Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the matches are always decent but NJPW obviously doesn't care about tag teams. I hate how slapped together so many teams feel even though the guys in the teams make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

i've been busy so i couldnt watch the first tag league show until now.

japan loves jeff cobb, and hell, so do i. man that big doing a standing moonsault, uhhh, hell yes.

Cobb's in this weird state where he's pudgy and it looks bad. He either needs to drop 20 and HTFU or he needs to gain 50 and go full hoss.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, the matches are always decent but NJPW obviously doesn't care about tag teams. I hate how slapped together so many teams feel even though the guys in the teams make it work.

I wish they'd throw more teams together at other times of the year so we'd get less endless rematches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I wish they'd throw more teams together at other times of the year so we'd get less endless rematches.

I'm absolutely astounded that Evil and Sanada have never challenged or won the regular tag titles at all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I keep forgetting the trios titles exist and I've been watching LIJ carry them as props for months

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cobb's in this weird state where he's pudgy and it looks bad.

its actually extremely good and i won't have you disrespect MY president like that

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hope you guys are watching the translated interviews for the World Tag League matches, or at the very least Hiromu's interviews

https://youtu.be/IZSk5_bM40A
https://youtu.be/yQ8n1tNyJP0

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 24, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm really surprised the matches from yesterday haven't been uploaded yet

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you missed the Destruction shows, AXS has a special two-hour edition tonight with ZSJ/Tana and Kenny/Juice

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/934209805362675712

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

today's show hasn't been uploaded yet, but WTL standings as of 11/23

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Thauros posted:

today's show hasn't been uploaded yet, but WTL standings as of 11/23

Any matches I should seek out?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please don't bodyshame my good friend APW Heavyweight champion Jeff Cobb

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The 24th matches are up. Check out Best Friends vs. War Machine if you want to see Chuck finally connect with the crowds (at least this one).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those LIJ duel losses are making me real sad. Naito told them to do a good job :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's the tag league. The wrestling is fine and it's not nearly as arduous of a task to watch as many claim but it's hardly must see either. Watch the Korakuen shows with full production and hot crowds (first was the opener, next is 11/30) and any matchups that appeal to you. Top two matches from 11/24 are a good introduction to the debuting gaijin B block teams that didn't have league matches on the opener.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

The 24th matches are up. Check out Best Friends vs. War Machine if you want to see Chuck finally connect with the crowds (at least this one).

the crowd seemed pretty into chuck in their second match

it's not an easy gimmick to get into off the bat, to be fair

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like to imagine japanese smarks totally not getting chuck in korakuen and then getting their pwg dvds via air mail and being even more perplexed at people crying when he beat zsj

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nicely done update.

Related can someone please post a link to the Meltzer G1 Benny Hill Climax?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean I understand why they only use one hard camera for all the house show tag matches...but man does it suck compared to the regular events.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 26, 2017

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just realized that Sami is going to kiss MiSu... :allears:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just realized that Sami is going to kiss MiSu... :allears:

RIP Sami, he's not going to survive that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

War Machine/Best Friends and KES/Cobb & Elgin are both well worth watching if you have time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean I understand why they only use one hard camera for all the house show tag matches...but man does it suck comapfed to the regular events.

It’s expensive to haul a lot of equipment to municipal town gyms and bingo halls.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

harperdc posted:

It’s expensive to haul a lot of equipment to municipal town gyms and bingo halls.

I know, it just makes it look like local free Indy group that’s on FITE. I just wish they could come up with a modified setup for the smaller events or at least have tourney matches vs house show having a different setup.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The show from tonight was filmed by Samurai TV and had multiple cameras and commentary. I'm not sure if they'll put that or just hardcam footage on NJPW World but the whole show is on the Real Hero Archive.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

The show from tonight was filmed by Samurai TV and had multiple cameras and commentary. I'm not sure if they'll put that or just hardcam footage on NJPW World but the whole show is on the Real Hero Archive.

Nice. Thanks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmo4RH73HY

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

thanks! i know mort streamed it live but I had watched DG instead. Didn't know they archived it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strawberry Panda posted:

The best way to watch round robin tournaments imo is to pick a team from each block you really like and watch their matches. like I'm all about Death Juice and KES this one so I'm gonna follow their matches.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Check out the Samurai TV feed posted on the RH drive with full camera production, good show today aided by full production. Tomorrow's an off day before the A block resumes on Tuesday.

Tuesday's league lineup:

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [2] vs. Death Juice [4]
TenCozy [4] vs. Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI [2]
Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens [4] vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka [2]
Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page [4] vs. EVIL and SANADA [2]

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

For those that still don't have NJPWWorld, they have uploaded Suzuki vs AJ from 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6C3MeTnms

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Are there any differences between the Wall of Jericho and the Boston Crab? I learned recently that the Crab is considered a basic move, learned by all the Young Lions, and was wondering if Jericho would need to use the Liontamer instead.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/935003194207416320

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The man called M posted:

Are there any differences between the Wall of Jericho and the Boston Crab? I learned recently that the Crab is considered a basic move, learned by all the Young Lions, and was wondering if Jericho would need to use the Liontamer instead.

The Walls was more elevated and places greater pressure on the neck.

Half the WWE roster are giant pissbabies and don't like this so Jericho normally just does the Boston Crab and they call it the walls.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

The Walls was more elevated and places greater pressure on the neck.

That's the Liontamer.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jubs posted:

That's the Liontamer.

the Liontamer is higher angle and the knee into the back, Walls was higher Boston Crab but is now essentially just the Boston Crab.

and the NJPW commentators are just gonna mark out and yell it out in Japanese and won't point out how the Young Lions also use the move because professional wrestling is all about suspending belief.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So uh... how bout those ROH Global Wars shows huh? I sure would like to watch those NJPW World.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Very nice, feels like 35k paid might be in play. I can already hear Jericho's promos for the next year bragging about drawing the biggest Dome in 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

So uh... how bout those ROH Global Wars shows huh? I sure would like to watch those NJPW World.

theyre on there

• Locked thread