Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
bloat king confirmed and they are going full toilet humor with it http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/3212618397658507969

Thefluffy fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
:sigh:

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
if I wasn't so lazy and incompetent I would edit that bloat king gorging gif to be EA eating IPs and money to poo poo out EA games

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Abomination looks like he'll be a fun boss, wonder what other enemies might end up getting a boss version(Scrakes, Husks, and Crawlers seem the most likely to me)?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Why are people upset that a game featuring a fan-favourite chicken suit, and guns that can both puff up and thin out enemies, has a boss that creates exploding poop zeds? I guess there was a thin veneer of science around it all before but this is a step too far into magic?

(At least, I'm assuming some people are upset! Someone somewhere is bound to be.)

I'm just happy that Bloat nipple-rings are back, even if it is just on a boss.

e: I wonder if the engine would support a giant biomass boss enemy that just sits in an open area disgorging zeds and attacking with tentacles/husk cannon/etc? Some multi-headed thing reminiscent of something out of Resident Evil or The Thing.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 17, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I wonder if the poop men will be added to the spawn pool like Quarterpounds were(personally I think they need to adjust the spawn rates for them to be a bit more common)

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Gromit posted:

e: I wonder if the engine would support a giant biomass boss enemy that just sits in an open area disgorging zeds and attacking with tentacles/husk cannon/etc? Some multi-headed thing reminiscent of something out of Resident Evil or The Thing.

Given that Borderlands 1's final boss was pretty much exactly what you described and it's in the same engine, I'm gonna say yes.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Gromit posted:

Why are people upset that a game featuring a fan-favourite chicken suit, and guns that can both puff up and thin out enemies, has a boss that creates exploding poop zeds? I guess there was a thin veneer of science around it all before but this is a step too far into magic?

(At least, I'm assuming some people are upset! Someone somewhere is bound to be.)

I'm sure there's someone out there decrying it with some malformed point about realism, but for me personally literal turd monsters are not what I'm looking for in my video games.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Add me to the list of people that think that is loving incredible and I'm gonna start playing again because of poop monsters and probably gonna buy a chicken suit too. :getin:

FantasticExtrusion
Sep 3, 2017

Gromit posted:

Sure. You'd tie it into your usual AI routine, except it'd use it a little differently; and you'd probably have to do a good bit of clandestine stuff for it obviously. I had hoped for something like this with Biolab, but I think it might be a too-much ask.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

John Murdoch posted:

I'm sure there's someone out there decrying it with some malformed point about realism, but for me personally literal turd monsters are not what I'm looking for in my video games.

it's the most self-aware thing TWI has done in years

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Psion posted:

I assume this is when everyone posts :vince:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Psion posted:

:same:

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Considering that waaaay back when the "Meet the Zeds" trailers were being released I think everyone's forgotten that the Bloat was shown having some kind of poop attack or at least animation so really this doesn't surprise me that they'd try to find some way to incorporate it and it doesn't bother me anyways.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO7Fcl_nC4I&t=50s

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Why the gently caress Spitfires are not crossperk weapon for Demo? It's bullets even explode.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I'm on the PS4, and I there's a blanked out daily objective.

And I somehow earned the blanked out daily objective by killing Volter with an Eviscerator. :stare:

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
has there ever been a weekly challenge where you get buffs to stats depending on how much dosh you are carrying? I imagine it can cause some TACTICAL THINKING as to whenever to buy nice things vs. hoarding dosh.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pnuEc1me0

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Thefluffy posted:

has there ever been a weekly challenge where you get buffs to stats depending on how much dosh you are carrying? I imagine it can cause some TACTICAL THINKING as to whenever to buy nice things vs. hoarding dosh.

This is a horrible idea because it encourages hoarding money instead of throwing it into your buddies' faces.

For real, it discourages teamplay which is like the opposite of a good idea.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I maxed survivalist playing as a fake demo (grenade launcher, m203 + medic nades) and it was alright. If you ignore the large zeds your team mates will probably kill them for you while you clear those sweet exp clusters of trash for 10k+ games every game.

Just sharp medic and commando left :sigh:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Risky Bisquick posted:

I maxed survivalist playing as a fake demo (grenade launcher, m203 + medic nades) and it was alright. If you ignore the large zeds your team mates will probably kill them for you while you clear those sweet exp clusters of trash for 10k+ games every game.

Just sharp medic and commando left :sigh:

Medic isn't bad since someone's almost always damaged and the nades are good area effect for zed hordes. Commando and Sharp took me a while since they just rely on damage. I found throwing myself into a high player count HoE server helped with those two since it provided more zed to shoot.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Commando is fun when you pick both capacity skills and shoot forever with the stoner.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Marogareh posted:

Commando is fun when you pick both capacity skills and shoot forever with the stoner.

I'm in mid-20s with my Commando and my Stoner 'clip' is 188 rounds :getin: Only having to reload 3 times a round is pretty great.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Christmas event on December 12th http://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/6/1489992713693095940/

Opt-in beta for the event launches on December 5th if you can't wait.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Beta is live.

Pulverizer is now a cross-perk Demolitionist weapon. :getin:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I can finally have something for close range that isn't the grenade pistol so gently caress yeah.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ZearothK posted:

Beta is live.

Pulverizer is now a cross-perk Demolitionist weapon. :getin:

Oh my, that makes for fun solo Demo times. :black101:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They keep buffing the M16 for the Commando but not for Demo.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

They keep buffing the M16 for the Commando but not for Demo.

If they buffed it for Demo they'd have to make the M203 as good as the M79 and they're not going to do that

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was wondering about the Pulverizer thing, I saw a skin for it listed as Demo a couple weeks ago and thought, "Huh, why isn't that a cross-perk weapon?" Guess that answers that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Still pining for that flaming chainsaw to fill that berserker/firebug hole.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

A fire axe would make more sense but I think the flaming chainsaw is the route this game would take. Tiny little fire jets instead of chain that rotate, even though it makes no sense.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ClonedPickle posted:

If they buffed it for Demo they'd have to make the M203 as good as the M79 and they're not going to do that

They already made the grenades almost do the same damage; the M203 is only short ~30 damage points from the M79. The real issue is that the Commando passive and Hollow Point Rounds buff both the rifle and the grenade launcher part while for Demolitionist, only the M203 receives any buffs so the rifle is just a piece of poo poo you don't really want to use.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Yeah. Demo is missing any sort of decent point-blank weapon that a gun would fit, because the rifle part of that thing just gives you more time reloading than doing anything useful.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Opting in to beta now. This comes with the new Bloatking boss type right? Can't wait to go all Demo and cover him in 30 C4 charges at once.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Takes No Damage posted:

Opting in to beta now. This comes with the new Bloatking boss type right? Can't wait to go all Demo and cover him in 30 C4 charges at once.

Detonate them all at once and the boss will be your username, too!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is commando the way to go if you enjoy max zed time, all the time? I see that the classes don't add straight zed time through their perks but it seems I get more zed time initiations as demo, blowing up hoards of dudes.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Commando is the best for extending Zed time, yes. However, I think Demo might be the best for triggering it- I don't know the exact rules it follows (if someone knows, post away) but it seems to be that every headshot kill and every one-hit kill has a small chance of triggering Zed time. Given that most of Demo's weapons kill in one hit, it consistently starts that party off. Firebug conversely will never ever trigger Zed time with flamethrower type weapons.

Oh, also, my Sharpshooter is only level 22ish but the 25 perk for that makes every headshot have a 3% chance of triggering Zed time, though it doesn't specify if that means every headshot or every headshot kill.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Detonate them all at once and the boss will be your username, too!

Yeah, even in KF1 it was a bummer when they nerfed pipebomb DoT so you couldn't oneshot the boss anymore :smith:

On the rare occasions I'm actually trying to use C4 on a boss I'll try to stick them all at once, then just detonate them one at a time so they (theoretically) do full damage.

Looks like they've (temporarily?) re-worked Bloatking into Krampus, still a fatty dual-weilding axes and pooping shitzeds everywhere. Not sure I understand how the 3 little green healthbars under his main work, I assume they're for his helmet, armor and axes? And destroying each makes him take and do more and less damage?

I am digging the combo circus clown / wiccan body horror theme of the new holiday zed models, iceman Scrakes from KF1 always felt a little lazy compared to the other models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
He doesn't take health damage til you break all three armors. It's a super-easy boss, once you break the armors you just need at least one sharp to freeze it while everyone unloads.