Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Where does Jim McElwain go?

analyst for Nick Saban, where all washed up coaches go to rehab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SeaWorld

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mega64 posted:

SeaWorld

:drat:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Ohio State can use this to negatively recruit against Penn State, a first-hand example of someone who went to PSU denied jobs because of the bad culture there.

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mega64 posted:

SeaWorld

:vince:

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

hifi posted:

need a guy that can tan well

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah I really don’t think Jimbo Fisher is happening for A&M. It might be nice, but the whole thing smacks of wishful thinking fake news from Texags.

We’re gonna be stuck with Chad Morris.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Cnidario posted:

Yeah I really don’t think Jimbo Fisher is happening for A&M. It might be nice, but the whole thing smacks of wishful thinking fake news from Texags.

"stuck"

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Mega64 posted:

SeaWorld

boom shakalaka

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Mega64 posted:

SeaWorld

UTSA is likely to need a coach here in the next few weeks, sounds like a match

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

LOL he ends up at UCF after Frost goes back to Nebraska.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is Sumlin really that bad? He seems like he did what he should do at A&M. Would he be a good fit at a place like ASU?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sumlin at a major party school seems like a really bad idea.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

wandler20 posted:

Is Sumlin really that bad? He seems like he did what he should do at A&M. Would he be a good fit at a place like ASU?
Sumlin's a good coach. As much as I'd hate it, he'd be a good fit at ASU. But there's no reason to think he'd do better than Graham. Which, if that's the goal, well, good loving luck.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

wandler20 posted:

No, he's not a bad coach. He had a hell of a first season at A&M with Manziel, a solid line and Mike Evans and never hit those heights again. He had some QBs transfer out and idk, I get why a&m moved on, but he's one of the better coaches they've had.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 28, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cnidario posted:

There's too much smoke for there not to be an offer on the table, but yeah, there's no guarantee he actually has any intention of leaving

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

V:lol:unteers

https://twitter.com/clowespn/status/935339650134233089

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

hahahahaha goddamn what a viscious indictment of Tennessee that they can’t even get a guy to leave Duke

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Please god, let Tee Martin turn down the job too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

To be fair, David Cutcliffe is old as gently caress, and isn't he not in great health? He's probably near enough retirement that he's not feeling up to building from scratch again, and certainly not in a high pressure environment.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Noctone posted:

hahahahaha goddamn what a viscious indictment of Tennessee that they can’t even get a guy to leave Duke

Eh, he's in the twilight of his career at a cushy gig. Nothing good comes from taking the Tennessee job.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Noctone posted:

There just might be some hard feelings between him and Tennessee, given his history there. He's also old.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What's stopping Tennesee from going and getting an quality G5 guy like Neal Brown or Blake Anderson or Mike Norvell? I know what happened was humiliating, but I don't see why they're acting like they have to hit the panic button and go sift though the boneyard.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Like I know he has good reasons to turn them down but just “nah I’d rather stay at Duke” in a vacuum is hilarious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

What's stopping Tennesee from going and getting an quality G5 guy like Neal Brown or Blake Anderson or Mike Norvell? I know what happened was humiliating, but I don't see why they're acting like they have to hit the panic button and go sift though the boneyard.

Hubris

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

There just might be some hard feelings between him and Tennessee, given his history there. He's also old.

i have nothing to base this on, but he probably didnt love how the fulmer thing went down, and i dont blame him

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

wandler20 posted:

He’s not bad. He just criminally underdevelops QBs and sticks by objectively bad OCs in addition to having a terribad record at home against the conference.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
That, and we don't actually know how badly damaging this is to them in the eyes of coaches--maybe they did contact them? We don't know.

Coaches are a crazy bunch, though I bet they're just trying to land a flashy name right now to stop their insane fans from killing them.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Meanwhile two Iowa State fans *in the wild* are telling me that Iowa State is a way better job than Nebraska.

"Des Moines is only a 40-minute drive from Ames!"

Christ on sale I'd love to sit in on this after a couple drinks

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I think Nebraska will get Frost, especially since at this point it looks like UT is definitely not in the running, but does Nebraska have a plan B?

Edit: Joe Moorhead is linked to the Mississippi State opening. I don't know good credible it is.

Komet fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 28, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Komet posted:

I think Nebraska will get Frost, especially since at this point it looks like UT is definitely not in the running, but does Nebraska have a plan B?

Plan B was probably Matt Campell, and they still might try to buy him out if it comes to that even with the extension?

Other than that...panic would be my best guess.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
How many “just kidding!” coaching hires have there been? I can think of Schiano, Mike Haywood, and George O’Leary off the top of my head.

By the way, how quaint is “lied on his resume” nowadays? And how about the irony that George O’Leary is the best coaching hire Notre Dame has made in 30+ years?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

Surely Norvell could at least help UT lock in some commits from the Memphis area each year. Maybe they'll take a look at him this weekend when he faces UCF.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Komet posted:

does Nebraska have a plan B?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I wonder what the other 10,310 messages say.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mahoning posted:

How many “just kidding!” coaching hires have there been? I can think of Schiano, Mike Haywood, and George O’Leary off the top of my head.

By the way, how quaint is “lied on his resume” nowadays? And how about the irony that George O’Leary is the best coaching hire Notre Dame has made in 30+ years?

Mike Price lasted a few months but never coached a game at Bama

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Komet posted:

Les Miles!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Plan B was probably Matt Campell, and they still might try to buy him out if it comes to that even with the extension?

Other than that...panic would be my best guess.

They’re not buying out Campbell. They’re still paying Bo Pelini and now they owe Mike Riley $8M.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Noctone posted:

duke did manage to upset the #20 northwestern wild cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Plan B(ert)

• Locked thread