Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

Molting looks like a lot of hard work but I bet it feels real satisfying. We lowly vertebrates will never know what it's like.

You can take a particular steroid that makes the soles of your feet come off in one large cast of dead skin.

It must be pretty close.

(I've always wanted to try it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I don't know why I just watched a 20 minute long video of eating a giant bird murder crab

https://youtu.be/ir-7x3NWpl4

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

shadow puppet of a posted:

You can take a particular steroid that makes the soles of your feet come off in one large cast of dead skin.

It must be pretty close.

(I've always wanted to try it)

no thank you

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mak0rz posted:

no thank you

don't downplay the beauty of the human molting process.

Imagine walking on soft carpet with that fresh new footskin. You'd climax for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8qJFr52BsY

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

Imagine walking on soft carpet with that fresh new footskin. You'd climax for sure.

Unnggghh...satisfying

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

naem posted:

I don't know why I just watched a 20 minute long video of eating a giant bird murder crab

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Didn’t realize we had so many crabamaniacs runnin’ wild on these very forums. It warms my heart to see so many stupid newbies and crusty GBS veterans come together for the mini crab fest here. Thanks guys! :tipshat:

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

naem posted:

Coconut crabs look like Starship Trooper alien monsters

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I wish every single one of those crabs a long, healthy and happy life.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If I had a pet crab I'd name him Claws McGraws.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This is now my 2nd favorite thread.

I also love some big king crab/snow crab legs with butter and lemon goddamn!

Never had any luck with the claw-meat, but frankly I grow impatient when there is crab to be had.

Also so for real I've seen on Food Network like a million times, right after those crabs molt you batter, flour, fry them, and eat them whole? Is that how it really works? Shell and all? How is that? The shell-and-all part just seems weird but it sure looks good on a po'boy or roll or white bread or whatever.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Faustus posted:

Never had any luck with the claw-meat, but frankly I grow impatient when there is crab to be had.

Also so for real I've seen on Food Network like a million times, right after those crabs molt you batter, flour, fry them, and eat them whole? Is that how it really works? Shell and all? How is that? The shell-and-all part just seems weird but it sure looks good on a po'boy or roll or white bread or whatever.

Soft-shell crab shells are soft.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

It is weird at first, but when the chitin is soft like that it's totally fine. I was introduced to it through sushi rolls(spider rolls!)

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Ok this thread is weird. I come here for the kill-or-be-killed mentality of GBS and I don't give 1/100th of a poo poo about crabs otherwise but every time I read a few posts in this thread I realize I have a great big smile on my face.

Maybe I need to get my crab on?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Ok this thread is weird. I come here for the kill-or-be-killed mentality of GBS and I don't give 1/100th of a poo poo about crabs otherwise but every time I read a few posts in this thread I realize I have a great big smile on my face.

Maybe I need to get my crab on?

Yes.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVKXYh76s

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr. Faustus posted:

It takes quite a while for shells to harden after a molt.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The man with the pet crab eats _____ videos also has a bunch of weird videos of himself exercising his hands and using them to crush things like a crab

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCElnuKAXeS9u9Z_yn5bA-GA

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

poverty goat posted:

The man with the pet crab eats _____ videos also has a bunch of weird videos of himself exercising his hands and using them to crush things like a crab

:lol:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

poverty goat posted:

this dude knows what he wants out of life

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

poverty goat posted:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this dude knows what he wants out of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xsBD9bRjM

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 27, 2017

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

crab babs :3:

it's weird this doesn't give me the same horrified reaction as a ball of baby spiders would, with them having the same amount of legs and all.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cicadas! posted:

crab babs :3:

it's weird this doesn't give me the same horrified reaction as a ball of baby spiders would, with them having the same amount of legs and all.

:same: and spiders bug me

That's really weird, you're right

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crabs are the Selena Gomez' of the multi-legged animal kingdom. Even when you know they are ragged and gross and strung out, they are still kinda cute because of the big head, and big expressive baby-like eyes.

Spiders are the Taylor Swift, where the appendages are too long for its head, the eyes are small and angry even if she's dressed up in a onesie at a children's charity, you instinctively can feel the danger and venom sacs concealed behind the segmented eyes and defensive hairs.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Hey hey HEY! I don't want no poo poo-talkin' 'bout those misunderstood crab-cousins, Aranae!

another craaaab spider

and of course the arachnophobe's only exception

lmao get owned you soggy-rear end weasel wannabe! (poor guy...)

Also, I found a crab spider on my ceiling this morning and tossed him into the tank for some natural cricket control :unsmigghh:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ContraBoss posted:

Also, I found a crab spider on my ceiling this morning and tossed him into the tank for some natural cricket control :unsmigghh:

How does it feel... to be a god?

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You could totally fry that up. Make a blue cheese dumpling with fried molted skin soles.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Crabs are probably a top 10 animal. Also:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ContraBoss posted:

Hey hey HEY! I don't want no poo poo-talkin' 'bout those misunderstood crab-cousins, Aranae!

another craaaab spider

and of course the arachnophobe's only exception

lmao get owned you soggy-rear end weasel wannabe! (poor guy...)

Spiders are like crabs with fangs and so they own

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

How does it feel... to be a god?

Fulfilling. These lesser creatures are at my mercy. Maybe I'll forget to water them - BAM! Drought. Maybe I overwater them - BAM! Flooding. Maybe I leave for vacation and forget to leave enough food - BAM! Famine. Maybe I introduce something into the tank that they have no natural biological resistance to - BAM! Pestilence. Maybe I leave the lid open and the kitties waste no time - BAM! Predators.

...I'm a small, pathetic man I guess...

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ContraBoss posted:

Fulfilling. These lesser creatures are at my mercy. Maybe I'll forget to water them - BAM! Drought. Maybe I overwater them - BAM! Flooding. Maybe I leave for vacation and forget to leave enough food - BAM! Famine. Maybe I introduce something into the tank that they have no natural biological resistance to - BAM! Pestilence. Maybe I leave the lid open and the kitties waste no time - BAM! Predators.

...I'm a small, pathetic man I guess...

An Old Testament God for sure

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this is clearly a supervillain front, and a poorly concealed one at that

any day now that guy is gonna finish that thing, crab-killdozer style

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Spinster posted:

An Old Testament God for sure

Precisely. Except the main difference is I feel bad if any of these things happen, and go out of my way to prevent them.

I snapped some proof that you really can get crabs to trust you and even like you like any other pet. Here's Jojo climbing into my hand for his evening exercise, which he LOVES! I basically let him crawl across one hand and put my other hand in front, repeatedly, like a makeshift treadmill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeQcVGtC6Q

You can hear my wife in the other room saying, "Honey, I don't know..." because she's deliberating on choosing an IUD. I'm probably just getting neutered anyways...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The video that follows yours leaves me with so many questions.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Back fat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

The video that follows yours leaves me with so many questions.

Uh oh...not sure I follow myself...is there some oversight on my part that's pretty embarrassing?

I hear that poo poo is TASTY but I don't have the balls to slurp it up.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ContraBoss posted:

Precisely. Except the main difference is I feel bad if any of these things happen, and go out of my way to prevent them.

I snapped some proof that you really can get crabs to trust you and even like you like any other pet. Here's Jojo climbing into my hand for his evening exercise, which he LOVES! I basically let him crawl across one hand and put my other hand in front, repeatedly, like a makeshift treadmill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeQcVGtC6Q

You can hear my wife in the other room saying, "Honey, I don't know..." because she's deliberating on choosing an IUD. I'm probably just getting neutered anyways...

You are a good crabo daddo.