Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

aw man i was looking forward to adam warlock. what a goofy character.

wait, there's still no plans for rom the spaceknight to show up in a movie, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've submitted my spec script of Rom SpaceKnight vs. Moon Knight in: A Knight To Remember to Disney, wish me luck.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'm leary of the "heist movie" sort of hype Marvel has done for some of its movies. I'm not suggesting there won't be some footage of Thanos acquiring gems.

Act 1: Thor and Doctor Strange explain the existential threat, Strange smacks Cap and Stark to say "figure this out because we will all die." Someone like Maria Hill or Rhodes dies.

Act 2: Thor introduces the Guardians. Immediate tension between Stark and Quill. They begin racing to get the stones because "we have to do this, and do it together."

Act 3: they have like four of the stones, and now it's a mad dash to get the fifth. Thanos wins, assumes the gauntlet and kills, I don't know, Stark and Loki and Drax. Movie ends on a cliffhanger with Captain Marvel showing up.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

Act 1: Thor and Doctor Strange explain the existential threat, Strange smacks Cap and Stark to say "figure this out because we will all die." Someone like Maria Hill or Rhodes dies.

Act 2: Thor introduces the Guardians. Immediate tension between Stark and Quill. They begin racing to get the stones because "we have to do this, and do it together."

Act 3: they have like four of the stones, and now it's a mad dash to get the fifth. Thanos wins, assumes the gauntlet and kills, I don't know, Stark and Loki and Drax. Movie ends on a cliffhanger with Captain Marvel showing up.

Yeah, this is more plausible, in that it's hard to see how you have a lot of the movie being a Thanos heist while also accommodating every existing character in the MCU on the hero side.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, this is more plausible, in that it's hard to see how you have a lot of the movie being a Thanos heist while also accommodating every existing character in the MCU on the hero side.

Well, it's also the Civil War guys who wrote the movie(s) with the Russos, and lol if they don't follow the standard 3-act structure with their "oh poo poo, things have changed (but not really)" ending with THE ULTIMATE MOVIE...PART 1

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I mean I presume they are actually going to kill anyone whose contract is up and doesn't want to renew. If RDJ actually wants out he's dead meat. Who else is in that camp? Chris Evans?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've submitted my spec script of Rom SpaceKnight vs. Moon Knight in: A Knight To Remember to Disney, wish me luck.

Hasbro (I think its them) has a deathlock on Rom I'm afraid.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

porfiria posted:

I mean I presume they are actually going to kill anyone whose contract is up and doesn't want to renew. If RDJ actually wants out he's dead meat. Who else is in that camp? Chris Evans?

I'm fully expecting Cap to die. Though I wanted him to go out like a boss wielding Mjolnir with his shield.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if falcon or bucky gets a surprising amount of focus in act 1 of infinity then steve rogers is absolutely dying by the end of it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

porfiria posted:

Evans has said he'll be back if they want him back. Or in other words, if they want to pay him he'll keep doing the movies. Hemsworth is in the same boat. RDJ has said he feels like he's getting too old so he might be done, or maybe just backed down to cameos or voice work.

Serf
May 5, 2011

they should have moon knight show up for like 1 scene in one of the new spiderman movies and then never mention him again

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

porfiria posted:

Evans stopped making noise about being done after Marvel's TV and movie divisions split (so suddenly he was getting more money), and he also quieted down after his directorial debut basically did a wet fart.
RDJ is in the coy "eh, I might keep doing it, but they could recast me" mode, which he's been doing ever since he went to movie-to-movie deals starting with Age of Ultron.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

they should have moon knight show up for like 1 scene in one of the new spiderman movies and then never mention him again

Whats the deal with moon girl and a dinosaur? I saw the cover of that in a comic shop, looked cute

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Evans has said he'll be back if they want him back. Or in other words, if they want to pay him he'll keep doing the movies. Hemsworth is in the same boat. RDJ has said he feels like he's getting too old so he might be done, or maybe just backed down to cameos or voice work.

It also makes sense for Stark to martyr himself, considering every IM and Avengers film has dealt with him facing his issues, loving up, and realizing he can't play super-king. Letting go of it all and trusting everyone else to keep things under control is the natural conclusion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Spider-Man is going to get exploded like that parkour dude in Punisher: War Zone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gonz posted:

Spider-Man is going to get exploded like that parkour dude in Punisher: War Zone.

it would be so loving funny if some contractual thing allowed them to kill off Tom Holland's spiderman before fox gets a movie with him out. 'hey, thanks for the IP, good luck with the venom extended universe!'

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bring back old gbs posted:

it would be so loving funny if some contractual thing allowed them to kill off Tom Holland's spiderman before fox gets a movie with him out. 'hey, thanks for the IP, good luck with the venom extended universe!'

... Sony already got a movie with him out.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Something that I really like about Suicide Squad is how it works as its own film as well as a extension of the political allegory of the Superman Snyder movies. Suicide Squad can easily be read as an allegory for the Iraq-Iran conflict, where the U.S. government attempts to make an ally of a foreign power (Enchantress) in the hopes that it will help them further their own agenda. They even uses Enchantress to get weapon plans from Tehran.

But I feel like in this reading Enchantress is more like the boogey man based around the U.S.'s idea of Iraq where she actually is building a weapon of mass destruction. Amanda Waller is both frightened and fascinated to find out that Enchantress, in an ironic way, really did "have the same interests in mind" as she did, taking part in an arms race and assembling an army of soldiers with no real free will of their own.

Also, the Squad is obviously the U.S. army, being promised minor benefits for their involvement and receiving no real thanks or recognition for their work, in the end finding themselves in pretty much the same social situation they started in.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timby posted:

... Sony already got a movie with him out.

the one with tony stark in it? i thought that and civil war were marvels thing and now sony gets him back?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It'd be cool if RDJ stopped doing Quip-Talk bullshit (yes including Shane black come at me y'all), started doing drugs again, and did poo poo like Chaplin & Elton John videos again

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He dies and then they get Miles Morals to show up.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

the one with tony stark in it? i thought that and civil war were marvels thing and now sony gets him back?

No, it was a Sony movie that takes place in the MCU. But for all intents and purposes it was a Marvel movie, yeah.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LesterGroans posted:

Excalibur isn't really a great movie, but it's definitely a great-looking movie. It's worth a watch.

Agreed. I saw it in the theater when I was 14 and a fledgling D&D nerd so I was a tiny bit disappointed with the lack of dragons and trolls and poo poo but there was still something fascinating about; back then and even now. It's a crazy loving movie and it drips with eye candy but it's...loving strange. I liked it better than BvS for whatever that's worth but a lot of the criticisms that apply to BvS carry over pretty equally to Excalibur and I can see the similarities the more I think on it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Tom Holland Spider-Man is the conduit between the MCU and Sony's "just Spider-Man and associates" universe.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Edward Mass posted:

The Tom Holland Spider-Man is the conduit between the MCU and Sony's "just Spider-Man and associates" universe.

i think its called the Bifrost, and if you get pushed out mid way in between you end up in a fantastic four movie.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

i think its called the Bifrost, and if you get pushed out mid way in between you end up in a fantastic four movie.

A fate worse than death.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Neurolimal posted:

It also makes sense for Stark to martyr himself, considering every IM and Avengers film has dealt with him facing his issues, loving up, and realizing he can't play super-king. Letting go of it all and trusting everyone else to keep things under control is the natural conclusion.

I think it's also likely that one of the big names in the Avengers is going to die in Infinity War, and it's probably down to Cap or Tony.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

porfiria posted:

teagone posted:

I'm fully expecting Cap to die. Though I wanted him to go out like a boss wielding Mjolnir with his shield.
Evans said recently that he’d be open to extending his contract if Marvel offered. Johansson said she’s done and I think Bettany and Olsen are done too. The contracts for Ruffalo and Hemsworth are also up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
For the sake of his hairline I hope Evans is done.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Time for Evans to go back to the well with a Not Another Teen Movie sequel!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gonz posted:

Time for Evans to go back to the well with a Not Another Teen Movie sequel!
Not Another Marvel Movie?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Supposedly Chris Pine was the backup pick if they couldn’t convince Evans to play the part.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

Supposedly Chris Pine was the backup pick if they couldn’t convince Evans to play the part.

Ok, but who was going to play Steve Rogers after he takes the super soldier serum?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Ok, but who was going to play Steve Rogers after he takes the super soldier serum?

Gary Busey

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lmao

Gonz posted:

Gary Busey
Tom Hardy

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mr. Apollo posted:

Nah, Pine was completely unknown at that point, and even him getting the lead in Star Trek was a completely happy accident. John Krasinski was the Captain America backup (and, by some accounts, Joe Johnston's first choice, but they couldn't work around his Office schedule).

For the sake of his hairline I hope Evans is done.

There isn't much to like in the Marvel movies (Jesus Christ, Civil War is such a slog anytime Chadwick Boseman isn't on screen, and their stubborn insistence on "Sebastian Stan: Leading Man" is ... charming), but the increasingly hilarious pieces they put on Evans in each movie amuses me to no end.

Timby fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 29, 2017

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Mr. Apollo posted:

Evans said recently that he’d be open to extending his contract if Marvel offered. Johansson said she’s done and I think Bettany and Olsen are done too. The contracts for Ruffalo and Hemsworth are also up.

Hemsworth seems really keen to keep working with Taika Waititi so I'd be surprised if he's out (as much as I'd love to see Lady Thor)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Timby posted:

John Krasinski was the Captain America backup (and, by some accounts, Joe Johnston's first choice, but they couldn't work around his Office schedule).

They really lucked out there.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LesterGroans posted:

They really lucked out there.

Bucky falls off the train and into a bottomless pit, followed by Captain America breaking the 4th wall and mugging into the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

some hydra guy: "HAIL HYDRA!"
captain america: ":thunk:"

• Locked thread