Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't get it

Google champions of Life and click Images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Dan Mullen is basically Coach Merry Christmas, Shitters Full

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Google champions of Life and click Images

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Godzilla07 posted:

oh god Mullen just said “champions of life” in his introductory press conference
Just when I thought the carousel couldn't get any better

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I can't wait for sexual assaulter Peyton Manning to be welcome at any and all Tennessee football events despite the fanbase deciding they all of a sudden cared about morality (when it suited them).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Maybe he was being ironic mocking Butch Jones?

Also Dan Mullen calls plays and coaches the QBs at MSU?

He always had a nominal OC and QB coach who helped out and had input (Brian Johnson went there after he bombed as Utah’s OC and I think Mullen let him call plays sometimes) but I think he did a lot of it yeah.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

also, don't forget that they did win another championship. The 2016 Regular Season NASCAR bowl:

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Mahoning posted:

I can't wait for sexual assaulter Peyton Manning to be welcome at any and all Tennessee football events despite the fanbase deciding they all of a sudden cared about morality (when it suited them).

You won’t have to wait long because he already attended the Georgia game this year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Godzilla07 posted:

oh god Mullen just said “champions of life” in his introductory press conference

Gonna eat a C

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Seaniqua posted:

also, don't forget that they did win another championship. The 2016 Regular Season NASCAR bowl:

lmao i forgot about this. they threw a loving celebration for one game

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah that about sums it up. Congrats Aggies!

Some old oil alum wants a title before he dies

Wtf is happening with the beaver coach

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao i forgot about this. they threw a loving celebration for one game

"They" being the promoters of the game. Celebration would have been the same if VaTech would have won.

e: lol there's some kids in a third world country somewhere wearing VaTech Champions of Battle at Bristol shirts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol they asked Mullen why he called UF a lateral move for Collins and asked about his wife saying Gator fans have unrealistic expectations

Neither answer was particularly interesting but the questions made me lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

lol they asked Mullen why he called UF a lateral move for Collins and asked about his wife saying Gator fans have unrealistic expectations

Neither answer was particularly interesting but the questions made me lol

Yeah, I thought he handled it pretty deftly actually. I was wondering if it would come up.

Said of the lateral move that it was coach speak and he's 'pretty excited about wherever I am.'

On his wife he said 'she chose the Gators or we wouldn't be here because the decision came from the TOP down' and that he's sensitive to the demands of coaching in the SEC and its impact on his family.

Seemed pretty polished. A bit of a cliche machine, but whatever. He's a known quantity and I'm glad he's our coach now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Joey Freshwater posted:

"They" being the promoters of the game. Celebration would have been the same if VaTech would have won.

e: lol there's some kids in a third world country somewhere wearing VaTech Champions of Battle at Bristol shirts.

yeah i wasnt calling out Tenn for that just show retarded the entire thing was to begin with. god football collapsing can't come soon enough.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Those shirts were never printed.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Those shirts were never printed.

They're with that national title.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Mullen was one of the guys I wanted so now I double hope he fails.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dan Mullen is basically Coach Merry Christmas, Shitters Full

lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Was the champions of life comment a troll or was it genuine. This is important on my opinions.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/935242905421099008

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: lol there's some kids in a third world country somewhere southwest Virginia wearing VaTech Champions of Battle at Bristol shirts.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

they have west vagina nit champion hats

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

gently caress. Yes.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Grantham and Shannon run different defensive schemes right? So it's not likely Shannon would be retained in a "co-DC" role. Which means the rumor about Florida mandating that Shannon be kept was probably not true.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

an adult beverage posted:

Grantham and Shannon run different defensive schemes right? So it's not likely Shannon would be retained in a "co-DC" role. Which means the rumor about Florida mandating that Shannon be kept was probably not true.

Or they realized it cost them their top choice and backed off with Mullen? Either argument could explain it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Couple things from fbscoops

quote:

Florida: Dan Mullen would be owed $12 million if Florida fired him and would owe Florida $2 million if he left tweets Edgar Thompson who covers the Gators.

Missouri: The University and Barry Odom are working on an extension reports Dave Matter who covers Mizzou athletics. Odom and Missouri started the season 1-5 before rattling off 6 straight wins. Odom, who is 11-13 overall through two seasons leading the program, has three years remaining on his original 5-year deal that pays him a salary of $2.35 million before incentives.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meanwhile two Iowa State fans *in the wild* are telling me that Iowa State is a way better job than Nebraska.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

vikingstrike posted:

Or they realized it cost them their top choice and backed off with Mullen? Either argument could explain it

This seems way more likely, especially with as close as they came to getting Chip.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

Couple things from fbscoops

quote:

Missouri: The University and Barry Odom are working on an extension reports Dave Matter who covers Mizzou athletics. Odom and Missouri started the season 1-5 before rattling off 6 straight wins. Odom, who is 11-13 overall through two seasons leading the program, has three years remaining on his original 5-year deal that pays him a salary of $2.35 million before incentives.

Man I'm cool with keeping him but I don't see the need to extend him when he has three years left. Is he suddenly so well thought of that someone would try to poach him?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

This seems way more likely, especially with as close as they came to getting Chip.

Could also be that they didn't have reservations about defense with Mullen, given his background but did Chip given his.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Man I'm cool with keeping him but I don't see the need to extend him when he has three years left. Is he suddenly so well thought of that someone would try to poach him?

There's something to be said for stability. Helps recruiting to show that a guy's gonna be there for more than the next few years too.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think the stability is it, yeah. I mean he's really cheap as far as salaries go.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Meanwhile two Iowa State fans *in the wild* are telling me that Iowa State is a way better job than Nebraska.
Wait what? Do they at least attempt to justify it? Because I’d love to hear (and laugh at) that argument.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

That is incredibly stupid.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

vikingstrike posted:

I really don't think it's true. No reason you wouldn't let a coach of Chip's caliber pick his own DC. The defenses he had at Oregon with Aliotti (admittedly, he inherited his defensive staff) were legit, and while his Eagles defenses were well-liked by the advanced stats, if I remember right, though in 2013 and 2014 they ranked pretty low in total defense.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 28, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Will Styles posted:

I don't think Graham should have been fired, but it makes sense for what they want from the program. His ceiling is about 10 wins, and he won't be consistent. The program is trending up though so do you fire him now or next year when they finish with 7-9 wins? If he isn't the guy you want and the buyout doesn't scare you then now is the best time to dump him.

UCLA just hired Chip Kelly. USC recruits the #1 or #2 class in the conference and top 10 in the country most years. These are just games they have to play every year. In general they also have to get through 1-3 very difficult Pac-12 north teams every year. They have a rivalry game every season that at this point is pretty much a coin flip.

ASU is a program with a 10 win ceiling right now. This isn't me rivals posting, Arizona's a program with a 10 win ceiling. So is Utah, and the rest of the non-LA Pac South. Until one of the LA schools gets popped for NCAA violations or the bottom falls out of a couple of North teams (which people have been predicting the entire time I've followed college football closely and it hasn't happened, if anything an additional North tough win has been added in a resurgent Washington) or something that's not going to change.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sportsgenius86 posted:

Les Miles seems like he would be perfect at SMU if Chad Morris moved on.

I agree with that but don't understand the hype behind Chad Morris potentially moving on. This was his best season at SMU and if the last play of the Tulane game was called correctly his best season would be 6-6, likely finishing 6th in the conference.

I know finishing 6th in the American can lead to a Texas HC job but this was done with even less wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Iowa State putting Matt Campbell on lockdown.

https://twitter.com/iastatead/status/935290798064717825

• Locked thread