Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wow, that dial. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

canyoneer posted:

10 green moves, 4 white, 3 red. And native boost/BR, lol

Power creep? what's that? :v:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

canyoneer posted:

That dial looks amazing :stare:
Holy moly :eyepop:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That Blackout ability though. That dial..... that loving dial.. God drat

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah that's one hell of a maneuverable ship. It DGAF about single stress.

PTL might be risky if Asajj is around, because double stress is still bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's basically an A-Wing dial with Tallon Rolls and green 3 banks.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

That dial is cool and good.

I guess you could get some good synergy going with threat tracker and FCS?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That dial is ridiculously good. It is unquestionably the best small ship dial in the game right now, just like a jumpmaster with unhinged astro was unquestionably the best large ship dial in the game.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Power creep? what's that? :v:

It will also cost 40+ points loaded out and not come with any form of regen, it'd better be drat good.

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah that's one hell of a maneuverable ship. It DGAF about single stress.

PTL might be risky if Asajj is around, because double stress is still bad.

Primed Thrusters will still be its best tech I think.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 28, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Asteroid gambit could be really nice on a dual EPT A-wing

edit: actually it's an action and thus poo

Raged fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 28, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Raged posted:

Asteroid gambit could be really nice on a dual EPT A-wing

Plus a Swarm Leader carrier, oh yeah.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Silencer also lacks the evade action in its action bar, so it's gonna be a lot less forgiving of poor maneuvering since you can't just token tank like TIE Interceptors or Whisper can.

Admittedly has 3 and 2 more EHP respectively, but still.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

canyoneer posted:

Lmao FFG will never learn

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alg posted:

Lmao FFG will never learn

Again, it's a 45 point squint, it's got to be STUPID good to not just melt to bombs and ordnance.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The PS7 from the link is only 31 points and has 6 hp, ept, boost and barrel roll

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Trick Shot seems like an obvious choice on Blackout. It's like a conditionally better Zuckuss pilot ability!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alg posted:

The PS7 from the link is only 31 points and has 6 hp, ept, boost and barrel roll

Yes.

That is very expensive for a PS7 ship with an ability that relies on it getting arc on stuff, and in very specific positions as well.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes.

That is very expensive for a PS7 ship with an ability that relies on it getting arc on stuff, and in very specific positions as well.

31 points is very expensive for the best dial in the game, tons of survivability, and tons of options.

Ten Numb is 31 points lol

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ten Numb was overcosted the day he came out, though. He's never been good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alg posted:

31 points is very expensive for the best dial in the game, tons of survivability, and tons of options.

Ten Numb is 31 points lol

Ten Numb is indeed very expensive, yes.

We're talking Defender points, here. More actually, once you put on a tech and a system. And if you don't, you might just as well run a defender.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Threat tracker is really good and worth 3 points. Excellent on Quickdraw with FCS, and still good on an advanced sensor PTL Kylo. Although with that dial I'm thinking you will probably us FCS, PTL, and pattern analyser, as blocking will be much harder.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Threat tracker is really good and worth 3 points. Excellent on Quickdraw with FCS, and still good on an advanced sensor PTL Kylo. Although with that dial I'm thinking you will probably us FCS, PTL, and pattern analyser, as blocking will be much harder.

FCS synergises with Threat Tracker, AS synergises way harder with Primed Thrusters, because now you can (mostly) not care too much when you PTL, and you can ignore stress imposition.

Id say Threat Tracking is going to be better on a VI build. VI Tracking FCS Autothrusters Title.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Id say Threat Tracking is going to be better on a VI build. VI Tracking FCS Autothrusters Title.

My build for the PS7 guy right there.

Kylo gets PTL/Primted Thrusters/Autothrusters/Advanced Sensors

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What’s the limitation on Threat Tracker, small ship only?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thespaceinvader posted:

Yep, that's the stuff

What does everyone think it should be paired up with?

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 29, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Raged posted:

Yep, that's the stuff

What does everyone think it should be paired up with?

Decimator
some combination of 2 x7s and 2 HLC gunboats
another ace and a palp shuttle
another ace and omega leader
another fat silencer and a 12 point bid or an academy pilot

uncle blog posted:

What’s the limitation on Threat Tracker, small ship only?

Yup.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

Decimator
some combination of 2 x7s and 2 HLC gunboats
another ace and a palp shuttle
another ace and omega leader
another fat silencer and a 12 point bid or an academy pilot

Yup.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly because it gives a boost/barrel roll even if it's not on the action bar, and they don't want barrel rolling upsilons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Panzeh posted:

I'm pretty sure it's mostly because it gives a boost/barrel roll even if it's not on the action bar, and they don't want barrel rolling upsilons.

I double checked the wording and my (broken) French confirms that it definitely says "from your action bar," so no barrel rolling T-70s or boosting FOs.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Why would Threat Tracker work with VI well? If it works during combat, are you hoping it activates after you'd already attacked in that round?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
If we're heading into a stress meta, then I think Lone Wolf will probably pan out as the top Kylo EPT. Action independent, if you can proc the title also it's 2 dice to reroll on attack, you're still incredibly mobile with Primed thrusters and advanced sensors, and you shave a point. EDIT: and rerolling green dice is manna from heaven

I'd run this - 3 point bid, linked batteries is good but long range scanners makes up for it a bit, you should be able to erase a stresshog or stressshuttle, and can seriously hurt a wookie.

TIE Silencer: •Kylo Ren (45)
Autothrusters (2)
•Lone Wolf (2)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Title (2)

Alpha-Class Star Wing: Nu Squadron Pilot (26)
Long-Range Scanners (0)
XG-1 Assault Configuration (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Long-Range Scanners (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Total: 97/100

Edit 2: I would also consider putting tractors on both and bumping to 99, just to slam and chuck wookies on rocks sounds like fun.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 29, 2017

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Funzo posted:

Why would Threat Tracker work with VI well? If it works during combat, are you hoping it activates after you'd already attacked in that round?

Shoot, keep your target lock and spend it to barrel roll out of the enemy arc if they shoot back.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

If we're heading into a stress meta, then I think Lone Wolf will probably pan out as the top Kylo EPT. Action independent, if you can proc the title also it's 2 dice to reroll on attack, you're still incredibly mobile with Primed thrusters and advanced sensors, and you shave a point. EDIT: and rerolling green dice is manna from heaven

I'd run this - 3 point bid, linked batteries is good but long range scanners makes up for it a bit, you should be able to erase a stresshog or stressshuttle, and can seriously hurt a wookie.

TIE Silencer: •Kylo Ren (45)
Autothrusters (2)
•Lone Wolf (2)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Title (2)

Long-Range Scanners (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Long-Range Scanners (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Total: 97/100

Edit 2: I would also consider putting tractors on both and bumping to 99, just to slam and chuck wookies on rocks sounds like fun.

Primed Thrusters seems like a waste of a slot since you're not self stressing and AS lets you Action when you K-Turn or T-Roll anyway. Cutting that will give you the room to put Linked Battery on both Gunboats.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Make the Empire Great Again :gizz:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Primed Thrusters seems like a waste of a slot since you're not self stressing and AS lets you Action when you K-Turn or T-Roll anyway. Cutting that will give you the room to put Linked Battery on both Gunboats.

Yeah, there's definitely an argument for leaving it at home, but there's also enough top level stressing that happens in the combat phase via tactician wookies, rebel captive, stressbot, stress steathpede, stress arc, the kimogila title (marginal user maybe) to render advanced sensors a bit useless if you're starting your turn stressed, so it's a 1 point investment in the 3 point sensor slot. It really depends on how the meta shakes out.

Anyway, I've stumbled on my seasons practice squad. It's called 'gently caress your alpha strike':

Protectorate Star.: •Fenn Rau (32)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)
Attanni Mindlink (1)

Starviper: •Guri (37)
Autothrusters (2)
Starviper Mk.II (-3)
•Virago (1)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Sensor Jammer (4)
•Cloaking Device (2)

Jumpmaster 5000: •Manaroo (30)
Tactical Jammers (1)
Adaptability (-1) (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Rigged Cargo Chute (1)

Total: 99/100

(I'll probably end up putting FCS on Guri, but sensor jammer is more in theme)

Just run Guri behind manaroo and roll 6 defence dice vs harpoons. Profit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Yeah, there's definitely an argument for leaving it at home, but there's also enough top level stressing that happens in the combat phase via tactician wookies, rebel captive, stressbot, stress steathpede, stress arc, the kimogila title (marginal user maybe) to render advanced sensors a bit useless if you're starting your turn stressed, so it's a 1 point investment in the 3 point sensor slot. It really depends on how the meta shakes out.

Anyway, I've stumbled on my seasons practice squad. It's called 'gently caress your alpha strike':

Protectorate Star.: •Fenn Rau (32)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)
Attanni Mindlink (1)

Starviper: •Guri (37)
Autothrusters (2)
Starviper Mk.II (-3)
•Virago (1)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Sensor Jammer (4)
•Cloaking Device (2)

Jumpmaster 5000: •Manaroo (30)
Tactical Jammers (1)
Adaptability (-1) (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Rigged Cargo Chute (1)

Total: 99/100

(I'll probably end up putting FCS on Guri, but sensor jammer is more in theme)

Just run Guri behind manaroo and roll 6 defence dice vs harpoons. Profit.

I'd probably go Intensity/Glititerstim and laugh as they shoot me with 4 dice + autothrusters + infinite focus + evade

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TIE Silencer preview is up

Nothing new but lol @ the image of Blackout kissing a rock to get the obstructed shot on Jess Pava.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

TIE Silencer preview is up

Nothing new but lol @ the image of Blackout kissing a rock to get the obstructed shot on Jess Pava.

And then next turn, he does an AdvSen barrel roll to avoid hitting said rock.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aw yeah, that's the stuff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That First Order Vanguard title is gonna be nuts. One time discard to reroll all your defense dice if you whiff an important roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

That First Order Vanguard title is gonna be nuts. One time discard to reroll all your defense dice if you whiff an important roll.

It's probably the best card in the pack. It's Predator-lite that can be discarded as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

• Locked thread