Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
dunno if posted yet but another decent leak from a government S3 bucket used by the NSA to store top secret stuff

https://www.upguard.com/breaches/cloud-leak-inscom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
there are too many funny things happening between uber, nazis and apple i can't keep up

e: and nsa s3 buckets lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hahahah

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bicycle posted:

there are too many funny things happening between uber, nazis and apple i can't keep up

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just remember to see your doctor if you are erect for longer than 4 hours.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Diva Cupcake posted:

i guess apple only has a bug bounty for ios and not macos. and it's invite only.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

The tweet linked is gone, please tell me it's real I need it to be real.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
so they have hatreon and goyfundme.

The OG Nazis had way better marketing and branding, ya know?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/935639234437935105

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jesus Christ, all those emoji's make me think he's excitedly mouth breathing rushing to get this out before his mom brings the plate of Hot Pockets down to his "Lair".

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

my bitter bi rival posted:

HOLY FUCKIN poo poo IT WORKS WITH SCREEN SHARING TOO

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
finally we can get root out of this mac rear end crystal prison

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i was just trying to download UnrealEngine to help a friend out with a programming thing in their game and found something fun. the website demands that you create an account / log in before downloading, ok whatever. i go in and try to make an account and it says my name is already taken which is weird and unlikely, so i go to the forgot password page and see if I made an account years ago and forgot about it. punch my email in and it says "email sent" (i didn't actually get any email) and then... redirects me to the page with the download on it, that i was supposedly logging in to access :downs:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also the only way to see if a username is taken is to submit the entire new user form, which blanks the password field and unchecks the "accept the terms and conditions" box just to make it extra frustrating for no reason, but the best part is the system locks you out if you submit the form too much.

"too much" is 5 times in like 10 minutes, apparently.

at least the error message is kinda funny:

quote:

Sorry, you are visiting our service too frequent, please try again later.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
not really a secfuck but https://twitter.com/lydnicholas/status/935465394273386497

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is there a good easy walkthrough online for enabling root and setting a password in a way which will block the root access bug? i'm not a mac-haver so i don't have a system to walk through it myself on but want to be able to send something around to friends and co-workers

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

dunno if posted yet but another decent leak from a government S3 bucket used by the NSA to store top secret stuff

https://www.upguard.com/breaches/cloud-leak-inscom

found the part where they had to physically restrain @fart from editing the post

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

makes sense, Santa is an anagram of @nsa

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

minato posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

is there a good easy walkthrough online for enabling root and setting a password in a way which will block the root access bug? i'm not a mac-haver so i don't have a system to walk through it myself on but want to be able to send something around to friends and co-workers

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

minato posted:

lol

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

minato posted:

:eyepop:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

minato posted:

lol

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Diva Cupcake posted:

i guess apple only has a bug bounty for ios and not macos. and it's invite only.
holy poo poo hahahahahahahaha

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Thanks. Posting this to Facebook so others can be outraged by the desensitization of children to a 24/7 total surveillance society.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

minato posted:

:popeye:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the name also implies the elves are using their access to the camera for nefarious purposes. these elves are all sex perverts.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

thanks and "god bless",

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

minato posted:

hot drat lol

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
at least it will be easy to get to the root of the problem

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Zil posted:

And the initials on the comment on that line of code?

SJobs

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Chris Knight posted:

:cmon:

effort
less
root

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bicycle posted:

e: and nsa s3 buckets lol

there is always more and it is always worse

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

minato posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
“There are always worse things waiting. You think you have seen the most terrible thing, the one that coalesces all your nightmares into a freakish horror that actually exists, and the only consolation is that there can be nothing worse. Even if there is, your mind will snap at the sight of it, and you will know no more. But there is worse, your mind does not snap, and somehow you carry on. You might understand that all the joy has gone out of the world for you, you might wish you were the one who was dead - but you go on. You might realize that you are in a hell of your own making, but you go on nevertheless. Because there is nothing else to do.”

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

minato posted:

w
o
w

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

minato posted:

some good thread in this thread today

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/dwizzzlemsft/status/935657242413510656

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

minato posted:

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

cool cool now let me just easily deploy this with an msi and gpo instead of extracting a loving cab file and removing/readding the hyperv feature

• Locked thread