Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

An escaped raptor stows away on the Mars mission. But wait! There's a twist: instead of a raptor hunting astronauts on Mars, they stumble across an alien time portal. But wait! There's another twist: instead of following the crew and the raptor through the portal, we smash cut to NASA control room 6 months later as the portal suddenly reactivates! Thanks to time travel, it's been 10,000 years on the other side of the portal and what's coming through is not the stowaway raptor or the astronaut crew but rather...

The Dinosaucers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

That idea actually got as far as a second-draft script written by I think William Monahan and John Sayles; the dino hybrids were used for things like law enforcement. I remember reading a review of it on AICN ages ago.

So, it was a remake of Theodore Rex?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

During the long period between JP3 and JW there was some idea of doing ‘dinosaurs as weapons’ which kinda made it into JW. But in this case the concept art had them as like weird human-Dino hybrids with guns. I can’t imagine that idea went far.

lol, "idea"

quote:

The JP4 script opens with a baseball game in the US where little leaguer are being attacked by pterosaurs.

quote:

Nick gets to the island and is in full command mode. He looks around for about 5 minutes, and eventually finds the Barbasol can in a stream near the wreckage of Nedry’s car (Nedry’s skeleton is still in it, btw). Nick thinks he’s home free, but of course, things can never be that simple. Nick is “ambushed” by another group of commando looking dudes who ALSO want the canister. These dudes are with the Grendel Corporation, another group who have taken over the island and want to covertly clone more dinosaurs. They want that canister too

quote:

Nick is taken away in the helicopter and pressured to give them the canister of embryos, but there’s yet another sort of ridiculous set piece that takes place on the mainland in which Nick dives off the helicopter onto a tourist covered beach and manages to hide the embryos in a beer chest in a local bar. That happens, Nick is knocked out by Grendel Corporation, and he is transported to Europe.

Nick wakes up in a castle in Switzerland.

quote:

They decide to demonstrate how great these enhanced creatures are by using them rescue a little girl from a hostage situation. Many reasons that necessitate dinosaurs performing this mission instead of actual police are explained away. It’s dinosaur time or bust, and Nick needs to use his Navy Seal skills to whip them into shape. What does that mean? Well for starters it means a DINOSAUR TRAINING MONTAGE!!!

quote:

•“Did you know that I am the most sued person in the history of the world? It's in th Guinness Book, you could look it up. Prominent law schools devote entire semesters to my malfeasances, regulatory statutes bear my name- not the legacy I had in mind when I started out, but a legacy nonetheless.” - John Hammond

quote:

•Nick Harris regarding Nedry’s skeleton: “Looks like you've dropped a few pounds.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/39bun8/i_read_jurassic_park_4s_original_script_so_you/

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

K. Waste posted:

Lifetime present Todd McFarlane's Spawn

Spawn is pregnant, but it turns out the father is leading a secret life and now Spawn is in danger and he's also being stalked by someone he met on the internet!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tars Tarkas posted:

Spawn is pregnant, but it turns out the father is leading a secret life and now Spawn is in danger and he's also being stalked by someone he met on the internet!

Spawn is played by Valerie Bertenelli

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

syscall girl posted:

Spawn is played by Michael Shannon

Christina Hendricks is Malbolgia, Ron Perlam is the Clown.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Christina Hendricks is Malbolgia, Ron Perlam is the Clown.

John Leguizamo told me personally that he wants to see Kathy Bates play the Clown

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

syscall girl posted:

Spawn is played by Valerie Bertenelli

White-washing strikes again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

syscall girl posted:

John Leguizamo told me personally that he wants to see Kathy Bates play the Clown
That could be fun.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jfc, the preview for this Duck Duck Goose movie checks off every awful modern kids movie stereotype

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Jfc, the preview for this Duck Duck Goose movie checks off every awful modern kids movie stereotype

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_R0-5ZVC3w

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

got any sevens posted:

It has Spiderman, an eternally pregnant Frozen-Elsa, and nightmarish body horror?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Sounds like he's talking about Tim Riggins leaving the Dillon Tigers

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And they can't start re-using plots from previous Jurassic Park films, the audience would never accept anything so brazen and cheap!

Jurassic Park 5: The Part Of The Lost World Novel Where Raptors Roll A Kid Around In A Cage Until He And Goldblum Escape Through A Computer Tunnel

Peanut President posted:

Just make TRESPASSER a movie. Woman crashes on Isla Sorna from the second movie, has to survive on the island all alone.

Do this, but the woman is Bae Doona and it's a Sense8 crossover.

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 28, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Life of Pi, but with dinosaurs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Home Alone, but with dinosaurs
I hate to give up my secret before I corner the right Hollywood exec in the right elevator but the Home Alone principle is 50% of my can't-lose-script strategy

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Inescapable Duck posted:

Probably the closest thing we've had since then was Lego Jurassic World.

They don't do regular tie-in video games anymore, which is probably just as well since they were almost exclusively garbage, but does mean we miss out on what might otherwise be fun ideas for games that don't involve bald space marines shooting each other.
There is at least going to be a spiritual successor to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis next year done by the Planet Coaster people which I never expected and am unreasonably excited for because Jurassic Park Zoo Sims are one of my favorite niche subgenres on games.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I hate to give up my secret before I corner the right Hollywood exec in the right elevator but the Home Alone principle is 50% of my can't-lose-script strategy

Merry Christmas, you filthy reptile

Get Shane Black to direct

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A lot of people apparently did not like the 20-minute-long Frozen 'short' before Coco, but I like this tweet about it the best.

https://twitter.com/jpbrammer/status/935158059135062018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 28, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The MSJ posted:

A lot of people apparently did not like the 20-minute-long Frozen 'short' before Coco, but I like this tweet about it the best.

Wait, they played a 20 minute Frozen ad instead of the usual 4 minute Pixar short in front of Coco?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait, they played a 20 minute Frozen ad instead of the usual 4 minute Pixar short in front of Coco?

It was literally supposed to be a TV special, and instead they slapped it in front of Coco.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Gotta have representation for white characters too or they'll feel forgotten and get that economic anxiety.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It was literally supposed to be a TV special, and instead they slapped it in front of Coco.

That is absolutely vile

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

The real Mexican-american experience in coco is the extended border control scene

The Frozen short was cute at least

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I hate to give up my secret before I corner the right Hollywood exec in the right elevator

Finally, a predator that preys on other predators

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

I think I'll wait til after it leaves theaters to see Coco :barf:

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
In Germany they are even advertising this on the poster:

I went to Filmmesse Cologne this Summer (sorta like Cinemacon for Germany) and when Disney announced that they'll put the "short" in front of Coco the whole audience let out this collective groan. Remember, these are industry people attending. They laugh, they clap, they pander. There's very little negative reactions during the presentations. But this decision got very audible feedback.

Of course, if you, as a theatre, tried to boycott this the answer will be: "You wanted to show Star Wars...........right?"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think I'll wait til after it leaves theaters to see Coco :barf:

Just show up 20 minutes late. Coco is really really good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's not too advertise Frozen to Coco viewers, it's to get frozen fans to go see Coco.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Oh, that's okay then!

It's bullshit is what it is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The boy on the Coco poster looks a lot like Marco from Star Vs The Forces of Evil, down to the red hoodie.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I was going to say that I like how the boy's face has clear hispanic features you'd see on, well, a hispanic kid. A lot of these sort of movies with human characters seem to fall back on the typical safe smooth exaggerated cartoon faces that it's become pretty stale.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's not too advertise Frozen to Coco viewers, it's to get frozen fans to go see Coco.

I thought it was to try keep the brand relevant since it's already seeping out of the zeitgeist and they're still working on the Frozen part of the parks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought it was to try keep the brand relevant since it's already seeping out of the zeitgeist and they're still working on the Frozen part of the parks.

And also making a sequel.

Want to see India's first "space" movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ug9zvC9pJM

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

.... which is almost exactly 2 years away!

quote:

The film is scheduled to be released on November 27, 2019

6 whole years will have passed from the original Frozen's release to when Frozen 2 hits cinemas so yeah, they're gonna want to do some maintenance work on that zeitgeist in the meantime

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 28, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Want to see India's first "space" movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ug9zvC9pJM

Does anyone know the language enough to tell if there's context to why a stage magician is a vital part of their plan to blow up an asteroid?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Right now all I can associate Frozen with is creepy flash games and gross YouTube videos with Spiderman.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yeah, I'm not sure they need to maintain the Frozen zeitgeist with kids; they just might need to incorporate Spider-man, Paw Patrol, and inappropriate touching into the sequel to really cash in

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

And needles. Don't forget needles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone know the language enough to tell if there's context to why a stage magician is a vital part of their plan to blow up an asteroid?

Maybe he is like Nicolas Cage's character in Next, able to see the nearby future? I am somewhat confused as well.

• Locked thread