Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
They have access to magic stones that alter time, space, and reality. Bring back all the dead characters, turn Thor into a frog, bring young Peggy Carter out of the 40's into the present day so Cap can have an awkward-but-satisfying orgy with her, Sharon, and Bucky. Everything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jamesman posted:

They have access to magic stones that alter time, space, and reality. Bring back all the dead characters, turn Thor into a frog, bring young Peggy Carter out of the 40's into the present day so Cap can have an awkward-but-satisfying orgy with her, Sharon, and Bucky. Everything is possible.

Uh, what about Sam? You can't leave him out of the Captipede.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ImpAtom posted:

It will be super hilarious to me if Thor is just back to status quo again in Infinity War. In fact I almost hope that happens, every major change is just entirely reverted with the flimiest of handwaves.

"Rhodey! Weren't you crippled?" "I got better." "Thor, what about your hammer?" "Got better." "Yondu, didn't you die?" "BETTER."

"Hi, I'm Gondu, Yondu's brother. I taught him everything he knew about whistling and I want to join your team. He told me everything about all of you, so we won't have that awkward getting-to-know-you phase."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Uh, what about Sam? You can't leave him out of the Captipede.

His wings get in the way.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I like how with that last picture they managed to digitally add in rocket, but didn't bother either giving wasp wings or just deleting the wires

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Wasp's costume looks so incredibly bland.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/935198416321249280

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jamesman posted:

Hela destroyed mjolnir, surely one of the shards got blown across the rainbow bridge and landed in Central Park to be discovered by a worthy frog.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

At this point I have no idea what’s going on with Movie!Flash or his supporting characters.

Its weird that I live in a time where the CW is consistently cranking out the superior versions of these characters but here we are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like that we should have higher standards for the word "reportedly" than a Reddit post.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hela destroyed mjolnir, surely one of the shards got blown across the rainbow bridge and landed in Central Park to be discovered by a worthy frog.

I want Strange to come up and hand it to Thor "Oh hey I fixed your hammer"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Man, Vanity Fair usually has absolutely gorgeous interior photoshoots. Those white background ones look like rejects from Entertainment Weekly.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

JL had a 40 million second weekend, down 56% from weekend one (which is actually surprisingly okay, considering most previous DCEU flicks have 60-65+% drops). Assuming it continues as usual we're probably looking at a 15-18 million or so third weekend, then half that fourth, and after that Last Jedi premieres and completely destroys any hope JL has of making any more cash. Assuming trends hold we're looking at like maybe a 220-230 million domestic cume. And that's high end, if the bottom completely falls out stateside I could see it barely making 200 million and holding.

Looking at a 70 million loss domestic on the budget of JL, and that's optimistic, is pretty loving dire for WB.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

JL had a 40 million second weekend, down 56% from weekend one (which is actually surprisingly okay, considering most previous DCEU flicks have 60-65+% drops). Assuming it continues as usual we're probably looking at a 15-18 million or so third weekend, then half that fourth, and after that Last Jedi premieres and completely destroys any hope JL has of making any more cash. Assuming trends hold we're looking at like maybe a 220-230 million domestic cume. And that's high end, if the bottom completely falls out stateside I could see it barely making 200 million and holding.

Looking at a 70 million loss domestic on the budget of JL, and that's optimistic, is pretty loving dire for WB.

Ive been told it is a financial and critical success.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I feel like that we should have higher standards for the word "reportedly" than a Reddit post.

tbf I've heard rumors about this from people on the ground since Rick left. WB wants white Iris. Rick didn't and Geoff supposedly just wants a second Candice Patton. (Who he sends gifts to every season)

edit: This is also related to the "creative differences" that caused him to drop out iirc.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Don't we all want a Candice Patton?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When are we getting our transgendered superhero girlfriend

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas March posted:

tbf I've heard rumors about this from people on the ground since Rick left. WB wants white Iris. Rick didn't and Geoff supposedly just wants a second Candice Patton. (Who he sends gifts to every season)

edit: This is also related to the "creative differences" that caused him to drop out iirc.

Hmm... Please tell me Geoff Johns sending Candice gifts every season is not in, like, a creepy way

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I bet they’re just fruit baskets.

Of bananas and pomegranates.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hmm... Please tell me Geoff Johns sending Candice gifts every season is not in, like, a creepy way

It's always just a bunch of Flash/DC merch. They used to hang out in S1&2. I haven't been following her social media as much, but she used to mention him sending her presents and do snapchats with the gifts and stuff a lot. I think they also snapchatted together a few times but you'd have to look on tumblr for that stuff. (Yes, there are Candice/Geoff Johns shippers so be careful lol) For example, he sent her this iirc:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
ON the one hand I don’t really like the idea of casting someone to try and specifically emulate another actor. That seems derivative, and doomed to come off as a poor man’s version when you could bring a new interpretation of the character that could stand on its own.

That being said it’s really gross and weird to pick “White Iris” as a hill to die on, so I hope she isn’t because gently caress that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zzulu posted:

Shame the Percy Jackson movies crashed and burned or we'd be getting that when they got around to Rick Riordan's Norse series. The protagonist's love interest is a gender-fluid shapeshifter, courtesy of being a child of Loki.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

ON the one hand I don’t really like the idea of casting someone to try and specifically emulate another actor. That seems derivative, and doomed to come off as a poor man’s version when you could bring a new interpretation of the character that could stand on its own.

That being said it’s really gross and weird to pick “White Iris” as a hill to die on, so I hope she isn’t because gently caress that.

Well Rick had worked with Kiersey before. He cast her in Dope. Which I think is still on Netflix. Go watch Dope. Rick wanted to cast a lot of PoC and #KeepIrisBlack and word is they didn't want The Flash to be an "urban movie"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Koalas March posted:

It's always just a bunch of Flash/DC merch. They used to hang out in S1&2. I haven't been following her social media as much, but she used to mention him sending her presents and do snapchats with the gifts and stuff a lot. I think they also snapchatted together a few times but you'd have to look on tumblr for that stuff. (Yes, there are Candice/Geoff Johns shippers so be careful lol) For example, he sent her this iirc:

Surely not weird

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Zzulu posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Koalas March posted:

Well Rick had worked with Kiersey before. He cast her in Dope. Which I think is still on Netflix. Go watch Dope. Rick wanted to cast a lot of PoC and #KeepIrisBlack and word is they didn't want The Flash to be an "urban movie"

Oh yeah, I remember Dope. She would’ve been good, I think. I guess I was just leery of how it seemed to be framed as wanting to essentially cast her as Candice as Iris, rather than casting someone as Iris if that makes sense?

Also I don’t see why that would make it an “urban” movie. I mean I know what they’re actually saying, but it’s so stupid on the face of it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Koalas March posted:

That's dumb, black dudes love the Flash.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
After Justice League I can't imagine sitting through an entire movie starring that version of the Flash. As dumb as TV Barry is he at least had his moments of actual charm and wit.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh yeah, I remember Dope. She would’ve been good, I think. I guess I was just leery of how it seemed to be framed as wanting to essentially cast her as Candice as Iris, rather than casting someone as Iris if that makes sense?

Also I don’t see why that would make it an “urban” movie. I mean I know what they’re actually saying, but it’s so stupid on the face of it.

Too many black people in a movie makes it a "black" movie. The assumption is that it will fail because white people won't want to see it. Which makes no sense with Cyborg on the lineup and Black Panther being highly anticipated. But WB is regressive as gently caress and has a history of making terrible decisions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think it is appropriate for Geoff Johns to be sending an actress a sexy swimsuit, though I appreciate and thank him for it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The villain of the Flash movie should be TV Flash.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The villain of TV Flash is TV Flash

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Samuringa posted:

The villain of TV Flash is TV Flash

That was last season.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m not convinced after JL face-planting that these spinoffs will all still happen

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Movie Flash is running real fast through the speed force as he tries to unfuck everything he’s done. As he’s running he sees another red blue. It’s TV Flash doing the same thing. As they pass each other they go “I loved you in Wall Street!” and go on their way.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Koalas March posted:

Too many black people in a movie makes it a "black" movie. The assumption is that it will fail because white people won't want to see it. Which makes no sense with Cyborg on the lineup and Black Panther being highly anticipated. But WB is regressive as gently caress and has a history of making terrible decisions.

I’m not a sociologist but I’m a very white boy and I enjoyed Coming to America, which is to say I don’t fear black people on my video screens and I don’t think my experience is unique.

Coming to America just had Louie Anderson, right? I’m trying to think if I’ve seen a movie that literally had zero white people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It had Eddie playing the old white Jewish man so that's like a half maybe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You've probably seen, like, a Kurosawa film.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Who's Rick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You've probably seen, like, a Kurosawa film.

I guess I was thinking in a western context, otherwise there’s a ton of anime that I my friend has seen that I he could submit as evidence.

• Locked thread