Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

tbh if you've paid $2500 for a plain grey hoodie, a plain grey jumper and a pair of ugly salmon trainers then you've earned the right to wear them however you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

e: full disclosure i also unfortunately have the ability to menstruate but i stop it with an implant. i'm all for de-stigmatizing menstruation but uhhhhhhhhh

snoo has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Nov 27, 2017

cnut
May 3, 2016

The Snoo posted:

e: full disclosure i also unfortunately have the ability to menstruate but i stop it with an implant. i'm all for de-stigmatizing menstruation but uhhhhhhhhh

Pretty gross imo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

😍😍😍😍

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I've read enough Fashion SWAT to no longer be sure if that's real or fake.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

https://gfycat.com/FoolhardyAnotherFireant

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Destigmatizing a natural process and flaunting bodily waste are two very very different things. You can think periods aren't yucky and also not cover yourself in it. Fuckin hell.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Comptroll The Forums posted:

MANATCA Would use pants like that to hold in an operatives guts after having been eviscerated by one of Etro's thugs.

I miss Fashion SWAT so much. I looked forward to halloween every year for a SWAT update. EPG and Thorpe had great chemistry and if our Lord and god Lowtax is listening he will spare no expense to get that magic back for us.

Uncle Itchie
Sep 19, 2008

Is that a tonsil stone?

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

MANATCA Would use pants like that to hold in an operatives guts after having been eviscerated by one of Etro's thugs.

I miss Fashion SWAT so much. I looked forward to halloween every year for a SWAT update. EPG and Thorpe had great chemistry and if our Lord and god Lowtax is listening he will spare no expense to get that magic back for us.

It's not Fashion SWAT but EPG has his own website called The Bad Guys Win where he mostly does more WTF DnD articles.

nael has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Nov 27, 2017

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

nael posted:

It's not Fashion SWAT but EPG has his own website called The Bad Guys Win where he mostly does more WTF DnD articles.

I read and enjoy it for sure. I don't even get alot of the dnd jokes but I'm a big fan of EPG and his writing. Hopefully he'll do another thing with Thorpe at some point. SWAT was incredibly funny. I don't want to motherfuck the other front page people but EPG still puts out the most consistently funny and creative stuff.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Gotta go in for your scheduled retuning, man.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Strudel Man posted:

Gotta go in for your scheduled retuning, man.

i choose to believe this is a photoshop

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MissEchelon posted:

i choose to believe this is a photoshop

Sadly, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ev2YjDRYPc

https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Give-n-Take-Slacks-Johnny-Miller/dp/B012JL2LD6

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Uncle Itchie posted:

Is that a tonsil stone?

Tonsil staligmite

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
I give you the finest in alternative and complimentary medicine. Talk to your chiropractor today!

https://i.imgur.com/ffi2Wen.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kVGHokX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7A4mnD1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Kb3oF4J.jpg

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I work in the criminal justice field and am in court everyday. You'd think people would understand that they need to dress nicely for court. I mean, you don't have to break out a 3 piece suit or anything but at least a clean button-up shirt and your best jeans. I had one client show up in a skintight leather body suit and accompanying leather jacket. She had buzzed her hair way down and dyed it hyper red. Her nails were the same red as well as her contacts and every other accessory she had with her. Points for coordinating the outfit. It looked like she was from some lovely dystopian future.

At her next court date everything was blue. She really liked the combo of leather body suit and one primary color. The only enforced rule at the courthouse is no shorts and no open toed shoes. I had a client come to court in a set of very dirty scrubs that I'm pretty sure had dried blood on them. Also there is a lady (not one of my clients) who has been coming to court once a month to resolve a very minor misdemeanor case. She is probably 50 and smells so strongly of cat piss that at the last misdemeanor docket the judge told her to bathe. Also everyone who goes into the jail comes out smelling like the jail. Jail is a gross smell. It's like a pile of poo poo that's been sprayed with Glade fresh spray. So, perfume and poo poo. It's awful.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
What the gently caress :eek:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sludge Tank posted:

What the gently caress :eek:

Reverse Image Seach reveals:

quote:

A woman was left with a huge gaping hole in her nose after using an alternative treatment she thought would would cure her skin cancer.

A truly gruesome video documents what happens after she rubbed black salve - an ointment which burns and destroys skin tissue - onto her face and forehead.

Within a few days of applying the paste, horrifying inch-wide black and green scabs appeared as the salve ate away at the skin.

She was left with an unsightly crater in her nose - through which she could draw air - and needed major reconstructive surgery to rebuild it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rhandhali posted:

I give you the finest in alternative and complimentary medicine. Talk to your chiropractor today!

https://i.imgur.com/ffi2Wen.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kVGHokX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7A4mnD1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Kb3oF4J.jpg

I believe she even said that it was ok because she didn't like her nose anyways. Plus, I don't remember reading anything about the cancer coming back soooooo, mission accomplished.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

quote:

But worried the procedure would leave her with scarring, the woman decided to opt out and 'go the natural route' by using black salve instead.

:ironicat:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who wore it better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJy5PoHHdI

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Once had a bogan and she-bogan come into work and loudly explain to my boss about the benefits of "the, the black salve*" and their heroic resistance to "big pharma" for using it.

Also had another one claim that eating frozen lemons was a cancer panacea.

People in my old hometown were the perfect combination of ignorant and resentful to anyone more intelligent than themselves to be shaken down by the "all-natural" snake oil crowd.

* = He always said it like that. "The, the black salve burned off the cancer."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If colloidal silver and LITERAL DEATH SALVE are so good, why the gently caress would big pharma not simply sell them :psyduck:

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

If colloidal silver and LITERAL DEATH SALVE are so good, why the gently caress would big pharma not simply sell them :psyduck:

Perhaps they produce this stuff by proxy, and wholesale it to the snake oil merchants in order to monopolise both the alt medicine and actual medicine markets. :tinfoil:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

le petit schtroumpf knows

papa i got what you need

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
With all the apartment chat, I'm glad that my last apartment just had rice weevils and larder beetles, especially since I know one of the other buildings has a bedbug issue.

Untrustable posted:

I work in the criminal justice field and am in court everyday. You'd think people would understand that they need to dress nicely for court. I mean, you don't have to break out a 3 piece suit or anything but at least a clean button-up shirt and your best jeans. I had one client show up in a skintight leather body suit and accompanying leather jacket. She had buzzed her hair way down and dyed it hyper red. Her nails were the same red as well as her contacts and every other accessory she had with her. Points for coordinating the outfit. It looked like she was from some lovely dystopian future.

At her next court date everything was blue. She really liked the combo of leather body suit and one primary color. The only enforced rule at the courthouse is no shorts and no open toed shoes. I had a client come to court in a set of very dirty scrubs that I'm pretty sure had dried blood on them. Also there is a lady (not one of my clients) who has been coming to court once a month to resolve a very minor misdemeanor case. She is probably 50 and smells so strongly of cat piss that at the last misdemeanor docket the judge told her to bathe. Also everyone who goes into the jail comes out smelling like the jail. Jail is a gross smell. It's like a pile of poo poo that's been sprayed with Glade fresh spray. So, perfume and poo poo. It's awful.

I haven't had to go to court for almost 8 years now, but I never understood that back then. It shouldn't be that difficult to be presentable at least when showing up for court.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I saw someone with that blue skin once, but she was also clearly incredibly sick. Like, that guy looks healthy aside from the skin colour. She very obviously was not. It was really depressing. It was like looking at death.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Solice Kirsk posted:

I believe she even said that it was ok because she didn't like her nose anyways. Plus, I don't remember reading anything about the cancer coming back soooooo, mission accomplished.

One of the big problems in pharmacology is the spectrum of the medication. That is, any given medication will have effects that go beyond the target pathology, because their presence in the body is naturally going to affect healthy cells as well. Black salve works, but it works because it kills loving everything, so of course the cancer dies too. It’s kind of like practicing fire prevention by just burning the house down ahead of time.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Hey buddy I just popped in to say that I appreciated the poo poo out of this and its pretty AUG that no one else did.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah black salve whatever, what the gently caress is this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerry Cotton posted:

"More profitable to keep people sick so they keep buying medicine" is probably what they'd say.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

NewFatMike posted:

Yeah black salve whatever, what the gently caress is this?

A salivary stone! Which is basically a calcium deposit in your salivary glands that prevents the production of saliva because the human body breaks down in the most unexpected and horrifying ways.

Also something out of my nightmares

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This is the worst thing I've seen all day.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Pretty gross for sure, but there's something about tonsil stone extractions that make my skin crawl. They just look fundamentally wrong.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

funktopus posted:

Pretty gross for sure, but there's something about tonsil stone extractions that make my skin crawl. They just look fundamentally wrong.

My fave doctor (besides mine) is this Indian guy, Vikram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K84YsXfHNc

He's got 337k subscribers.

But tonsil stones are right up there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

funktopus posted:

Trust me when I say that they smell as AUG as they look.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The hosed up thing about black salve is it isn't even alternative medicine. It is an old medicine that got replaced by much safer treatments.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Enough about blackheads, how about mangoworm parasites in dogs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPJa_-BurI

The guy who runs VetClinicGambia really seems like a good human being, and Fatou is lovely. Makes the removal of maggots from dogs very watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thanks for a link I'm never going to click on friendo.

• Locked thread