Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Holy poo poo. Pick something from the guild bank, I don't care if it's way late, you earned it.

XBenedict posted:

I thought I had a lot at 18 (8@70)!

You need a twelve step, my friend.

Keep in mind this is pretty much the only video game I've played for any length of time since 2011. It's a lot, but all things considered the only two games other than SWTOR that I've put more than 40 hours into lately are Saints Row 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i know everyone says the trooper story kinda sucks but this M1-4X companion is great

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Kly posted:

i know everyone says the trooper story kinda sucks but this M1-4X companion is great

Until he starts saying “Taxes are theft” every time he kills someone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kly posted:

The biggest crime in KOTFE is that only Republic classes can recruit him. It makes perfect sense, but man I wanted all the copies of him.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Have they taken any steps to try and address the huge gamble they took with focusing on single player? From what I remember that was super divisive and turned away most raiders and most PVPers since no one gave a poo poo about pvp on the dev team forever.

They added (or are adding?) a new operation, have they done anything with pvp at all? Is hearing still a stupid lootbox grindfest or have they figured out less stupid methods for gearing?

I know everyone says wow is the game that always brings you back but somehow it's always swtor for me.

Also, how's the server merge? More populated stations now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The new producer, Keith, is a heavy duty player who actually understands the importance of multiplayer in a MMORPG. They decided to not release an expansion this year, focusing instead on QoL changes and server merges. I haven't played a ton, but PvP queues are almost instant and anytime I wanted to do a Flashpoint the queue was quick too.

The new Operation is coming along slower than expected, but we'll have the third boss tomorrow and the first two have some interesting mechanics.

Overall it's a good time to come back.

Y'all got a few more hours to do some PvP to get the achievement to get Darth Hexid tomorrow!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I hate myself because I know me asking "hey is this good now" is nearly immediately followed with me resubbing.

I'm a preferred player right now I think, do I have any leveling restrictions? I don't remember.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

XBenedict posted:

I don't normally get excited about mounts, but drat.

Thanks. They're fun to make.

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're pretty.

Mount this.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kly posted:

Everyone generally likes forex yeah, he owns

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

I hate myself because I know me asking "hey is this good now" is nearly immediately followed with me resubbing.

I'm a preferred player right now I think, do I have any leveling restrictions? I don't remember.

Depends on what the max level was when you last played. You keep all content that was available when you last subscribed.

Now, the regular restrictions are still in place, you can't raid, can't equip purple gear, etc.

Gearing for PVE is the best it's ever been, with you able to get set pieces from raids along with Galactic Command (when you get enough tokens you can buy grade 230 set pieces). This is for subs only.

PvP gearing sucks since they got rid of PvP gear and just made PVE gear used in both, but bolster takes you to 242 and BiS is 248 so there's not a huge discrepancy.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Medullah posted:

Depends on what the max level was when you last played. You keep all content that was available when you last subscribed.

Now, the regular restrictions are still in place, you can't raid, can't equip purple gear, etc.

Gearing for PVE is the best it's ever been, with you able to get set pieces from raids along with Galactic Command (when you get enough tokens you can buy grade 230 set pieces). This is for subs only.

PvP gearing sucks since they got rid of PvP gear and just made PVE gear used in both, but bolster takes you to 242 and BiS is 248 so there's not a huge discrepancy.

I think the last time I played was right before the Firebrand chapter was released, so I have no loving idea where that puts me. For all I know that was an expansion ago.

I'm probably going to stay subbed to wow for like five months and then get super bored and come back here, which means I have time to level up new classes and figure out what I want to play before I resub and start to seriously gear. I remember when I was playing there weren't a ton of goons on frequently, probably because of how weird the expansion was...is that still the case, or is it more popular now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

I think the last time I played was right before the Firebrand chapter was released, so I have no loving idea where that puts me. For all I know that was an expansion ago.

I'm probably going to stay subbed to wow for like five months and then get super bored and come back here, which means I have time to level up new classes and figure out what I want to play before I resub and start to seriously gear. I remember when I was playing there weren't a ton of goons on frequently, probably because of how weird the expansion was...is that still the case, or is it more popular now?

Sounds like you were in KOTFE so your level cap is 65.

There are a few more goons on, but we haven't had enough of a presence to do raiding or anything since 2014.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Medullah posted:

Sounds like you were in KOTFE so your level cap is 65.

There are a few more goons on, but we haven't had enough of a presence to do raiding or anything since 2014.

To be fair there's barely been a raid since 2014 :v:

i might start doing stuff again then, im pretty sure my merc was at least 65. how much content do i have to pay for from where i last was?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

To be fair there's barely been a raid since 2014 :v:

i might start doing stuff again then, im pretty sure my merc was at least 65. how much content do i have to pay for from where i last was?

You get everything released until the day your sub expires. So $15 gets you the rest of KOTFE and KOTET.

Also join Discord in the OP, goons chat there.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
5.6 Patch Notes are up.

Lots of goodness. Legacy credits. Much needed Merc and Sniper nerfs. Legendary-grade augments. And Hammer Station nerfed lol.

Also, finally, BoL UCs. I've got around 1200 grade 4 crates to open tomorrow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

5.6 Patch Notes are up.

Lots of goodness. Legacy credits. Much needed Merc and Sniper nerfs. Legendary-grade augments. And Hammer Station nerfed lol.

Also, finally, BoL UCs. I've got around 1200 grade 4 crates to open tomorrow.

Eh that's all old news.

The new Augments require ridiculous mats for the crafted versions, new ones that only drop in Master Mode Operations and GC crates, and another from PVP. But they add Power to DPS Augments and Endurance to tank ones which will be nice.

I just want to see how often the lower grade ones drop in the new Flashpoint.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bolster owns. Makes jumping into PvP every now and then without having the gear grind fun for a PvE primary player. Getting nearly insta'd when facing uber PvP geared nerds sucked.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

new ones that only drop in Master Mode Operations and GC crates, and another from PVP.

Sounds good I've got 3 248 Tanks and 3 248 Healers to grind MM's, the already mentioned ~1200ish crates, and lol at PvP gating anything for me. If they use the current Grade 10 mats I've got like 2000 Isotopes and ~250 each of Resource Matrices and VMC's.

A new tier of gear always gets me excited, especially Augments since Bolster ignores them so they're a straight up power increase.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Bolster owns. Makes jumping into PvP every now and then without having the gear grind fun for a PvE primary player. Getting nearly insta'd when facing uber PvP geared nerds sucked.

It's a good change for PvP'ers too...I no longer have to worry about crystal-geared goobers who have twice the HP but die in twice as fewer hits.

If you have sub-242 gear, no Set Bonus, and no Augments you're still talking about a ~25% discrepancy in power though. Edit: when compared to a fully Augmented 248 character.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Thumbtacks posted:

They added (or are adding?) a new operation, have they done anything with pvp at all?

We're finally getting new GSF content, friends.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Sounds good I've got 3 248 Tanks and 3 248 Healers to grind MM's, the already mentioned ~1200ish crates, and lol at PvP gating anything for me. If they use the current Grade 10 mats I've got like 2000 Isotopes and ~250 each of Resource Matrices and VMC's.

A new tier of gear always gets me excited, especially Augments since Bolster ignores them so they're a straight up power increase.

The only current rare mat they use is Iokath Recombinators. With 1200 crates you'll have to let me know how many of the new mats you get.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Also,

Enjoy

Really appreciate that you dipped into the lore for the Clawcraft speeder. Great stuff all around. Really dig the minimalist look of the sabers.

Do you know why they originally went with the hip holster for dualsabers when the holster slot seems to have always been mutable? Like why not shoulder like the pike is, or horizontally across the back like I seem to remember Maul carrying his? Some of the larger dualsaber models look especially goofy in this configuration which is a shame considering how cool they look otherwise.

And maybe you can't speak to this being on the weapons side, but after KOTOR II and even like CoH cloth physics in games were pretty advanced, why did we start out with robe/cape models in this game that looked like they were made from hard action figure plastic? Whenever I see a chest with a cape or a long jacket I always dismiss it out of hand because I know it's going to bother me seeing my guy run in third person view with his perpetually fanned out cape.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Have they taken any steps to try and address the huge gamble they took with focusing on single player? From what I remember that was super divisive and turned away most raiders and most PVPers since no one gave a poo poo about pvp on the dev team forever.

They added (or are adding?) a new operation, have they done anything with pvp at all? Is hearing still a stupid lootbox grindfest or have they figured out less stupid methods for gearing?

I know everyone says wow is the game that always brings you back but somehow it's always swtor for me.

Also, how's the server merge? More populated stations now?

As someone who just returned (only played a bit at launch), I appreciate the single player focus. I can ignore other people and pretend I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic III.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

...Great stuff all around. Really dig the minimalist look of the sabers.

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Entropy_01.html

The best weapons I've made for the game lately, I've also built in real life first as concept models.

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Mischief_01.html

Chickenwalker posted:

Do you know why they originally went with the hip holster for dualsabers when the holster slot seems to have always been mutable? Like why not shoulder like the pike is, or horizontally across the back like I seem to remember Maul carrying his? Some of the larger dualsaber models look especially goofy in this configuration which is a shame considering how cool they look otherwise.

That was not my call initially, but I've had some say in it lately, so I've been putting the better dual sabers on the back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Non that red speeder looks fantastic

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

nonentity posted:

The best weapons I've made for the game lately, I've also built in real life first as concept models.

That was not my call initially, but I've had some say in it lately, so I've been putting the better dual sabers on the back.
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

loving amazing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nonentity posted:

:wow:

nonentity posted:

Some of the longer dualsabers drag on the ground when they're on the hip. It's terribly silly. :)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

Holy poo poo. Pick something from the guild bank, I don't care if it's way late, you earned it.
Wasn't really gunning for anything other than a few laughs, so thanks a bunch! Could I have the dance fever emote? Otherwise, I'd like the Plundered Spewie. You may send whichever to my main, Loveboat. :)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

Wasn't really gunning for anything other than a few laughs, so thanks a bunch! Could I have the dance fever emote? Otherwise, I'd like the Plundered Spewie. You may send whichever to my main, Loveboat. :)

I will hook you up.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Already did so in-game, but just for good measure: thanks nonentity! You're the best.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

:swoon:

I'm thinking Santa Skadge needs to make an appearance in any Christmas contest we do this year.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
This is beautiful and I'm glad you got something neat for it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, the new FP is really really nice but really really long.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I am downloading the game again while I'm at work. Do I have to be firstname lastname now?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Long like Battle of Ilum long? Or like Esseles?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

Long like Battle of Ilum long? Or like Esseles?

Without space barring and exploring every nook and cranny it took me just shy of 2 hours.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Without space barring and exploring every nook and cranny it took me just shy of 2 hours.

For a flashpoint??? What the hell

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

That's insane

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

The only current rare mat they use is Iokath Recombinators. With 1200 crates you'll have to let me know how many of the new mats you get.

1180 crates got me 7200 UC's, 18 Encrypted Memory Cores, and 36 Charged Matter Transomethinganothers. Enough for 7 Augments, didn't expect them to be that rare. Haven't 100% crunched the numbers but even with my headstart I figure a month to kit out my Sorc, much less if you get a Memory Core every MM FP. I've also now got more Command Boosts than I know what to do with and over 10,000 Command Tokens with nothing to spend them on.

Also hallelujah you can now just pick Planetary Missions from a list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I feel like even EC is shorter than two hours. I'm flabbergasted