Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BBJoey posted:

you must understand it would be uncouth and unsporting to report on a politician’s personal life

Get the Daily Mail on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Really, you can’t imagine why anyone would have a problem with the final solution to the s44 question?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

How hosed is Dastyari?

I think he has shown both in letters and photographs that he's been in contact with the Iranian consulate and visited them to denounce his Iranian citizenship, yet the Iranians haven't got around to doing that.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

I think he has shown both in letters and photographs that he's been in contact with the Iranian consulate and visited them to denounce his Iranian citizenship, yet the Iranians haven't got around to doing that.

I don't think it's citizenship, it's telling Chinese political donors about governments tapping phone calls.

I think he's in moderate but not terminal trouble.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Resident Idiot posted:

I don't think it's citizenship, it's telling Chinese political donors about governments tapping phone calls.

Ah sorry, got confused with all the S.44 chat.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

NTRabbit posted:

In non Queensland or Barnaby loving his staff news, the SA pre-election campaign of good ideas from Labor continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M

A cable car, a hotel and an Australiana shopping village could be coming to Cleland Wildlife Park, under new plans the South Australian Government hopes will turn it into a world-class tourism destination.
"world-class tourism destination" is code for "gaudy consumer bullshit aimed at rich tourists from China", right?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Bit late to podcast chat, but what do you guys actually listen to?

It would make my day if this was real and this was the tone of political discourse.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Hobo Erotica posted:

Chapo, the dollop, citations needed, hardcore history.
For fun: The Adventure Zone, mbmbam, and anything from idle thumbs.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Hobo Erotica posted:

It would make my day if this was real and this was the tone of political discourse.

It's real. All of it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Speaking to Fairfax Media, Wilson said she was put on the same table as the Burke's Backyard star for the 1996 Logie Awards.

"He seemed like a nice bloke," she said. "The awards ceremony started and I remember I was wearing a navy blue velvet maternity evening dress.

"I turned around to look at the stage and I said to Don - because we'd been talking - 'Please excuse my back' because I was turning my back to him.

"He said, 'Not at all. Do you mind if I lick it?' "

Wilson said her husband was sitting next to her and heard what was said.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hobo Erotica posted:

iajanus posted:

Podcasts are where it's at. McElroys all day every day.

Also the Bugle, 99% Invisible and James Bonding

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't regularly listen to any particular podcast, but if you're in the market for a lot of funny content, go find the casts of Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee's Get This.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hobo Erotica posted:

The Bugle, The Dollop, Beef and Dairy Network Podcast, Little Dum Dum Club, TOFOP, I love Green Guide Letters.

Since John Oliver left and the Bugle started getting guest hosts there has been a fair bit of Australian content on it, any episode with Alice Fraser is a must listen.

Beef and Dairy Network is amazing (but start from the beginning).

If you haven't ever listened to the Dollop there are tons of lists online of the best episodes to start with, but I would humbly recommend an episode I wrote the story for: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/304-the-modern-bushman

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hobo Erotica posted:

da friendlyjordies podcast, true believers, the conez and doh show

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Erotica posted:

As well as others mentioned, The Allusionist, RadioLab, Love and Radio are also good not-so-serious ones

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 29, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Senor Tron posted:

The Bugle, The Dollop, Beef and Dairy Network Podcast, Little Dum Dum Club, TOFOP, I love Green Guide Letters.

Since John Oliver left and the Bugle started getting guest hosts there has been a fair bit of Australian content on it, any episode with Alice Fraser is a must listen.

Beef and Dairy Network is amazing (but start from the beginning).

If you haven't ever listened to the Dollop there are tons of lists online of the best episodes to start with, but I would humbly recommend an episode I wrote the story for: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/304-the-modern-bushman

The Dollop is worth it just to listen to the Trumpcasts. Insane stuff.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iajanus posted:

Podcasts are where it's at. McElroys all day every day.

Basically this, plus Uhh Yeah Dude and I Don't Even Own a Television

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope

Hobo Erotica posted:

The f+ https://thefpl.us/.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Whoa, thanks guys. Have downloaded all of those and will give them a go.

Me: Friday night comedy (when it's the news quiz, not the now show or anything else), You've gotta start somewhere, I love green guide letters, All songs considered, Unearthed TOPS (was better with less talk but whatever, the music is actually all pretty great), Radio Lab, This American Life, Reply All, The Moth, No such thing as a fish, Song Exploder, TED radio hour, Like I'm a 6 year old / Wilosophy if the guests are interesting. And of course Mamamia out loud, Tell me it's going to be ok, This glorious mess, and No filter if the guest is interesting

Edit: Oh and the Trump thread just put me on to The Disinformation age which is about the whole 'social media bots' thing

Also go 1.5x speed

Birdstrike posted:

the conez and doh show

That's our old mate, isn't it...?

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 29, 2017

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Whoops double post

Yesssss..... Is she always like this?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Mr. Hookshot knew a dude who worked on Burke's Backyard years ago and while the guy didn't mention anything about sexual harassment he did say the guy was a massive douchebag to literally everyone.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hobo Erotica posted:

That's our old mate, isn't it...?

Yes, IWC.

Also yeah, The Adventure Zone is good, but I haven't listened to it since the conclusion of tres horny bois

only listened to a few episodes of mbmbam but hoooooooooooooly poo poo, i nearly died laughing at one of the bits from an earlier episode with the garfield fanfiction yahoo answers question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExKw38rntw

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

ili posted:

Chiropracters don't do ballsack waxes.
Get a better chiro.

Resident Idiot posted:

It should be jail time either for espionage or corruption.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Resident Idiot posted:

If he did this after the Snowden leaks then it's hardly news

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tithin posted:

only listened to a few episodes of mbmbam but hoooooooooooooly poo poo, i nearly died laughing at one of the bits from an earlier episode with the garfield fanfiction yahoo answers question

I only started listening a couple of months ago, best to start from ep.1 because it's all gold.
Ven Conmigo a Jurassic Park had me in tears.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
ABC24 is saying marriage equality bill could be passed by end of day :toot:

JBP posted:

I don't regularly listen to any particular podcast, but if you're in the market for a lot of funny content, go find the casts of Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee's Get This.

The moment Ed accidentally electrocuted himself through his headphones while flying a drone in the studio remains the highlight of Australian comedy.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Ian Macdonald is upset that Hinch is wearing a rainbow scarf. It is very inappropriate attire for parliament.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

George Brandis posted:

Like the search for the bunyip, the search for the homophobic florist goes relentlessly on.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Gorilla Salad posted:

ABC24 is saying marriage equality bill could be passed by end of day :toot:

It'll be through the senate today, but it doesn't go to the HoR until next week, because Turnbull is a pissweasel.

It will probably pass cleanly, although the Nats will try to derail it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Did Brandis get hit over the head and have a personality change or something?

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

No, he's a savvy intellect hitching his wagon to the winning horse.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Don Dongington posted:

It'll be through the senate today, but it doesn't go to the HoR until next week, because Turnbull is a pissweasel.

I think you mean "through the ILLEGITIMATE senate".

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

He once called Howard a rat and genuinely thinks of himself as an enlightened small-l liberal.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Meanwhile in Tamworth

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

he’s always been a moderate in the scheme of the lnp so on rare occasions he acts like a decent human being

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

tithin posted:

Yes, IWC.

Also yeah, The Adventure Zone is good, but I haven't listened to it since the conclusion of tres horny bois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExKw38rntw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4LMymXjZI

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAFtL_5Vs

laughs all day every day

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

also i’m finding this tamworth poo poo very hard to believe because i’m meant to accept that someone drove through a town with a megaphone and there’s not even a single photo, let alone video or audio?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BBJoey posted:

also i’m finding this tamworth poo poo very hard to believe because i’m meant to accept that someone drove through a town with a megaphone and there’s not even a single photo, let alone video or audio?

Pretty much. I am fairly certain Tamworth has gormless kids with video phones and the internet.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Voluntary assisted dying officially passed and legalised in Victoria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Whitlam posted:

Voluntary assisted dying officially passed and legalised in Victoria.

time for me to follow thread's advice I guess

• Locked thread