Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mahoning posted:

Iowa State putting Matt Campbell on lockdown.

https://twitter.com/iastatead/status/935290798064717825

I don't think that's lock-down, but prolly takes him off for this year and possibly next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't think that's lock-down, but prolly takes him off for this year and possibly next.

Yeah but it’s about as lockdown as you get at a place like Iowa State.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mahoning posted:

Yeah but it’s about as lockdown as you get at a place like Iowa State.

Yeah, Iowa State knows eh is gone soon, they are just maximizing their payday for it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
heh those morons at Iowa paying a coach 3 million a year to win 7 games

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Rick posted:

UCLA just hired Chip Kelly. USC recruits the #1 or #2 class in the conference and top 10 in the country most years. These are just games they have to play every year. In general they also have to get through 1-3 very difficult Pac-12 north teams every year. They have a rivalry game every season that at this point is pretty much a coin flip.

ASU is a program with a 10 win ceiling right now. This isn't me rivals posting, Arizona's a program with a 10 win ceiling. So is Utah, and the rest of the non-LA Pac South. Until one of the LA schools gets popped for NCAA violations or the bottom falls out of a couple of North teams (which people have been predicting the entire time I've followed college football closely and it hasn't happened, if anything an additional North tough win has been added in a resurgent Washington) or something that's not going to change.

I agree that Anderson's vision is unrealistic, and they're expecting more than what they're going to get (especially for how much money they're putting up). I'm just saying that given what Anderson wants, now is the best time for a change. I don't think whoever he hires is going to move ASU to where they want and it will likely cost him his job in 3-4 years.

I saw that Jim McElwain is "very interested" in the ASU job. Don't think he knows there aren't sharks here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Iowa State putting Matt Campbell on lockdown.

https://twitter.com/iastatead/status/935290798064717825

They'd been working on that for a while. Good on them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Tennessee: UT chancellor Beverly Davenport did not sign Greg Schiano’s memorandum of understanding, according to a report from ESPN’s Chris Low. Still, lawyers for both sides are expected to argue whether Schiano is owed compensation for the Vols’ breaking of the MOU on Sunday.

gt yo popcrn rdy

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

heh those morons at Iowa paying a coach 3 million a year to win 7 games

To be fair winning 7 games at ISU is basically winning 10 at florida when you adjust for it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Will Styles posted:

I agree that Anderson's vision is unrealistic, and they're expecting more than what they're going to get (especially for how much money they're putting up). I'm just saying that given what Anderson wants, now is the best time for a change. I don't think whoever he hires is going to move ASU to where they want and it will likely cost him his job in 3-4 years.

I saw that Jim McElwain is "very interested" in the ASU job. Don't think he knows there aren't sharks here.

Okay, I get where your'e coming from now and actually pretty much agree with you.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

DJExile posted:

gt yo popcrn rdy

:lol: just give Schiano $300k or so to go away

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

it'll likely be something like this, yeah

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Seriously. You can’t even pretend you didn’t know about his past since A) it was pretty much common knowledge and B) you made a big “I swear I’m not an idiot” statement basically admitting that you knew all along and decided to hire him anyway. Throw him some money to go away. Let him put another wing on his house in Columbus since he won’t be leaving there any time soon.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Ohio State can use this to negatively recruit against Penn State, a first-hand example of someone who went to PSU denied jobs because of the bad culture there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

To be fair winning 7 games at ISU is basically winning 10 at florida when you adjust for it

it’s a joke about Ferentz’s contract man

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
with his new extension ISU is paying their football coach more than OU is which is probably a first

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol did this get posted earlier?

quote:

"I'd be hurt if Nebraska wasn't interested in me," Frost said during a news conference to preview UCF's upcoming appearance in the AAC title game. "We're undefeated. I'm from there. When you win a lot, people are interested in you."

He’s being so goddamn coy about this poo poo.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Well gently caress. There goes our QB niche we almost had going. Mullen had highly ranked QBs already committed for '18 and '19 who are very likely to look elsewhere now.

I guess Pruitt or Venables would be cool if they don't get grabbed by a bigger fish. I'd really prefer an offensive guy, though.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
I'm just waiting for Mike Riley to inevitably be names the Oregon Beavers new head football coach. Starting a whole new era! :laugh:

CapnBoomstick
Jan 20, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Well gently caress. There goes our QB niche we almost had going. Mullen had highly ranked QBs already committed for '18 and '19 who are very likely to look elsewhere now.

I guess Pruitt or Venables would be cool if they don't get grabbed by a bigger fish. I'd really prefer an offensive guy, though.

Time to change the avatar.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Noctone posted:

lol did this get posted earlier?

He’s being so goddamn coy about this poo poo.
At this point if he didn't come to Nebraska I'd be shocked.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CapnBoomstick posted:

That's the worst part of this whole thing

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mr. World posted:

I'm just waiting for Mike Riley to inevitably be names the Oregon Beavers new head football coach. Starting a whole new era! :laugh:

Has there ever been a 3-time coach of a single program?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

CapnBoomstick posted:

Edit: :D I just noticed the new thread title. Thanks, crazy Tennessee sports radio.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 28, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mr. World posted:

Tenny needs a proven experienced coach now that they're floundering...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mahoning posted:

Chris Ault for Nevada.

I have no idea what the circumstances were but he was there from '76 to '92, took a year off, '94-'95, then 2004-'12.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

Ault at Nevada and a couple guys from way back in the day. Also Alvarez at Wisconsin if you A)count his periodic bowl game ego massage and B)aren’t woke enough to see that he never stopped being Wisconsin’s coach

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
You dudes did 300 new posts since late last night. Was there any more new news in there or are they all just ripping on the Enemy of Rutgers Athletics guy?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

That's the worst part of this whole thing

I’m holding strong.

I’m honestly surprised someone hasn’t bought me red text yet

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Chris Ault for Nevada.

I have no idea what the circumstances were but he was there from '76 to '92, took a year off, '94-'95, then 2004-'12.

If I remember right he’d quit to focus on being the AD, the team would crater, he’d come back to save it, rinse and repeat.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Where does Jim McElwain go?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

an adult beverage posted:

in the bin

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Tennessee

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I had a feeling he’d end up at Oregon St or something but no dice.

Maybe Montana?

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Personally, I can’t wait for more hot takes on the Tennessee situation tomorrow.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Arizona

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Key West

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shappa posted:

You dudes did 300 new posts since late last night. Was there any more new news in there or are they all just ripping on the Enemy of Rutgers Athletics guy?

You should go back and read it

Tennessee hosed up a coaching hire worse than any school has ever done so

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Arizona State

unless you're implying someone's gonna steal RichRod in which case hands off

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Conference USA