Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bought a 500GB SSD and Wolfenstein II for black friday, guess that wraps up my discounted purchases for a month.

Sucks that Bethesda won't give you that authentic Wolfenstein experience thanks to German laws. Swastikas are turned into triangles and.. other revisions are made to Nazi icons that might be a spoiler they shave Hitler's mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Haha, that last one seriously? It's not like it makes a real difference.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hitler's mustache did nothing wrong

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Gah, close tab

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh, hey, it's [insert random Identity Evropa member here]

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

1. Neighbor puts dog tie up stake 2 feet from property line and doesn't ever pick up poo poo in my or her own yard.
2. I build 6 foot privacy fence.
3. Neighbor yells at me for trespassing as I try to stain fence.

gently caress neighbors.

1. Pick up dog poo poo
2. Put it all over their welcome mat
Optional: ring doorbell, smear poo poo all over neighbor

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i mean there's only so many ways you can do a pedometer

this does my heart rate and tracks my sleep with actually really good accuracy from what i can tell based off one day of use

regardless i get the cost reimbursed from work for being ~healthy~

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Slim Pickens posted:

Sucks that Bethesda won't give you that authentic Wolfenstein experience thanks to German laws. Swastikas are turned into triangles and.. other revisions are made to Nazi icons that might be a spoiler they shave Hitler's mustache

I got the regular version, not the Germanized one. Haven't installed it via VPN yet, because my system SSD is crammed save for like 22 GB or so, and my 500 GB dedicated Games SSD isn't getting here until Wednesday.

That Hitlerstache workaround to bypass German law is loving hilarious, though.

/edit:
I contemplated just going down a naughty road to get the game and not have to go through a VPN, but I hear the game's dope and I'll happily throw a company some freedom rubles for enabling me to shoot Nazis, as god intended.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 26, 2017

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not a dad, abort at all cost, but is a good pick up line “will you be the Eva Braun to my Hitler?”

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

killmeimmafailure posted:

Not a dad, abort at all cost, but is a good pick up line “will you be the Eva Braun to my Hitler?”

I don’t wanna date the chick who doesn’t think that’s funny

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My landlord decided that since some of the tenants in this shared house are late on rent that he was going to shut off the internet until they paid up. Since some of us are current, we bitched up a storm and he then apparently device-banned most of the house instead.

So I just taught the entire house how to change a MAC address for their network adapters, so now we all have internet again.

No one else in the house even knew what the gently caress a MAC address was, so I guess those years of loving with lovely pirated Windows installs and lovely public network adapters paid off.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
pretty sure shutting off utilities for being late on rent isn't legal

i mean, the electric company turning off your power is one thing, not the landlord deciding to do it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hugh laurie?!

killmeimmafailure posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

would

punch in the face repeatedly

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7gkvqTTMU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

would

punch in the face repeatedly

The original, btw: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ANjp84eszbg/ULzydksqaxI/AAAAAAAAD2k/oluSU0HCTC0/s1600/Froggie+Christmas+and+Books+small.jpg

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Was hoping for a bit more for science...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

i mean, the electric company turning off your power is one thing, not the landlord deciding to do it

Depends on the state. Arkansas, landlords can do drat near anything they want, compared to most places.

It's not so much shutting off utilities (internet isn't technically a utility in most places), rather, more comparable to taking away an amenity, like pool or gym access. If the landlord is paying for the internet access, then it's his right to revoke use for nonpayment. They can always call comcast or centurylink or whoever and get their own service, he's not depriving them of that.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vasudus posted:

Yeah that was basically my argument. Dude's let a lot of poo poo slide for us before but he's still a fuckin' landlord, and they're all scumbuckets one way or another.

Ain't worth the headache to fight it yet.

Edit: this is in IL for reference

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 26, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ugh. Illinois laws are ridiculous as gently caress. But if internet is viewed as a utility there (maybe), you might have something to go on.

My uncle rents out a house in buttfuck farm country to a teacher in the local school whose board he sits on. He knows they can't pay the teacher enough and the house is stuck in hand until someone dies. Small town folk and all being nice, he doesn't care to make a penny on it as long as the rent covers the taxes and they fill the propane tank.

Not all landlords are awful, but plenty are. And there are lots of videos on youtube of what seemingly decent tenants do to properties. I bitch about my apartment being poo poo all the time, but when you see what bullshit people will try to get away with and how often the complex is left holding its' rear end, well, I understand, to an extent. If you're the reason a clause in a lease exists, you're probably the problem.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
so god drat insightful.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm too stoned for proper insight. I've been away from my oil rig for a few days. Haven't been this baked in a while.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Are there any decent biographies on Jimmy Hoffa? I realized I've seen Hoffa or parts of it dozens of times so it would be nice to read about him for a change.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Are there any decent biographies on Jimmy Hoffa? I realized I've seen Hoffa or parts of it dozens of times so it would be nice to read about him for a change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_yiH7jiQY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:asoiaf:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm too stoned for proper insight. I've been away from my oil rig for a few days. Haven't been this baked in a while.

Is the work picking up again?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hash oil, not dinosaur.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Goddamn stoners.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Amazon has 6 qt instant pots on sale for 75 bucks. I’ve heard nothing but raving reviews about them

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We use ours all the time, they're pretty good. Usually it gets used to turn frozen chicken into shredded chicken, and that takes about 20 minutes(30 if the chicken is one big frozen block). Rice uses half as much water, and beans are cooked way faster too.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Buy one and don't look back. It can do everything from ribs to risotto.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Basically an electronic pressure cooker, right?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I am excited for pot roast in under an hour

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Smiling Jack posted:

Basically an electronic pressure cooker, right?

Yep. Makes pressure cooking dead simple. No messing with heat or seals or anything.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Army recruiter just contacted me to see if I was interested in enlisting.

Get the gently caress out of here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

Army recruiter just contacted me to see if I was interested in enlisting.

Get the gently caress out of here.

Don't be a pussy. Volunteer for the Trump (TM) special forces brigade.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten a call since the first year I was out, but I can't imagine they're hurting for new retards enough that they need my 33-year old rear end to be a grunt again.

What job were you in again?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It’s been since 2014 last I heard from a recruiter, and that was a USAF one inquiring if I’d be interested in a C-17 loadmaster position.

I was an AWACS flight engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

found one of two finger's home videos

https://i.imgur.com/UyELhB9.gifv

• Locked thread