Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

today was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao at thinking Gruden was an option

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Does... anyone have a summary of all the moves in the last 48?

Because this is nuts

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/nick_pants/status/934975323116130305

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

"He's Butch Jones after he eats the mushroom in Mario" holy poo poo lol

Ive been workshopping a joke in my head all day about how they look like actual cavemen but lmfao

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

"This program needs an enema." Quality thread title IMHO.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm actually a little disappointed that the carousel has been so nuts today. Normally, we'd get a day or two of Dan Mullen chat. I have to admit, I know little about his recruiting. Evidently, he can find QBs. What about all the other positions? Does he have a strong recruiting rep?
Yeah, he's got a pretty good reputation in general. He was at Florida before and an excellent coordinator/recruiter there. Given their limitations, he's done a pretty decent job recruiting at MSU. He's typically been pulling in classes ranked somewhere in the 20s - not quite enough to really compete for SEC West titles, but excellent given MSU just doesn't have the cachet to regularly win recruiting battles for all-everything studs.

Almost as importantly, he's also done an excellent job developing the talent once it gets on campus, which has honestly been Florida's biggest problem - their recruiting rankings were always fine, but players (especially QBs!) often didn't quite take that next step.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mcmagic posted:

Schiano should literally sue these guys.

As someone who thinks it’d be really funny to see Greg Schiano waste a lot of money and lose a lawsuit I agree

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

As someone who thinks it’d be really funny to see Greg Schiano waste a lot of money and lose a lawsuit I agree

Worth it just for the discovery.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

YOU WILL LEARN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DEFAME A SCHIANOMAN

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

an adult beverage posted:

You will need a new avatar.

Good point... it's a long, long offseason though so I've got plenty of time :smith:

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

The "nicer old lady" is clearly the agent of chaos here.

quote:

That's Greg Schiano - he's Butch Jones after he eats the mushroom in Mario
Hahahaha holy poo poo.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
It seems as if Sandusky Truther Twitter is mad at Clay Travis, the best outcome to this situation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Does... anyone have a summary of all the moves in the last 48?

Chip Kelly to UCLA
Dan Mullen to Florida
Todd Graham Out
Bret Bielema Out
Mike Riley Out
All of this Schiano stuff
Scott Frost appears to be going to Nebraska
Matt Luke promoted from interim status
David Beaty is coming back to KU which would be baffling if we didn't have all of this poo poo to talk about.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton but that's what I've got off the top of my head.

e:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 27, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Tennessee is the gift that keeps on giving. I didn't think anything could top the day Kiffin left.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Chip Kelly to UCLA
Dan Mullen to Florida
Todd Graham Out
Bret Bielema Out
Mike Riley Out
All of this Schiano stuff
Scott Frost appears to be going to Nebraska
Matt Luke promoted from interim status
David Beaty is coming back to KU which would be baffling if we didn't have all of this poo poo to talk about.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton but that's what I've got off the top of my head.

Sumlin out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And A&M poached FSU's coach

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

And A&M poached FSU's coach

That was a fake account reporting it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

drat it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know KU is an awful job but it is pretty amazing that 3 wins in 3 years (and 1 conference win lmao Texas) just get met with a shrug from the AD. If you’re not gonna try then just drop football.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

So is Fisher really out at FSU and landing at A&M? How could FSU be that dumb?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
wtf there's TWO Rutgers white knights here?!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

So is Fisher really out at FSU and landing at A&M? How could FSU be that dumb?

He may leave yet, but the 20M$ thing that was bouncing around was from a fake twitter feed.

Personally, I think it's a dumb loving move and a step down.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Is McMagic really going to bat for Schiano? holy lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Is McMagic really going to bat for Schiano? holy lol

Why wouldn't I?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This attempted hiring of Schiano stinks of Jimmy Haslam, that incompetent gently caress.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Tennessee sports radio sounds like what happens between bouts of crystal meth and rampant alcoholism.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

Why wouldn't I?

I mean, I thought defending an abusive basketball coach was the lowest you could go, but come on dude. Schiano is an rear end in a top hat who, at the very least did not speak up about what he knew about Sandusky.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

MourningView posted:

I know KU is an awful job but it is pretty amazing that 3 wins in 3 years (and 1 conference win lmao Texas) just get met with a shrug from the AD. If you’re not gonna try then just drop football.
He’s been recruiting well (Kansas standards anyways) and is generally well regarded. He might not be doing well on field, but it’s worth showing at least a little more patience before pulling the plug.

Besides, if you fire him, by definition you then need to hire someone else and the job isn’t exactly desirable. Are you confident you can get someone better than Beatty? Especially when that dude knows he won’t even be around for a full recruiting cycle because you fired Beatty after 3 years?

If you’re trying to get someone to come to a long-term rebuilding job like Kansas, you really need to be able to show him that you’re willing to have patience if when he doesn’t win immediately. But Year 4 is definitely where you need to be able to see some tangible signs of progress. Even if it’s only “4-8”, show something to clearly indicate you’re building something.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I mean, I thought defending an abusive basketball coach was the lowest you could go, but come on dude. Schiano is an rear end in a top hat who, at the very least did not speak up about what he knew about Sandusky.

I mean I never defended Mike Rice so it appears that your memory is as terrible as your opinions but as for as Schiano goes, there is zero proof that he knew anything about Sandusky and didn't speak up.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Someone hire Joey Freshwater

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MourningView posted:

I feel that if the BigXII didn't require them to field a football team, this would of already happened.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MagusofStars posted:

He’s been recruiting well (Kansas standards anyways) and is generally well regarded. He might not be doing well on field, but it’s worth showing at least a little more patience before pulling the plug.

Besides, if you fire him, by definition you then need to hire someone else and the job isn’t exactly desirable. Are you confident you can get someone better than Beatty? Especially when that dude knows he won’t even be around for a full recruiting cycle because you fired Beatty after 3 years?

If you’re trying to get someone to come to a long-term rebuilding job like Kansas, you really need to be able to show him that you’re willing to have patience if when he doesn’t win immediately. But Year 4 is definitely where you need to be able to see some tangible signs of progress. Even if it’s only “4-8”, show something to clearly indicate you’re building something.

It would almost literally be impossible to do worse. Like if there’d been some semblance of progress I get it but he went backwards in year 3.

LiquidFriend posted:

I feel that if the BigXII didn't require them to field a football team, this would of already happened.

I know the actual answer for why they don’t is “TV money” but it feels like they should just bail and join the Big East.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 27, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kansas needs to just run the most insane gimmick offense possible, it is time for the Big 12 to meet the A11.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mcmagic posted:

I mean I never defended Mike Rice so it appears that your memory is as terrible as your opinions but as for as Schiano goes, there is zero proof that he knew anything about Sandusky and didn't speak up.

Witness testimony is proof.

It's not exactly air tight but it's still proof.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

That was a fake account reporting it.

Whether he's right remains to be seen, but this guy is the sports director at a Houston NBC affiliate.

https://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/status/934891984862547968?s=17

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Wait, what's the very most?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

angryrobots posted:

Whether he's right remains to be seen, but this guy is the sports director at a Houston NBC affiliate.

https://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/status/934891984862547968?s=17

That appears to be a ~2 million/year raise from what I can find? Which would be tempting if true and I were Jimbo.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

No word from here about Jimbo leaving.

Granted yanking around the fake army is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

You defended him at first.

Then you defended his boss for not firing him.

So, yeah I guess you defending Schiano here checks out.

• Locked thread