Ripping through GR60 like it's Torment 1 lol

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I feel as if I were intentionally trolled.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone mentioned TurboHUD in chat the other day. Anyone used it, and has anyone actually been banned for it? It seems like Blizzard doesn't give a poo poo about bots, I doubt that thing would matter.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Beach Bum posted:

I feel as if I were intentionally trolled.

A shame you got a minimum damage roll on the legendary ability

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

:thejoke:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I read that as rolled and not trolled. :v:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there any feasible way to get a 100% uptime on the necro's simulacrum blood & bone?

I want to cover the screen in bone spears and never stop.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 27, 2017

Vakal posted:

Is there any feasible way to get a 100% uptime on the necro's simulacrum blood & bone?

I want to cover the screen in bone spears and never stop.

Probably, use the amulet that doubles duration, run gogok, orotz, ingeom, cdr in every slot.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm running one in the cube anyhow, joke's on you Blizzard*!

*because I still haven't even seen a single Unity yet at P522 :negative:

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
How do you reliably play with other people? Is 0-70 just a solitary desert now?

Like I'll bump into people once I hit cap but it's not like D2 back in the day :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's because even solo with no boosts of any kind you do 0-70 in like...three hours? It's practically the tutorial.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Space Whale posted:

How do you reliably play with other people? Is 0-70 just a solitary desert now?

Like I'll bump into people once I hit cap but it's not like D2 back in the day :smith:

Join the LLJK community. It's reasonably busy.

You can ask for a powerlevel if you want to skip 0-70. If not, then you'll probably be on your own until you get to 70, at which point you can join public games or play with other goons.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

twice burned ice posted:

Join the LLJK community. It's reasonably busy.

You can ask for a powerlevel if you want to skip 0-70. If not, then you'll probably be on your own until you get to 70, at which point you can join public games or play with other goons.

How? I notice the clan thingy in D3 but have yet to use it. Or is it a discord or w/e.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone mentioned TurboHUD in chat the other day. Anyone used it, and has anyone actually been banned for it? It seems like Blizzard doesn't give a poo poo about bots, I doubt that thing would matter.

They do give a poo poo and you absolutely will be banned. gently caress off huge ban waves still happen all the time and are usually timed for end of seasons to make sure the cheaters don't have enough time to reclimb the ladder.

Space Whale posted:

How? I notice the clan thingy in D3 but have yet to use it. Or is it a discord or w/e.

There are clans and communities. When we refer to LLJK we mean the community. On PC, do a community search for LLJK and just join it. It'll be another chat you sit in, like General, and you can make Goons do your bidding ask for favors.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 27, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Is there an LLJK equivalent for Eurotrash

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Dameius posted:

They do give a poo poo and you absolutely will be banned. gently caress off huge ban waves still happen all the time and are usually timed for end of seasons to make sure the cheaters don't have enough time to reclimb the ladder.

Maybe if you're jockeying for top leaderboard position but as a filthy casual I've been enjoying its inventory management perks for years without an issue.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

JohnnySavs posted:

Maybe if you're jockeying for top leaderboard position but as a filthy casual I've been enjoying its inventory management perks for years without an issue.

Caveat Emptor, but their official stance is that it isn't allowed, it is actively scanned for, and actively banned for.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dameius posted:

Caveat Emptor, but their official stance is that it isn't allowed, it is actively scanned for, and actively banned for.

Do you have a source for people being banned for TurboHUD? And if so, were they just top 100 players? I don't care about being top 100.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Since it involves Warden, Blizzard likely will never say much about it, but thud's FAQ talks about how it is not officially sanctioned and detectable by Warden, and apparently in a Q69 interview a dev said it wasn't allowed.

I am not going to try and hunt that thing down, but just be aware that its use is bannable, whether they actively ban frequently for it or not. Botting is the bigger fish they go for, no argument there, which is why I said caveat emptor for using thud.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So, no on the source for me being absolutely banned?

EDIT: I'm aware that it is bannable, I asked for examples of people being banned, ever, that aren't top 100 ladder.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 27, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So, no on the source for me being absolutely banned?

EDIT: I'm aware that it is bannable, I asked for examples of people being banned, ever, that aren't top 100 ladder.

You could look in the old thread, I'm not assed to find it for you. It's happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

It happened a couple seasons ago where a pretty big wave went out for it. I highly doubt people slumming it sub GR100 will come up on their radar though.