Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

let's hear from an aspiring tennessee politician

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/934900733568315394

(it's kane)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

LiquidFriend posted:

There's usually a honeymoon period that either side could walk back on. I think right now the feeling would be a mutual one on Plan B.

If by Bill Cowher, you mean referees, yeah dude. Anyways he hasn't coached in over a decade.

lol you're an idiot

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

In December 2010, Pitt hired a guy to replace Wannstedt. 16 days later he got arrested for domestic violence and fired. I assume there was a morals clause to prevent him getting a buyout, but I'm not sure you could use that to get out of this Schiano shitshow since none of this is exactly news.

Side note: this ended up with Pitt renting Todd Graham for a year, so maybe that's how this ends up in Tennessee!

It's simpler than that. In that case you're basically firing him with cause, which in almost every case means you don't get the buyout.

E: the contract likely wasn't finalized either, so Pitt may have said he violated the terms of the MOU and dumped him that way.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 27, 2017

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/breaking-tennessee-s-talks-with-greg-schiano-stall-deal-off

I think the deal is off? Anyone hearing similar reports?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol you're an idiot
lol k

Being a name mentioned in a search isn't a barometer to coaching greatness, but you got me dude. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrewHicken15/status/934899577609744384

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

LiquidFriend posted:

lol k

Being a name mentioned in a search isn't a barometer to coaching greatness, but you got me dude. :v:

two coaches who are roughly equivalent in name rec, a guy who's one of the best coaches in nfl history and kevin sumlin.

yeah you're good at this

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nice meltdown

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Have the Penn State fans chimed in to blame the whole scandal on Schiano yet?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Have the Penn State fans chimed in to blame the whole scandal on Schiano yet?

Who cares what PSU fans think

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

two coaches who are roughly equivalent in name rec, a guy who's one of the best coaches in nfl history and kevin sumlin.

yeah you're good at this
He hasn't coached in over a decade and has shown zero desire to coach again. Why the gently caress are you trying to size the two up? Names are thrown out for clicks and raises.

What a stupid tangent you're going on here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Given the last 48 hours, I believe it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

He hasn't coached in over a decade and has shown zero desire to coach again. Why the gently caress are you trying to size the two up?

What a stupid tangent you're going on here.

you're the one who did that you loving moron

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

gently caress this idiot and his dumb article

Won’t someone think of the child rape enablers???

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you're the one who did that you loving moron
Okay there guy. Quote where I said Sumlin is Bill Cowher.

I said Bill Cowher is a has-been and a guy that has no desire to coach and has been out of it for over a decade is exactly that. The point is literally names are thrown out with no actual logical reasoning, to where they throw out names that aren't even actually legitimate.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Vertical Lime posted:

let's hear from an aspiring tennessee politician

https://twitter.com/GlennJacobsTN/status/934900733568315394

(it's kane)

Bring out the chair kane

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

Okay there guy. Quote where I said Sumlin is Bill Cowher.

I said Bill Cowher is a has-been and a guy that has no desire to coach and has been out of it for over a decade is exactly that. The point is literally names are thrown out with no actual logical reasoning.

Bill Cowher getting mentioned makes way, way more loving sense for an NFL job than Sumlin and I am not sure how you can possibly think that was the analogy to draw? Like you're an idiot thanks for playing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PrinceRandom posted:

I like the idea of Sumlin in the Pac-12 personally, Also I'm already fully mentally prepared for a Chad Morris hiring.

Sumlin recruiting the SW and going head to head with USC and a Chip Kelly-led UCLA would loving awesome.

How much longer is Khalil Tate at Arizona? Could be the most fun division in CFB.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hello, it is me a poster who clearly knows nothing about what he's talking about, but shall posit about it anyway.

buddy, it's coaching carousel season :justpost:

I don't know if Morris would be a clear upgrade over Sumlin if A&M strikes out on Jimbo? Sumlin is okay to maybe good, and performed at/or slightly below the talent level and historical expectations for A&M. A&M is looking for someone to take 'em to the promised land, and Morris doesn't seem like someone to really raise the bar for A&M.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Bill Cowher getting mentioned makes way, way more loving sense for an NFL job than Sumlin and I am not sure how you can possibly think that was the analogy to draw? Like you're an idiot thanks for playing.
A guy that said, "I do not want to coach anymore" doesn't many any more sense than a good college coach being named. What in the gently caress are you talking about?

Why are you digging in further in a stupid, pointless hole? Are you Bill Cowher's loving publicist?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
why are there people trying to defend schiano so much i don't get it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
So who are the realistic options for Tennessee after all this? And how long will they wait?

Provided they don't have to find a new AD first.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

A guy that said, "I do not want to coach anymore" doesn't many any more sense than a good college coach being named. What in the gently caress are you talking about?

Why are you digging in further in a stupid, pointless hole? Are you Bill Cowher's loving publicist?

The point was Sumlin's not even a good college coach? Like I am offended cause you made a stupid analogy, then tried to go after Cowher as not actually good, and keep defending your stupidity.

Godzilla07 posted:

buddy, it's coaching carousel season :justpost:

I don't know if Morris would be a clear upgrade over Sumlin if A&M strikes out on Jimbo? Sumlin is okay to maybe good, and performed at/or slightly below the talent level and historical expectations for A&M. A&M is looking for someone to take 'em to the promised land, and Morris doesn't seem like someone to really raise the bar for A&M.

SMU was in really lovely shape and has been a lovely job for like most of the last thirty years. Winning there, in like, your first year is a good sign.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

why are there people trying to defend schiano so much i don't get it

He’s been a coach long enough that he’s part of the Brotherhood so will always have a job and defenders in the media

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The point was Sumlin's not even a good college coach? Like I am offended cause you made a stupid analogy, then tried to go after Cowher as not actually good, and keep defending your stupidity.
I'd say going 86-43 is pretty good. Sorry Sumlin doesn't fit your stupid standard for good.

Your point is stupid, which is why you had to resort with name calling.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd say going 86-43 is pretty good. Sorry Sumlin doesn't fit your stupid standard for good.

Your point is stupid, which is why you had to resort with name calling.

you're adorable

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress this idiot and his dumb article

Won’t someone think of the child rape enablers???

OH YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE EASY

https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/934938986489040896

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I have a feeling that Fulmer will step into the AD rule if Currie is fired. From there who knows? Reach out to former alumni (Tee Martin could become a real possibility), former assistants (Kevin Steele), or a fired coach looking for redemption (Sumlin).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I left my heart in Tennessee

https://twitter.com/BradJonesBBBTV/status/934940293341876224

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/934950262799613952

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

nate fisher posted:

I have a feeling that Fulmer will step into the AD rule if Currie is fired. From there who knows? Reach out to former alumni (Tee Martin could become a real possibility), former assistants (Kevin Steele), or a fired coach looking for redemption (Sumlin).

That's a lot of time without a head coach, so my guess is maybe someone like Cutler or you take the interim tag off Brady and give him a short term deal to settle poo poo down and make and make an actual hire later.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/934952489954283520

As I mentioned earlier, MOU *not* signed contract. Would be pretty shocked if UT owed him any actual money.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Soul Glo posted:

So who are the realistic options for Tennessee after all this? And how long will they wait?

Provided they don't have to find a new AD first.

EVERYONE BACK ON THE GRUDEN TRAIN *runs train into wall*

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oh god. Doesn't a BoR have to approve these deals before they are official?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Schiano was a smokescreen to sneak Gruden in

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

At least with that $20 million Schiano can enjoy a nice retirement.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I've got two Vols fans on my facebook saying they would be ok with Kiffin coming back.

Crazy days...

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That's a lot of time without a head coach, so my guess is maybe someone like Cutler or you take the interim tag off Brady and give him a short term deal to settle poo poo down and make and make an actual hire later.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/934952489954283520

As I mentioned earlier, MOU *not* signed contract. Would be pretty shocked if UT owed him any actual money.

That early signing period is a bitch. I believe they can still hire someone in the next 5 days, but Jesus what a dumpster fire.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

sorry not cutler cutcliff

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Schiano was a smokescreen to sneak Gruden in

Not the first time I’ve read this exact phrase today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Eltoasto posted:

I've got two Vols fans on my facebook saying they would be ok with Kiffin coming back.

Crazy days...

Kiffin coming back would be the perfect capper to this insanity.

Best part is the fanbase probably even wouldn’t be as pissed about it after the Schiano ordeal.

• Locked thread