Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Flikken posted:

Fournette got more than 100 yards rushing, that was hardly stone walling. And Ogbaugh played in that game.

The Browns will beat Landry Jones and the Steelers backups in week 17 until they realize how foolish that would be in terms of drafts position just like last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can they be fined for not even trying? Like if you’re 0-15 do you even want that last win if it it fucks your draft chances? Niners are technically only 1 win so if they lose out then that last browns win would cost the, the #1 pick, right? You also miss out on that sweet 0-16 parade.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We're talking about a league that is definitely blackballing Kaepernick so no they're not gonna fine the Browns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I've always felt like I would rather my team go 0-16 than 1-15

That one win doesn't make the team any less pathetic and 0-16 is at least funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think because of Strength of Schedule, if the Browns were to win just once the rest of the year and the 49ers lost out, the 49ers would indeed get the first pick

Which, when you think about it, would be the most Browns thing

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not winning a single game is just demoralizing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Cleveland will beat Green Bay

Oh come on. The Packers suck but jesus christ they aren't THAT bad. We just lost to a 9 win team by a last second field goal.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Mel Mudkiper posted:

People will remember 0-16 till the end of time, 1-15 is just a footnote.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Lote posted:

5 more weeks to go and the Browns most winnable remaining game is @Bears. The Bears are a tire fire and need according to my friend “a defense, an o line, wide receivers, and a running back”.

Can the Browns improve against San Diego? Can they hold on to lose against Chicago? It’s getting tense.

The Bears actually have a decent defense this year, the offense is super terrible though. Bears are on the verge of just giving up though, so at this point I think that game is going to be 50/50.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Lions.txt

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

18-1, however, is still funny

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah. When the Lions got to ~0-12 I just started rooting for them to lose out. I love that dumb team for whatever reason but at that point you might as well make history.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sponges posted:

Not winning a single game is just demoralizing.

Yeah. I feel like if you get at least 1 win you can talk yourself into thinking that you could've gotten a few more if such-and-such a catch was made or if so-and-so made a tackle in this game or that. Hard to make excuses at 0-16.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah. I feel like if you get at least 1 win you can talk yourself into thinking that you could've gotten a few more if such-and-such a catch was made or if so-and-so made a tackle in this game or that. Hard to make excuses at 0-16.

The Browns probably should have beaten the Titans (OT loss 12-9). That's really it. It's been a completely dreadful season with some of the worst QB play I've seen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fast cars loose anus posted:

We're talking about a league that is definitely blackballing Kaepernick

This will be an interesting case on how fast it gets tossed out. He is basically looking for 31 potential employers and they all discard him. Welcome to job hunting 101.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Colostomy Bag posted:

This will be an interesting case on how fast it gets tossed out. He is basically looking for 31 potential employers and they all discard him. Welcome to job hunting 101.

Hmm yes, these are clearly comparable situations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kaep's likely being blackballed, yeah, but his case is going to be all but impossible to prove in a court of law.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DJExile posted:

Kaep's likely being blackballed, yeah, but his case is going to be all but impossible to prove in a court of law.

All he needs to do is force everyone to sit down through the highlights of Trubisky’s season so far.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DJExile posted:

I bet there's some documentation somewhere that makes it a slam dunk, it just depends on whether or not it comes out in discovery.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All he needs to do is force everyone to sit down through the highlights of Trubisky’s season so far.

The Nathan Peterman Game should be Exhibit A

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

Peterman is also Exhibit A as to why either McDermott should be fired or Pegula shouldn't own a team, depending on who made the decision.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

axeil posted:

That’s the ace in the sleeve if things start looking bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm 100x more nervous about this week than I was about last week's game

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

iospace posted:

Hmm yes, these are clearly comparable situations.

Yeah, kinda crazy how certain job markets converge isn't it?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I know he's not ever going to be able to prove it in court but I find it hard to believe there isn't something going on when <insert any number of bad QBs here but let's go with Tom Savage> keeps getting snaps

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also all of these owners are dinosaurs and I would not be surprised if one of them has texts talking about how he is disrespecting America and he will never work in the NFL again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fast cars loose anus posted:

I know he's not ever going to be able to prove it in court but I find it hard to believe there isn't something going on when <insert any number of bad QBs here but let's go with Tom Savage> keeps getting snaps

Eli is getting benched for Geno Smith. This case is building itself, it’s great. Browns still going to go 0-16.

So assuming they get yet another 1st pick, what’s their draft looking like next year? They already had 1 or 2 on the first round, right? And a 2nd, I think. So assuming most in the roster survive what do they do? Keep building the OLine and hope they can give any QB time to actually not be trash? Go for yet another QB? Dissolve the team? Nuke Pittsburgh week 17?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Colostomy Bag posted:

That....isn't how that works. Like you do know there are laws specifically about this poo poo right.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

That....isn't how that works. Like you do know there are laws specifically about this poo poo right.

What laws? I'm somewhat curious what can compel an employer to hire an employee. Then toss on the CBA and well it even gets worse.

The burden of proof of collusion is on the plaintiff. Maybe through discovery they will find something. But proving collusion is a helluva of a thing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That it's collusion is pretty obvious, legally proving it is the challenge.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Zerilan posted:

That it's collusion is pretty obvious, legally proving it is the challenge.

It's not really obvious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's not really obvious.

It's insanely obvious, I am pretty sure every QB that has taken snaps in a starter role has been given a second, third and sometimes fourth chance.

As the pool of available QBs is actually really small.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Colostomy Bag posted:

What laws? I'm somewhat curious what can compel an employer to hire an employee. Then toss on the CBA and well it even gets worse.

The burden of proof of collusion is on the plaintiff. Maybe through discovery they will find something. But proving collusion is a helluva of a thing.

He's not suing in federal court. He's filed a grievance under the CBA. The CBA provides for a grievance action if two or more teams have colluded to deny a player a chance to sign with a team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's not really obvious.

The only QB who kneeled hasn't gotten a job since, it's pretty obvious that isn't just because of performance

Do you also think Barry Bonds wasn't obviously a victim of collusion

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Many owners not wanting to sign him because they disagree with his political stance or him being outspoken at all doesn't mean collusion.

Many GM's and coaches not wanting the media headache or fan backlash from signing him doesn't mean collusion.

Many coaches not wanting to build an offense around a mediocre passer who doesn't fit their idea of a pro-style offense does not mean collusion.

The NFL, or other owners, telling teams not to sign him... that would be collusion. And it might have happened. But it's not completely obvious, and it will be difficult to prove unless they find some kind of smoking gun.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Does the case get tossed before we get discovery? Because if they can go into discovery and just leak whatever it may be worth it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

C. Everett Koop posted:

Does the case get tossed before we get discovery? Because if they can go into discovery and just leak whatever it may be worth it.

I lust for documents of owners trash talking their own players.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All documents will be treated with the utmost respect to privacy. As stringently as the league protects wonderlic scores.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Many owners not wanting to sign him because they disagree with his political stance or him being outspoken at all doesn't mean collusion.

Many GM's and coaches not wanting the media headache or fan backlash from signing him doesn't mean collusion.

Many coaches not wanting to build an offense around a mediocre passer who doesn't fit their idea of a pro-style offense does not mean collusion.

The NFL, or other owners, telling teams not to sign him... that would be collusion. And it might have happened. But it's not completely obvious, and it will be difficult to prove unless they find some kind of smoking gun.

Some teams is the operative word.

No team is willing to do it, he'll no team will even work him out.

It honestly couldn't be more obvious without a written statement leaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
A player at his age and skill level who is willing and physically able to play not even being given a workout by a single team is utterly unprecedented.

• Locked thread