Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Phantasium posted:

should've taken off the subtitle entirely and just called it STAR OCEAN 4Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Phantasium posted:

should've taken off the subtitle entirely and just called it STAR OCEAN 4K

Real disappointing from a company that drew the N on Star Ocean to also look live a V

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
HD time for Edgie, 4kay?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Renoistic posted:

The first five hours before your party sets off are really slow though.

By around 2 hours is basically when you should've already left Besaid

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
If that's the case then the opening battle, abandoned shrine, and salvage ship sections sure feel longer than they are. Sure you're not talking about speed running?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I've been really excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Wasn't a fan of the look of the characters, but I've become used to ignoring stuff like that playing jrpgs. But the latest reveal for one of the "blades" has kind of broken me.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/935404359931740161

Serf
May 5, 2011

I watched a video of some Xenoblade 2 gameplay and I'm not sure if the people playing it were just terrible or what, but the combat looks incredibly slow. They fought a mosquito for two minutes, and then they ended up fighting a wolf for so long that the day-night cycle kicked in and they busted out like 10 super moves in a row. I loved Xenoblade, but I'm on the fence on this one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Serf posted:

I watched a video of some Xenoblade 2 gameplay and I'm not sure if the people playing it were just terrible or what, but the combat looks incredibly slow. They fought a mosquito for two minutes, and then they ended up fighting a wolf for so long that the day-night cycle kicked in and they busted out like 10 super moves in a row. I loved Xenoblade, but I'm on the fence on this one.

That sounds like they didn't really understand how to use the super mechanic or weren't switching Blades to keep their combos flowing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

That sounds like they didn't really understand how to use the super mechanic or weren't switching Blades to keep their combos flowing.

It might also be footage from the demos where they upped enemy health in order to show off all the mechanics.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also one of the times they showed it off they deliberately increased enemy health so they'd have time to explain the mechanics and everyone decided it was going to take 10 minutes to kill anything in the finished game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It might also be footage from the demos where they upped enemy health in order to show off all the mechanics.

That's a pretty dumb idea, but I can see why they'd think it was useful. I'll wait and see how the final game is before I make any judgments.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Having guest artists do the non-story blades, plus the dumb 'intro' animations, makes the game look like a F2P gatcha game, it's not great.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Xenoblade games have always had enemies that were damage sponges, but allegedly all of the gameplay demos/streams before this month have been from a build where enemy HP was inflated to show off the combat.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dackel posted:

I've been really excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Wasn't a fan of the look of the characters, but I've become used to ignoring stuff like that playing jrpgs. But the latest reveal for one of the "blades" has kind of broken me.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/935404359931740161

https://twitter.com/Koga_NoidZX/status/935530894470852608

lol the replies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:same:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I guess the Valkyria guy's still getting work.

The one by the GuP designer is still the best one, though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

oh wow i watched the video in the tweet. that is deeply unappealing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh no not boobs :supaburn:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Is NoA localizing XB2? Because there's probably going to be A Second Vagina Bone Impact if so

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sakurazuka posted:

Jesus Christ we get it your horny.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't like some Blades but I'm not going to let that stop me from jumping all over a dinosaur the size of an island. That's my take and I'm sticking to it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe some people think there should be more to a design than titty.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Big titty liker here, it looks bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not really the worst design i've ever seen but it's also not good and the only design i've really liked is the goofy jester-y robot

her design changes when you upgrade her though and i don't like it cause it just sort of makes her a mecha maid

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 28, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fighting games, old man rambles, anime tiddy and everything inbetween. I RT alot of NSFW, sorry. Currently trapped in gacha hell with F/GO and FEH.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to make fun of the overly serious anime tweet sorry.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

lets hang out posted:

Big titty liker here, it looks bad
It's a lovely, lazy design, and looks like it belongs in a Gacha game.

The Colonel posted:

it's not really the worst design i've ever seen but it's also not good and the only design i've really liked is the goofy jester-y robot
I really like the generic no-name blade designs a lot, so I hope they're not dumpster quality or whatever. And yeah same about Hana/Poppi, it's like we can't have a design that's just cool, gotta have her transform into a sexy maid as well of course.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

The Colonel posted:

her design changes when you upgrade her though and i don't like it cause it just sort of makes her a mecha maid

Would you believe it's meant to be primary school and high school uniforms? (Poppi's deal is actually quite weird but I'm curious to see where they can possibly go with it.)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If we're talking main party designs, I like everyone fine other than some aspects of Pyra and Rex.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fighting games, old man rambles, anime tiddy and everything inbetween. I RT alot of NSFW, sorry. Currently trapped in gacha hell with F/GO and FEH.

:barf:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

She turns into a maid mecha because Tora has a maid feitsh. That's all there is to it. Xenoblade 2 is full-on heavy anime so be prepared for that.

Caphi posted:

Would you believe it's meant to be primary school and high school uniforms? (Poppi's deal is actually quite weird but I'm curious to see where they can possibly go with it.)

No, it's maid. Like straight-up he has a closet full of maid uniforms and she starts off with a maid-based personality before he quickly adjusts it in embarrassment.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Caphi posted:

I wonder if she'll have a third form where she's in college and just dresses super casual.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

She turns into a maid mecha because Tora has a maid feitsh. That's all there is to it. Xenoblade 2 is full-on heavy anime so be prepared for that.

No, it's maid. Like straight-up he has a closet full of maid uniforms and she starts off with a maid-based personality before he quickly adjusts it in embarrassment.

Um, that's Grampapon's stuff.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's a lovely, lazy design, and looks like it belongs in a Gacha game.

Honestly, that's an insult to the art in some gacha games. It just looks terrible. Like, it vaguely reminds me of FF8 Shiva, except worse. Which, given one hasn't come out yet and the other's almost 20 years old, is impressive.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
At this point I'm convinced the first Xenoblade was a happy accident. It did have its share of annoyances, but XCX and XC2 seem to be on another level.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sharon is cool and i have nothing against maids, i just like poppi a more than poppi b

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It takes talent to hold a tray with that many things on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sharon is deathly talented